InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Tale of Kagsha ❯ A Peek Into Ihe Past ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Inuyasha raced after Kagsha, his heart pounding. Though he’d just met the girl, he was attached to her and worried about her. Suddenly, her scent stopped in a clearing. Inuyasha skidded to a stop and began to rant. “Oi! What the fuck do you think you’re doing? First you fall and scream. Then you faint. Then you go all ‘zombie’ and run off into nowhere…” Before he could say another word, Kagsha leapt made her move.

"What the..." Inuyasha could hardly contain his shock. One moment he was lecturing Kagsha as if she were an errant child, and the next, she side-stepped him, drew her stakes, and flew into the trees. A howl rent through the night air and Kagsha came flying out of the forest's fringe.

Kagsha slipped past Inuyasha and leapt. The wolf youkai had been ducked under a bush next to a tall tree. She had taken her stakes, one in each hand, and driven them into the two most accessible glowing and ringing appendages of the youkai, his right arm and leg, as she flowed miko powers into the stakes. She had not expected his left leg to kick at her, however.

Kouga gave out a heart breaking howl as he slumped out of the trees. In the middle of the clearing, Inuyasha stood, feet spread and braced, Tetsusaiga drawn, and a snarl marring his features as he protected Kagsha, who had come flying from the bushes. Apparently, Kagsha could hear and see the jewel shards that he had embedded in both his legs and his arm. She had stabbed the arm and right leg with her miko-infused stakes, almost purifying him and the shards at once. In immense pain, he had kicked at her and caught her on her left side, just below her ribs.

That fucking bastard! I'll kill him! He hurt Kagsha! "Wimpy wolf! Getting so weak you're almost defeated by a female?" Inuyasha could not resist taunting the heavily injured Kouga and was about to 'Wind Scar' him off the face of the earth when Sango, Miroku, and Shippo arrived on Kilala.

"Inuyasha!" Sango jumped off Kilala and put her hand on his wrist. He calmed down enough to see beyond the mists of red.

"What happened here?!?!" Miroku's voice startled everyone, including the now conscious Kagsha.

"Ask her." Inuyasha was dazed. He had almost transformed, even while holding Tetsusaiga. All because of Kagsha. What the hell was she thinking, attacking Kouga. I don't like the wimpy wolf either, but she attacked him for no reason... Wonder why?

"Get out of the way." Kagsha lifted herself to her feet gracefully and wiped the bloody stakes on a bush before twirling them and jumping at Kouga yet again. "He's mine. Don't try anything or you're next."

"What the hell are you doing, Kagsha? Kouga is an ally. A wimpy ally, but an ally anyways. You can't attack him." Inuyasha's defense of Kouga left everyone speechless.

"Then why is he glowing and ringing in his legs and arm?" Kagsha referred to the jewel shards, though she had no idea that that was what they were.

"Glowing? Ringing?" Miroku thought quickly. Aah. Lady Kagome could sense the shards. Perhaps her daughter can hear and see them. "It would be best to continue to discuss this at Kaede's hut. Kouga, what did she do to you?! Come on before you loose more blood. I promise this will all make sense when we talk it out. Kagsha, may I have a word with you?"

Kouga limped off to Kaede's in the company of Sango, Inuyasha, Kilala, and Shippo as Miroku turned to Kagsha. "Tell me, Kagsha. Why did Inuyasha carry you to Kaede's? Why did you attack Kouga? And why in his shard-embedded appendages?"

"Shard?" Kagsha was pissed beyond reason that her prey had been rescued. Now, the monk was trying to figure her out? Mom, I swear... If these weren't your friends I would lose control here...

Miroku stopped her train of thought with a curt reply. "Yes. Shard. Your mother, did she ever mention the Shikon no tama?"

"Shikon-no- what-a?" Kagsha's eyebrows rose and her expression went blank. With a sigh, Miroku motioned her to sit, sat himself, and began to explain the saga of her mother's life at 15.

One hour later...

"Where the hell are they? Miroku better not be doing anything to Kagsha or I swear..." I'll kill him. Inuyasha paced in front of the door flap. When he, Sango, Kouga, Kilala, and Shippo had arrived at Kaede's hut, he had expected Miroku and Kagsha to be right behind them.

