InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Tale of Kagsha ❯ Complications ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Inuyasha found himself lacking all energy to leap from tree to tree after his fight with Kagsha. Man, getting sat really hurts. I'd forgotten about that. He walked, looking up at the sky as he neared Kaede's hut. He sighed deeply, Kagome still on his mind. He walked until he suddenly fell to the floor. "What the hell?!?!?!"

"Agh!" Kagsha winced as she reached down to rub her ankle. Inuyasha had been walking, lost in thought when he had suddenly tripped on her ankle and hit the dirt. She herself had been to preoccupied with the recent revelation of Inuyasha's parental status that she hadn't seen him coming.

"Wench!" Inuyasha jumped up, a growl escaping his lips until he looked at Kagsha to see her kneeling, with her head bowed and her shoulders shaking. Oh, shit. What'd I say now? "Kagsha? Why are you crying?" The starry night sky was seen around the canopy of the Goshinboku. Inuyasha slumped to his knees in front of her before touching her chin. He lifted her face and looked into her eyes. "Don't cry, Kagsha. Please don't cry." He leaned forward and awkwardly hugged her.

Kagsha was shocked. She had completed her mission, she had found her father. And suddenly, the last thing she wanted was to return to her own time, where she was constantly in hiding and where she was alone. Inuyasha didn't seem like a bad guy, but she was sure that he wasn't ready to be a "father." In fact, she wasn't sure he even knew that he had bedded Kagome. Her mother had always told her that her father didn't know about her. So she did the only thing she could, she leaned into her dad's shoulder and cried out her frustrations.

Inuyasha had just hugged Kagsha in hopes of getting her to calm down. She had stiffened for a few seconds and then, to his utter shock, she had slumped forward and cried into him. She seemed to want to be comforted, and to be listened to as well. Before he could move, Kagsha leaned back, dried her tears, and stood up.

"Do you think the others will mind seeing me in this form? It takes a lot of energy to keep a concealing spell in place for the whole day." Kagsha began to move towards the village, her right ear flicked back to catch his response, her left shifting to hear anything else. Before Inuyasha could even respond, she suddenly went crumpling to the forest floor, a quiet scream ripping from her throat and her hands covering her ears.

"Kagsha? What's wrong? Kagsha!!!" Inuyasha panicked, picked her up, and bounded from the forest floor, through the trees and into Kaede's hut. "Help Kagsha!"

"What happened to the child? And where is she?" Kaede eyed the writhing figure on the floor as she asked Inuyasha. Sango, Miroku, and Shippo slept on peacefully, curled up by Kilala.

"Old hag! This is Kagsha. She is part demon, part miko. She uses a concealing spell during the day. We were talking and all of a sudden she fell down and screamed...silently. I picked her up and ran her here." Inuyasha was loosing patience. When Kaede reached forward to touch Kagsha, she was repelled by a powerful barrier.

Suddenly, without a word, Kagsha stood up. She walked out the door, turned to the east and took off running, her feet glowing blue, almost black. Inuyasha followed her as she began to run, yelling over his shoulder, "Get the others up, Kaede. Tell them to take Kilala and follow!" He raced after Kagsha towards the rising sun.

"Miroku, Wake up!" Sango hurriedly shook Miroku's shoulder. Kaede had awoken her even as Inuyasha's yell faded to echoes. Kilala had been easy to awake, but the monk slept like a rock. Finally she sighed and resorted to the basest way of waking him: she kissed him. As she pulled back, Miroku opened his eyes and touched his lips. "Lets go. Something happened to Kagsha." The monk looked at her with a strange expression.

"Miroku... " His hand shifted to cradle her cheek. "Miroku?" A slight pressure was applied to her rear. "Miroku!! Hentai!!" SLAP!