InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Thousand Years From Now ❯ Discovery ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Thousand Years From Now

~Selene Serenity~

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha. Please don't copy or steal!

Author's notes: Hey all. Yet another fanfic from me…. yeah you must being getting fed up with me not finishing the others…I'm working on them I promise! So it's an AU fic, and Inuyasha comes from are time and Kagome's from even further in the future! What insanity will ensue!? I'm not sure…but there's bound to be a lot of it…insanity that is.

Chapter One

Awakening

Kagome had just finished her last piece of paper work that she had been assigned that morning. It was Saturday and she was stuck inside her stuffy cubicle doing paperwork for the cryogenics lab. Three years ago she had signed up for the intern job with her friend and college roommate, Sango. When they got the job the two quickly became friends with another intern, Miroku. He was a bit of a pervert, but Kagome and Sango saw past that little detail. The two of them were now in their junior year of college, and in the top half of their class, but Kagome was anything but happy. 'This job is soooo boring.' She thought and collected up all the papers. 'I thought all sorts of interesting things would happen, but nothing has! Its just paper work, paper work, paper work!' She stormed out of her cubicle, carrying her papers and went to the boss's office where she was to drop it off.

She reached the office and since no one was there placed the papers on her desk. "There you go you old hag!" She said boldly, knowing no one was in earshot. If anyone were she'd have kept her mouth shut. 'Ah well.' She sighed. 'About time I met Sango and Miroku for lunch.' She left the office and headed for the cafeteria.

As she walked down the hallway that led to the cafeteria Kagome passed all the usual doors she did every day. Offices, labs, storage rooms, but then…she spotted a door that she had never seen opened before. She had always assumed it was another storage closet and hadn't made a fuss over it. But now the door was open. She walked over to it, making sure no one was around. When she looked in it was pitch black and Kagome could barely make out a staircase. 'A basement?' She thought. She felt the wall just inside and found a light switch. She flicked it on and looked down. She could see anything from where she stood so she decided to go down, pretty much because her curiosity got the best of her.

When she reached the bottom all she saw was a dusty, empty basement room. That was before she turned and faced the back and found nine very old models of the cryogenic capsules. "What the?" She gasped. As far as she could tell all nine were still in use. She slowly crept towards one of the capsules and swept the dust off the glass window. She peered inside and saw the sleeping face of a boy, maybe around her age. He had long white hair and what shocked her the most was the pair of dog-ears on his head. "What is he!?" She wondered.

Suddenly Kagome felt a sneeze coming on. "Stupid dust…" She grumbled. She finally let the sneeze out and lost her balance. She tumbled foreward and fell against the capsule. Once she regained balance she stood up straight and immediately noticed that when she had fallen she had hit the release button on the capsule. "Oh no!" She gasped and backed away.

The door opened making a loud exhaust noise. "Oh man…this can't be good!" She bit her lip as the door swung open all the way. The boy stood, still unconscious, in only a hospital robe. It was obvious that he was slowly waking up though.

"Kagome?" Two voices called from behind her. Kagome spun around and saw Sango and Miroku standing there. "What are you doing down here?" Sango asked.

"Um…well, the door was open so I guess curiosity got the best of me." Kagome replied. "What about you two."

"Same." Miroku laughed.

"Um…Kagome?" Sango pointed behind Kagome.

Miroku and Kagome looked back at the capsule. "Oh yeah… um I kinda woke up someone I think…"

The boy was now completely awake. He immediately ran at Kagome and grabbed her shoulders and shook her. "Where am I!? Where's Naraku!?" He shouted.

"Uh…" Kagome starred at him with wide eyes. Miroku did his best to try and pull him off Kagome but it didn't really help.

"I don't know anything!" Kagome cried. "I'm just an intern here!"

"Please sir! Leave Kagome alone. You need to calm down." Sango stated. "If you don't you'll pass out."

"I don't pass out!" He snapped. But almost as soon as soon as he said it, he lost his grip on Kagome and fell backwards, unconscious. Miroku caught him and held him up.

"Told you so." Sango sighed. "Why does no one take that warning seriously?"

***

That evening Kagome sat in a chair, next to the boy, who was lying in a bed in the hospital wing of the building. She was finishing up some homework from school as she waited for the boy to wake up again. She put her pen down and sighed. She couldn't concentrate, too much had happened in that one day for her to concentrate. She stood up and placed her work on the seat. Stepping closer to his bed, Kagome starred at the two furry dog-ears on his head. "They're so cute…they don't seem to match his personality at all." She whispered. She then found her hand reaching for his right ear. She lightly held it between her thumb and index finger.

"Do you mind?" A voice grumbled. Kagome immediately let go of his ear and looked down at his face. He was now awake and glaring at her.

"Ah!" Kagome blushed. "Sorry." she said and went to the foot of the bed and picked up the clipboard hanging there.

"Where is Naraku?" He asked sternly.

"I already told you that I don't know!" Kagome snapped. "No one here does!" It was true. After she Miroku and Sango had brought him upstairs they immediately told some of the higher-ranking authorities in the building about him. No one had ever seen or even heard about the basements capsule. The problem immediately had thrown the company in a frenzy. So the company left Kagome to watch over the boy until he woke up. 'Why me?' She thought. "Like I said, I'm just an intern anyways."

"And where would here be?" He asked.

"Here would be Tokyo Cryogenics." Kagome replied.

"Cryogenics?"

"Yes. Now, I have some questions for you." Kagome looked over the clipboard. "What was the last year you remember it being?"

"Its 2000 isn't it?" The boy sat up a bit.

"2000!?" Kagome gasped. "You're from 2000!?"

"Yeah, so what?"

"It's now the year 3000! And that means that you've been frozen for…"

"A thousand years!!!" He shouted.

"That's the longest that anyone's ever been frozen…how is that even possible!? I didn't think they had the technology back then…"

"1000 years…that bastard Naraku better be dead then…" He growled.

"Um…well, next question. What's your name?"

"Inuyasha." He said simply.

"Last name?"

"I don't have one."

"What do you mean you don't have a last name?" Kagome blinked.

"Well most demons don't." He grinned

Author's notes: Well here you go the first chapter! ^_^ I hope you all like it. Do you think it's worth continuing? Please review!

Coming next chapter: Old history is dug up and project demon in found. Plus another trip to the basement and guess what, Inuyasha isn't the only one awake anymore…