InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Tale of Kagsha ❯ Return to the Past ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

15 year old Kagsha Higurashi was never considered to be “normal.” To begin with, she lived in an old, damaged Shinto shrine, as had all her ancestors on her mothers side. Another anomaly was her lack of parents. Her mother had once been a very successful writer, she always said that her stories were real, not out of her imagination. She taught her daughter to keep believing in dreams, since they were true, in some world, some dimension, someone was living out what she dreamed.

Her father was a mystery figure. Kagsha had never met him, and when she asked her mother about him, she would reply, Don’t think about it Kagsha, you'll never meet him anyways, and he doesn't know about you. I left him before he found out so that I wouldn't ruin him. Wouldn't give his enemies some kind of weakness for them to probe at. So I wouldn't ruin his life.” At this, Kagsha would realize that she was an unplanned for mistake, which always drove her to the brink of insanity. Now, she wished she'd paid better attention to her mom.

Kagsha sighed, could it have been only last week that her mother had lain in her deathbed and told her “If you ever go to the world where I met your father, don't fall in love with Inuyasha. Whatever you do, don't fall in love with him. Promise me.” Frightened at her mothers tone, Kagsha had quickly promised her, not knowing what her mother meant by “her fathers world.”. After her mother told her she loved her, she died.

Now here she sat, thinking of all that had happened since then. She had finished with the private little cremation, saving, according to her mothers instructions, five little bags of ashes. Now, she had to do her mothers final bidding. She had to find her father. She had to follow her mothers instructions precisely. It would all begin and end at the shrine of the bone eater's well. The shrine in their back yard.

, she felt an intense ringing in her ears and was drawn to the old well inside. She walked towards the well, dropping her coat and purse on the walkway, and taking one bag of ashes. She then closed her eyes, put the bag in her pocket, and jumped into the well, which was about six feet deep. Kagsha was surprised to not instantly hit the floor, and when she finally did, she looked up at the top of the well, expecting to see old brown roof beams and got the shock of her life.

“Where am I?” That was the only thing that ran through her head as she looked up and saw, instead of rafters, a clear blue sky. Even as she looked at the sky, she heard a noise, then she noticed two white dog ears and a floppy white mane of hair as a person stood up, leaned over the side of the well, and looked at her with the most beautiful gold eyes she had ever seen.

“Kagome? Is it really you?” He looked hopeful, and Kagsha found it hard to say the two letter word that would bring him pain: “No. I am not Kagome, I'm Kagsha.”

“You look like her. If you are not her, then how did you get here?” he asked, puzzled. That’s exactly what I was wondering Kagsha thought before saying, “I think I should be asking, Who are you?”

“I am…”

At that moment, a girl yelled, “Inuyasha!” He is Inuyasha? Oh wow, Mom said he would probably be as old as her by now, I wonder how long its been since she was here last? “You're Inuyasha?”

“The one and only.” He replied.

Smart ass. Well now that she knew who he was, she had to go see this strange world that she had been pulled into. To her surprise, when she stood up, she felt dizzy, then her knees buckled and she began to fall. Before she lost consciousness, she felt two strong arms grab her and pull her out of the well.

Wow, she looks so much like Kagome Inuyasha thought, his heart burning with the fire of unrequited love as he pulled the girl from the well. What did she say her name was? Oh, right… Kagsha. Wonder what's wrong with her. He picked her up gently then made his way towards the girl, Sango, who was walking up the hill with a scowl on her face.

“Inuyasha, didn't you hear me calling? Why didn't you answer?” Then she noticed the girl he carried. “Who is she?” she asked, noting the resemblance between this girl and Kagome, one of her dearest friends.

“She says her name is Kagsha. I found her at the well.” Saying this made him remember that he wasn’t holding Kagome. He looked down and saw the girl begin to stir. Sango had run ahead to tell Kaede to make room for an injured girl. Now, all Inuyasha had to do was carry her inside the house.