Sango, sitting on her futon, watched Inuyasha pace worriedly. She had seen the similarities between him and Kagsha's true form. Oh, Kagome... When did you and Inuyasha mate? Why did you leave? And how can it be that your daughter is 15 and you are dead? Can you hear me up there, friend?

::Sango?::

Kagome? Is that you?

::Oh, Sango! I've missed you so much... Its been 15 long years, ne?::

Kagome... Kagsha is here. And... Its only been two years since you

last came.

::Nani?! How?::

I don't know. Inuyasha tried to cross several times, but the time slip wouldn't work. Did you seal the well?

::Yes.::

Maybe this is a side effect?

::Maybe... How are you Sango? Has Inuyasha met Kagsha?::

Yes... Kagome? When did you and Inuyasha... You know? The last time you were alone, well... What happened?

::Sango. Let me show you?::

Yes.

::Lay down. It will be like if you're having a dream. But it will

exhaust you::

Sango lay down and closed her eyes. I'm ready.

"Inuyasha!" Kagome pulled herself out of the well, her backpack hanging over her shoulder and an annoyed expression on her face. She had come home from school and found out that Inuyasha had come for her, then left.

"What do you want, wench?" Inuyasha walked across the clearing and grabbed her backpack before turning and walking away. Kagome ran after him intent on finding out why he had left.

10 minutes later

Inuyasha and Kagome walked out of the fringe of woods and began to cross a field to get to Kaede's village. They were so enthralled in their discussion that they did not notice the presence of a demon.

It was a bear youkai that had a shard. He raced across the field, directly onto Kagome's way and swiped with his claws.

At that moment, Inuyasha looked up, saw the bear, grabbed Kagome, and jumped out of the way. He dropped her by a tree and told her "Stay here, out of the way." before going back to battle the bear youkai. He drew Tetsusaiga and began preparing his 'Wind Scar' when the bear attacked. Dimly, he recognized Kagome's voice yelling something about the bear's right paw and a shard. Before he could gather correct information, the bear swiped at him with its right paw and knocked Tetsusaiga away from his grasp.

Kagome stood from where she had been dropped, scratching her arm against a protruding branch, and noticed the bear's paw glowing. She knew that Inuyasha would probably not hear her, but she had to try to tell him anyways. "Inuyasha, he has a shard in his right paw!!" Just as the words left her mouth, the beard tossed Tetsusaiga from Inuyasha's grip and turned to attack her. She screamed.

Kagome's scream echoed through the field and reached Inuyasha's ears. Kagome... she needs me! He turned to see what had happened and saw the bear youkai about to slash at Kagome. Mists of red crept into his vision as he let his youkai side take over. One thought ran through his head Must Protect Mate.

The youkai lifted his paw against Kagome when a red and silver blur suddenly flew up and attached itself to it's jugular vein. With a pained roar, the bear youkai's attention shifted to the creature who was currently killing it.

Inuyasha! Why is he not using the Tetsusaiga to finish the bear youkai off? Kagome looked around for Inuyasha's sword when the bear youkai gave its dying gurgle. Inuyasha let go of the bear's neck, wiped his bloody arms on the semi-clean fur and turned to Kagome who gasped at his red eyes. He walked towards her in a non-threatening way before releasing a little whimper and asking, in a dark, gravelly voice, "Mate, hurt?"

"Inuyasha?" Kagome stood still, slightly afraid of the transformed hanyou, and very shocked at being called 'Mate.' Said hanyou was coming closer to her, sniffing the air and distraughtly whimpering.

He reached her and grabbed her arm gently, bringing it up to his face to examine the tiny cut that had stopped bleeding. He looked into her face, and as his red eyes met her brown ones, he leaned down and licked the blood off her arm.

Oh. My. God. What is he doing?!?!? Kagome almost fainted from the sensations brought on by the touch of his tongue. She slipped into a world of semi-consciousness, through which she faintly felt a sudden rush of wind and heard a soft thump.

Inuyasha licked her arm clean of blood and saw her lose focus. He picked her up, jumped over trees for a few minutes, then set her down in a pretty little clearing. The clearing was small with a pond and a waterfall. To the right of the water, about fifteen yards into the forest was a small hole in the rock face: the hidden entrance to Inuyasha's secret home.

