InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Royal Birth: Sequel to His Little Girl ❯ Nothing to it ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Oh but Sesshoumaru was beginning to regret his can do attitude only a short hour later. He sat in his study, the pups nestled together and a large round pillow on the floor beside them. They were sleeping, curled one around the other, and snored peacefully as pups do as he answered and completed reviewing the news and other documents from the officials in charge of the sections of lands that they managed in his lands.
 
He was just finishing a rather tedious request from the northern section of the western lands when the tiny male woke up. He was so engrossed in the paper he was reading and mentally making fun of that he wouldn't have noticed the pup having woken if it hadn't been for his ardent wail. The wail that woke his sister, the wail that she echoed. Sesshoumaru sighed and looked at the crying pups.
 
This can't be too hard, he thought and lifted his pups into his arms; it still amazed him that his mate had birthed one youkai pup and one hanyou pup. All I have to do is hold them and rock them and they'll go back to sleep, he thought with an internal grin. Nothing to it…Boy was he wrong.
 
It had been half an hour since he had lifted the tiny pups into his arms and still they cried and screamed and wailed. Why wouldn't they go back to sleep? Surely there couldn't be anything for them to complain about already? It was then he felt it, a distinct warm wetness against his skin. Pulling the pups away, he looked down. Both pups had soaked through the cloth diapers they wore and onto his haori.
 
His golden eyes widened at the large wet spot and then he sighed and spread a towel on his desk and laid the children upon it.
 
“Stay, do not move,” he commanded the infants, not seeing the folly in commanding newborn infants.
 
Moving to the small wooden box that his mate had made him keep in his study for just such occasions, he retrieved two fresh diapers and returned to the infants. The tiny pups were giggling and yipping at each other, the tiny female flattening her ears against the fluffy down on her head whenever her brother would try to bite at them. Sesshoumaru barely caught his daughter when she rolled to get away from her brother and rolled right off the desk.
 
Lifting her in his arms he looked from her to her brother a chagrined expression on his face.
 
“I told you both to stay, what part of stay do you not understand?” he asked his face stony as he question them both.
 
Neither pup seemed to understand or care about whatever it was he was saying, the male content to suck on his thumb while the female batted at her father's nose. Of course, he mentally sighed, just like all other youkai and hanyou pups, they had to be active and playful. At least they couldn't sit up or walk yet. He didn't have to worry about that for a few months at least.
 
He set the girl back on the desk and removed her brother's diaper first. See Kagome, nothing to it, he thought as he lay the naked baby's hips back on the towel so that he could pick up and correctly position the new diaper. Turning back to bend over his pup he was met with a face full of urine as the male child relieved himself and then promptly giggled happily.
 
Sesshoumaru was hard pressed not to growl, even more so when he could hear Kagome laughing in his head. So glad was he that she was sleeping and not here to enjoy his embarrassment, it was then though he caught sight of someone out of the corner of his eye and turned, intending to growl at whoever it was.
 
“You know dear, I had the same trouble with Souta when he was tiny as well. You learn how to duck fast,” Kashu said as she walked in and picked up the still naked male pup and held him up to her face, rubbing noses with him.
 
“Oh you're just a doll aren't you?” Kashu said to the pup in that loveable baby talk so many mothers use. “Oh yes you are. Yes you are. You're a good boy aren't you? Yes you are. Daddy just has to learn how to duck from little boys doesn't he?”
 
A narrowing of golden eyes made the woman chuckle as she handed her grandson back to her son in law. Sesshoumaru took the child, wary of what trick he might try to pull next. He watched the child with a critical eye and raised a brow at the look of complete innocence on the pup's face. A small huff and a clean diaper later and the child was back in his grandmother's arms being pampered and spoiled as she baby-talked to him.
 
Now it was time to change the female. He lifted the little girl up and divested her of her diaper.
 
“I knew you were the better twin,” Sesshoumaru praised the pup and lifted the naked female up to kiss her nose. It was then he heard the splattering. “That was a very important document,” he growled in irritation as he looked at the smiling little girl pup in his arms and then down at the now soaked scroll. The ink was bleeding and melding together and he heard the muffled giggling of his mate's mother as she stood cradling the male pup in her arms, her face buried in his tiny stomach to muffle her laughter.
 
