InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Tangled Web of Black and Silver ❯ Break-ups and Broken Heads ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Inuyasha yelled up at his now ex-girlfriend Nakari as he mounted his motorcycle. They had had yet another argument but this one had ended in the total anialation of the relationship. To the furry-eared dog-demon however it had not been worth it. She wasn’t what he was looking for. Worse yet was the realazation that dawned on him as he pulled out of the parking lot of her apartment building. He would have to go back and live with his older brother again…The thought sickened him.
He rode his bike confidently though his mind raged with inner turmoil and his heart slowly split in two as memories of Nakari poured from his brain’s storage unit. His long, silvery hair floated in the air behind him as he dodged cars and busses to get to wherever it was he was going as quickly as possible.
It was when the thoughts of Nakari’s sweet young body filled his mind and the memories of her scent his nostrils that he crashed into an on-coming car.
Inuyasha flew from the bike and went flying towards the pavement to have one of his most unpleasant encounters with asphault yet. He hit the ground with a thud and fell immediately unconscious.
****

Inuyasha opened his eyes to see a mass of black hair dangling above his face. The woman ,he found out moments later by her white outfit, was his nurse. She leaned over him provocatively unknowing of the fact that he had awkened. When she pulled back from adjusting his IV she was genuinely stunned to see two yellow-ish eyes looking at her.
“ Glad to see our little sleeping beauty is finally awake.” the emory haired woman said in a cheery light-hearted voice. “ For a while there we thought we might have to transfer you to the coma unit.”

“ How long have I been out?” Inuyasha questioned glancing quickly at her name tag.
‘Kagome’ it read in red letters. He smiled and sat up ignoring the shooting pain in his head.
“About three days.”
Suddenly all thought of how nice it would be to have this succulent piece of feminine perfection as his personal toy melted away at her biter-sweet words.
“Three days!! I have to- I gotta- Ah man.” Inuyahsa sat up quickly and regretted it soon after. “Ugh!!” He grunted loudly and lay back down on the bed.
“Yeah, uh there’s a reason you’ve been out for so long.” the ebony haired goddess remarked humerously. Inuyasha shot her a deadly look and closed his eyes to cope with the pain.
Ignoring his apparent anguish, Kagome busied herself with other menial tasks that only a lowly nurse as herself would do. She changed Inuyasha’s bed pan (something that embarrassed him greatly) and replaced it (which was even more embarrassing) and offered to help him to the shower.
The dog-demon considered and then nodded ruefully, not thrilled with having a knock-out like Kagome helping him to walk a short distance. There went his macho persona. He got up and allowed her to grip his arm.
It was as he approached the shower that he realized his white hospital robes were backless…and he had been stripped of his boxers. He gasped silently and made a point not to let her behind him. His means of doing so were anything but inconspicuous and she quickly caught on.
As he stepped into the white tiled area that was the place where he would bathe Kagome stuck her head in the curtain and said, “Inuyasha, forget about it. I’m the one they made take off your boxers”
She turned and left and the half-demon was glad she had because his cheeks turned deep red and he was soon resembling a cherry. He shook his silvery white hair and tried to gain a few moments of piece before faceing the dazzling beauty again.
***

They kept Inuyasha in the hospital for three more dyas to ensure his vital signs were stable and his arm casted appropriately. His release from the great sour smelling tomb was hardest because he no longer had an excuse to be around his newest crush.
He smiled and waved at her in the window as he mounted his bike. She smiled daintily and moved her hand in small circles in her own silent good-bye. That was it. Though he had developed a liking for her the vice-verca had not been accomplished and she said good-bye without a second thought.
Inuyasha pouted under his helmet and rode onto the highway, wondering if he would ever see her again. Then he realized that it was stupid to fawn over a woman he had known a mere three days and put her out of his mind. Though it troubled him that he had such strong feelings over a girl he wanted no more out of then a good time.
He stopped at a red light and stuck his hand in his pocket expecting to pull out a cigarette. Instead he found a ruffley crumbled piece of paper that looked much like that of a nurses notepad. He opened it up quickly in time to read the fist line.
Inuyasha,
You’re never going to believe me but…I don’t know how to say this but you need to know…


Converting /tmp/php9Nzpez to /dev/stdout