Kagome heard a soft whine. It took several seconds to register through her passion hazed mind. When she finally opened her eyes, she gasped. The clearing she was in was beautiful, but what made her gasp was seeing Inuyasha disappear into a tiny hole in the face of a rock.

"Inuyasha? Inu...Yasha?" Kagome took a timid step forward. The last thing she remembered before opening her eyes in this clearing was Inuyasha licking her arm. Now, she was alone and very nervous.

A soft scuffing sound was heard across the clearing. Inuyasha retreated from the cave, in his hands several piles of leaves. His 'house cleaning' done, he walked towards Kagome, who had her back to him, and wrapped his arms around her waist. "Mate. Come."

Kagome shivered hearing Inuyasha's voice, low and aroused. The proof of that arousal was prodding her gently on her lower back. She was helpless before him. And the strange thing was that she liked this sort of helplessness.

Inuyasha stepped backwards, with his arms locked around Kagome's waist, forcing her to step back with him. He carefully maneuvered them around rocks until he reached the thin crack that served as an entrance to his den. Without prior notice, he suddenly tightened his hold on Kagome's waist, swung around, and pushed her through the opening.

Kagome was barely beginning to react to being moved gently backwards when she was suddenly lifted and thrown through a seam in the rock and onto a thick bed of furs that smelled faintly of Inuyasha. Thinking about him made her angry at the way he had just treated her, but before she could fully react, Inuyasha was kneeling over her prone figure.

"Mate. Mate should not be angry." Inuyasha whimpered a little before dropping limply over Kagome, keeping himself from crushing her by putting his weight on his elbows. She began to push against him, and when he lifted off her to give her a little mobility, she rolled over and faced him.

Kagome was shocked at Inuyasha's words. Why does he keep calling me 'Mate'? Oof! He's heavy! Inuyasha dropped his weight on her and, puzzled, she pushed against him. He got the hint and eased up a little, enough to let her roll over before smushing her again beneath him, his lips barely an inch above hers. Oh Kami!!! Is this heaven? No... He's... in full-demon form. Does he even know what he's doing?

At the very moment Kagome noticed Inuyasha's red eyes, he noticed a bit of fear creep into her expression. With a whimper, he leaned down and proceeded to kiss her. What had begun as a small, chaste kiss quickly evolved into something more passionate. All of his instincts were urging him to take her, and he'd be damned in he refused those instincts.

The next day

Sunrise- Kagome awoke, warm, naked, and sore. She looked around the cave she was in, a little surprised at it before the first realization hit her: she was warm. Hardly daring to breathe, she turned slightly and found herself facing a sleeping Inuyasha. What the hell! Why is Inuyasha sleeping with me? This thought led to the second realization: she was naked. Oh my god! I am laying with Inuyasha- naked- on a bed of furs. What is wrong with this scenario? Like all thought processes, this one quickly evolved into: I am sore. Sore?!? How? Well, we did fight that bear youkai... Nah, that can't be it. Poor Kagome, not being a morning person, it took her several minutes to put two and two together: I slept with Inuyasha!!! Oh. My. God. I am so dead.

Ten minutes after sunrise found Kagome in the spring, washing and trying to recall what she could of the night before. She could remember landing in the springs, being thrown into the cave, and being kissed by Inuyasha (which caused her to blush heavily.) Other than that, she was drawing a blank.

Two hours later, a puzzled Inuyasha and a worried Kagome reached Kaede's hut. Inuyasha left Kagome there and ran off to find his favorite tree. What's wrong with Kagome? She seems a little sick, and she smells funny. I just wish I knew what was wrong with her. And what happened last night? Last I remember, I was fighting a bear youkai. Then this morning I awoke naked in a cave. What the hell happened?

Inside Kaede's hut, Kagome realized something very important: since Inuyasha was full youkai at the time of the cohabitation, he remembered nothing.

::Sango?::

Kagome.

::You know what happened after. I made my choice and left.::

So, Inuyasha doesn't know you mated? Or anything that happened between you?

::No. Don't tell him please. I must go, and so must you. I'll talk to

you soon, though. Take care of Kagsha for me?::

I will. Can I tell the others?

::Yes. Be safe, sister.::

Goodbye, Kagome. Sango drifted off into a deep sleep.