InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Tangled Web of Black and Silver ❯ Lions and Doggies and Skanks oh my!! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
...you were the sweetest guy I ever had the misfortune of caring for. Thanx, you know, for not being a jerk.
555-7863 Kagome.

Inuyasha could hardly believe she had written him.He sat on a swing somewhere in the cities center, rocking back and forth slowly. The dog-demon was completely dumbfounded. He sat there for another hour or two more-so aboiding Sheshoumaru then thinking about Kagome. At last ther time had come and he got up reluctantly and walked over to his motrorcycle a few feet away.

He revved the engine and ignored the red helmet still sitting on the pavement and took off down the street towards his brothers house. The sun was retreating ffrom the sky and the velvet blue of nights embrace to consume what it abandoned.

Fifteen minutes later Inuyasha rung the doorbell of the small suburban house awaiting the true terror that was to come. From inside he heard small laughter mingling with little screams.

Sheshoumaru flung open the door and had two white haired children hanging from both of his arms and one on his back pulling ceaslessy at his red, diamond-patterened tie. Inuyasha gazed in what appeared to be disgust at his olders siblings astonished face.
Sheshoumaru wore a white dresshirt tucked into tan dress pants and a shiny pair of brown penny loafers. The forementioned tie was now being aggressively chewed on by the tot on his back.

"Inuyasha what are you doing HERE of all places!!?" His surprise was genuine though Inuyasha new he wasnt happy about his arrival. Though Sheshoumarus personality reconstruction had made him a better person it had not dissapated thje animosity between the brothers. Carefully Sheshoumaru put down the theree squirming rugrats and straigtened his tie. He waited patiently for a reply.

" I-uh...broke up with Nikari..."

" So, what...you need ME now right" the detectable sense of predictability that his brother implied was enough to convince INuyasha this had been a bad idea.

" I dont need this-!!"

" No...inu stay...please." The brothers stared at eachother for a few minutes and then Inuyasha stepped inside. He was greeted by 6 or 7 children pulling eagerly at his untucked dress-shirt.

" How many you got now 7? 8?"

" Uh, ten actually...Ayame is pregnant with twins."

"Joy." Inuyasha said without the tiniest hint of it in his clearly adjitatated voice. " Where is the little bombshell?!!" INu played carefully removing the small kids from his clothing and placing them arms length away just in time for another to grab hold and begin tugging.

"Right here." a femenine voice said from behind him. The surprised half-demon spun around to see the strawberry blonde leanig against the kitchens doorframe. He glanced only once at her swollen belly and then back up at her glowing face. "What brings you here to our....happy home." she inquired straigtening herself and waddling and waddling towards him. Her thin arms were crossed and resting on her stomach.

Despite the obvious dilemnas Inuyasha firmly believed that Ayame could kick his ass at anything at any time. All the same he grinned he broadly and jested,

" Packing on the L-B's i see....try the gym on the corner of the 9th and 12th street.

"Very funny Inuyasha." she went suddenly still and staggered a few more steps toward her brother in law, " you smell like..." she stopped and turned to teh staircase to her right and yelled the way only a mother could, " Kaori get down here and greet your uncle!!"

Inuyasha's sharp demon ears could pick up the sound of high-heeled shoes clicking down the staircase. He looked up to see a blonde haired girl well into her teenage years strutting down the staircase.

Inuyasha felt a sudden fatherly paranoiaabout the way his niece was garbed. She wore a little black dress and strappy black shoes. " Wuh...are you- GAH!!"

" What?!" Kaori inquired sounding innocent beyond possibility. " Dont like my dress unky Yasha?" she said in her sweetest voice and throwing him a broad smile.

"I-uh...you..NO!!"

"no what!!?"

"I-well I like it...but..not, you know, on you"

"WHO WOULD YOU LIKE IT ON THEN!!" the angered teen yelled out. INuyasha nearly swallowed his tounge.

"Guh..I uh...I have to go to...the sidewalk." he moved for the door but found his path blocked by Sheshoumaru.

" DOnt go Inu...shes a kid and we know it, but you still have to realize it."

"Sheshy, im not staying here with YOU the rampant beasts, the pregnant lioness, or the ten dollar skank!!" he pushed passe dhis older brother and made his way to his motorcycle and revved the engine. He glanced back only once and then headed for the nearest hotel.
Converting /tmp/phpMCH0Hl to /dev/stdout