Her mocha eyes were sparkling in high amusement as she met his chagrined golden orbs that narrowed on her and she fled the room with her grandson still in her arms as she laughed her way down the hall. Sesshoumaru growled as he turned his attention back to his naked daughter and saw the pure innocence on her face. Her little black ears perked up happily and he huffed a chuckle as he tried not to laugh.
 
The amusement of the situation finally caught up to him and he began to laugh, at first only small chuckles but soon a full belly laugh as he shook his head at his daughter.
 
“You know there are places around here to do that other than your office,” Inuyasha teased as he pinched his nose.
 
His answer was a balled up saturated diaper flying at his head. Inuyasha chuckled and ducked in time for it to fly over his head and splat in the hand of an older silver inuyoukai behind him. Sesshoumaru's eyes widened and Inuyasha turned around to see what caught his brother's attention. He turned back to his brother with a confused frown.
 
“Who the hell is he?” Inuyasha asked in his usual gruff tone.
 
“Show some respect pup,” the strange inuyoukai said to him.
 
“I don't know you, I don't owe you any damn respect,” the hanyou growled at the one who dare try to order him around.
 
“Perhaps, but I know you pup.”
 
The inuyoukai stepped into the study and plopped the soaked diaper into Sesshoumaru's open hand as he wiped his hand off on his hakama and then took the female pup into his arms.
 
“I've heard of your mate Sesshoumaru, she is widely known - everywhere.”
 
Inuyasha growled at this youkai who dare enter, pick up his niece as though he had any rights to her and then dare talk about Kagome. The only thing that was keeping the hanyou from attacking him was the fact that he was holding the pup in his arms.
 
“Get your damn hands off my niece bastard!” Inuyasha barked as he stomped over and snatched his niece out of the male's arms and growled low and threatening at the youkai. “Who the fuck do you think you are anyway and what the hell do you want with Kagome!”
 
“Inuyasha!” Sesshoumaru barked out his brother.
 
“Don't you fucking `Inuyasha' me! You're the one who was letting this bastard put his damn hands all over your daughter! Or did you some how miss that?” he snarled at his brother.
 
“It is alright Sesshoumaru,” the inuyoukai said waving off the rebuttal Sesshoumaru was about to give his brother. “He obviously doesn't remember me and is only protecting the pup.” He turned his attention to Inuyasha. “I am your father's brother Inuyasha, your uncle Maito.”
 
Inuyasha's growl was low and dangerous as his uncle came nearer to him and his golden eyes promised pain. His brother barked a warning at him which Inuyasha answered with a vicious snarl as he kept his eyes pinned on his `uncle'. The feelings of betrayal that he thought he'd long since buried shot back to the surface in a mad rage as he continued to growl at the inuyoukai. He understood why his brother couldn't come for him, but if this inu knew about him, was his supposed uncle and hadn't come looking for him…His fang nicked his tongue and blood rushed into his mouth - that would be his breaking point.
 
Red flooded the hanyou's eyes and it was then that Sesshoumaru noticed the distinct lack of Tetsusaiga on his brother's hip. Purple jagged striped appeared on his cheeks as he held the pup securely to his chest with one arm, the other hand shooting out to lash out at the youkai who refused to back away.
 
“Don't get any closer to him,” Sesshoumaru instructed his uncle. “He is not rational in this form.”
 
“He's rational enough to protect that pup and keep her calm,” Maito challenged.
 
Sesshoumaru's eyes narrowed dangerously as he looked upon his uncle who was seriously tempting fate.
 
“What is your agenda uncle?”
 
“Why only to see my nephew and his new pups.”
 
“And with my brother?”
 
“Only to see how it is that the hanyou survived. He shouldn't have.”
 
“I'm beginning to see the logic in my brother's defensiveness,” Sesshoumaru said as he watched as his still red-eyed youkai that was his brother stood near the open door cradling the tiny pup in his arms and still growling low and viciously.
 
“My brother was far too sentimental I think,” Maito said as he moved a step closer to his hanyou nephew. “He allowed you to live, the stain on the silver-white inu line.”
 
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~******************~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
 
A.N.: Ok I know I'm ducking flying things here, but I needed a cliffhanger.