InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Royal Birth: Sequel to His Little Girl ❯ Explinations ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
“You three are all fine and beautiful. Oh they are beautiful,” Shinta crooned over the twins. “Tell me Kagome, how is it that you woke up birthing them? Didn't you feel the on set of labor before hand?” she asked looking at her friend as she fed her son.
 
“No, I didn't. Well, I don't know. I'd had indigestion and a gnawing lower back ache since about noon yesterday. When I sat under the tree the back ache was easing and so was the indigestion, which I was grateful for cause the indigestion just kept getting worse.”
 
“That was no indigestion dear,” Shinta giggled at her friend's confused stare. “I'm willing to bet that you've been in labor since the time you began to feel your `indigestion' yesterday. Considering that you said it only got worse since you woke up - you probably moved into active labor sometime last night while you slept. You were more than likely just about fully dilated when you sat under the tree.”
 
“If that's true why didn't my water break before then?” Kagome burped her son.
 
“Simple, the water won't break until the pup moves into the birth canal.”
 
“So what you're saying is that in reality I've been in labor for nearly eighteen hours and just didn't notice it?” she asked incredibly.
 
“Mmhmm.”
 
“Wow.”
 
“So…”
 
“So what?” Kagome asked as she handed her son to Shinta and lifted her daughter to her breast.
 
“So what are their names?” Shinta prompted with a smile and a laugh.
 
Kagome looked at each child for a moment, opened her mouth as though to speak and then shut it again. “I don't know,” she said finally.
 
Kagome yawned as her daughter finished feeding and lifted the tiny hanyou to her shoulder to burp her. She yawned again and Shinta smiled and left her side.
 
“I think you need to take your mate to bed,” Shinta said to Sesshoumaru as she stepped outside her chambers. “She needs rest. I'm sure you can take care of the pups while she sleeps,” Shinta said to the taiyoukai leaving no room for argument.
 
Sesshoumaru nodded once and steeped inside to retrieve his mate and children.
 
 
 
“I'm not tired,” Kagome said as Sesshoumaru tucked her into the bed. She yawned and her mate raised one delicate silver brow at her.
 
“I might have believed that had it not been for your yawn.”
 
Kagome narrowed her eyes and stuck her tongue out at her mate who simply chuckled at her.
 
“Just rest my mate,” he said as he sat by her side and kissed her brow.
 
“But the pups -”
 
“Will be taken care of. There is no need to worry Kagome. Go to sleep.”
 
Kagome yawned once more and her eyes drooped tiredly as she slipped off to sleep. Sesshoumaru lifted the twins into his arms and held them against his chest as he exited the room, intent on letting his mate sleep as long as she would.
 
“How hard can it be?” he asked no one in particular as he looked down at his children. “They've fed and now they sleep. Females make it seem as though going to war is easier than taking care of a pup.” He shook his head. “All I need to do is hold them and they sleep,” he shook his head again, “nothing to it.”
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~***************~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
 
A.N.: I know this part is short, but I'm working up to a longer part.