InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Thousand Years From Now ❯ Awakening ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Thousand Years From Now

Chapter Two

~Selene Serenity~

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha. Please don't copy or steal!!

Authors Notes: Squee! People like my idea! I think…well anyways, please keep reading!!

~Chapter Two~

The clipboard and pencil clattered to the floor. "D…d…demon?" Kagome stuttered, starring and Inuyasha with fear and excitement.

"Well, half demon if you want to get technical. "But I usually don't tell people that part."

"Then…why did you tell me?"

"I don't know." He shrugged. "You needed it for that chart thingie didn't you?"

"Yeah, I guess." Kagome nodded and picked up the clipboard and pencil, jotting the note down quickly. She stood up and asked a few more questions, when Sango and Miroku walked in.

"Kagome! Are you all right!?" Sango gasped.

"He didn't attack you again did he?" Miroku inquired worriedly.

"No, no." Kagome assured them. "I've just been asking him a few questions."

"Oh, that's good. Do we know his name yet?" Sango peered at the clipboard. "Inuyasha huh?" Suddenly her eyes widen and her mouth dropped open. "Uh…uh…uh…" She stuttered.

"What's wrong Sango?" Miroku wondered and joined the two girls. Sango merely lifted her hand and pointed at Kagome's note on the paper. "Half…demon!?" He shouted, eyes bugging out. "What's that supposed to mean!?"

"Exactly what it says!" Inuyasha crossed his arms across his chest.

"But how is that even possible? Demons don't exist!" Miroku protested.

"What? Do you want me to prove it?" Inuyasha spat.

"No! No…we'll take your word on it." Kagome stopped the fight threatening to be unleashed.

Suddenly Inuyasha's nose perked up and her jumped out of the bed. "What are you doing!? You need to rest!" Kagome instructed.

Without a reply Inuyasha dashed out of the room, Kagome, Sango and Miroku following.

***

Meanwhile, in the hallway mentioned in the previous chapter, a new intern, Rin was walking, desperately searching for her boss's office. 'Oh man…I thought it was down this hallway…' She thought nervously. 'This place is so big, how am I supposed to find my way around on my first day?' Suddenly she came to an open door. She stopped and peered inside to find a staircase leading down to a basement room. She leaned in closer and as she did she lost her balance and toppled down the stairs, landing with a crash.

"Ow…" She groaned and stood up. 'What is this place?' She wondered walked to the other end of the room where she spotted some old capsules. She approached them and noticed four of them were empty.

"Don't touch those!" An angry voice cried behind her. Rin gasped and swiftly turned around, bumping into one of the capsules. At the bottom of the stairs was a boy, with silver white hair and gold eyes, wearing only a hospital nightgown. "Did you open those three capsules!?" He demanded.

"No!" Rin replied. "I came down here and they were open!"

"Inuyasha!" Kagome cried and ran down the stairs with Miroku and Sango. "Leave her alone."

Inuyasha glared at Rin then ran over to the three capsules that had been opened, besides his own. He leaned foreward sniffing them. "Damn. That bastard Naraku's on the loose. Not to mention the two attachments of his." He muttered angrily.

"What are you talking about?" Kagome asked as she joined him at the capsules, while Sango and Miroku tried to calm Rin down.

"Naraku, long story and I'm NOT going into it."

"What…what is he?" Rin quivered and pointed timidly at Inuyasha.

"Um…well you see he's a half demon…" Sango explained.

"What!?" Rin shouted.

"Hey, um, there's not supposed to be another capsule open right?" Miroku asked.

"No why?" Sango replied.

"Well there is." Miroku pointed behind Sango. She turned and saw the capsule that Rin had hit earlier was now open and a young man stood there, asleep still.

"Hey, he kind of looks like Inuyasha." Kagome pointed out.

"No he doesn't!" Inuyasha spat as if he had been offended.

"Okay…sorry." Kagome backed off a bit.

Soon the man in the capsule woke up, immediately spotting Inuyasha and glared at him. "Inuyasha…" Was his first word.

"Why, hello you son of a…" Inuyasha started.

"Inuyasha!" Kagome cried and covered his mouth. Inuyasha of course fought and she let go when he threatened her with his claws.

The man quickly reached down to his side as if to grab something, but was shocked to find nothing there. "Inuyasha! Where are the Tensigia and Tokijin?" He demanded.

"Keh, like I know Sesshomaru! I don't even know where the Tetsugia is!" Inuyasha replied.

Sesshomaru sighed and surveyed the room until his eyes landed on Rin. "Rin?" He asked silently.

Rin gasped and backed up a bit. "How do you know my name?" She asked cautiously.

"Inuyasha…do you know how long has it been?" Sesshomaru turned to Inuyasha.

"Oh, only a thousand years." Inuyasha shrugged.

"Then how in the seven hells is Rin still alive?" He said calmly, though the comment should have been expressed angrily.

"Rin? Oh you mean that little human girl that followed you around? I have no idea." He replied vaguely.

"Well I'm defiantly not a thousand years old. So I can't be the same Rin you knew." She assured Sesshomaru meekly.

"Well certainly look and smell like her. Though I suppose the sent is a bit off." He looked her over.

Nervous from his stare, Rin stepped closer to Kagome. Kagome turned to Rin. "You know where the hospital wing is right?" Kagome asked.

"It's about the only place I can actually find." She nodded.

"Okay, could you please bring Mr.…um Sesshomaru to the hospital wings and have one of the nurses check him out?"

"All right." Rin agreed. "Sesshomaru…sir. Would you please come with me?" She asked him.

"I suppose." He nodded. He looked back at Inuyasha. "Rest assure, once I find my swords, your head shall be mine." And with that the two went upstairs.

Sango sighed and moved to the next capsule. "And shall we see what's behind door number two?" She pressed the release button.

Once the occupant awoke, he too began to argue with Inuyasha, while Kagome, Miroku and Sango rolled their eyes. "You little mutt, where have you taken me!?" He cried and jumped out of the capsule.

"I didn't take you anywhere!!!" Inuyasha shouted. "I don't know what happened, but somehow we're all here!"

"What?" He blinked.

"I think it has something to do with that damned Project Demon thing." Inuyasha replied.

"Project Demon? What's that?" Miroku wondered, butting into the conversation.

"Is he one of them?" The new demon spat.

"I don't think so. They seem pretty clueless if you ask me Kouga." Inuyasha told him.

"Well then what the hell is this place?" He asked.

"It's a cryogenics lab. You have been frozen for about a thousand years." Sango replied.

"A thousand years huh?" He smirked. "Well at least that Naraku is dead. Only wish I could have been the one to take him down."

"You know that's my job wolf boy." Inuyasha snorted. "And he's still alive, can't you even smell him?"

Kouga quickly sniffed the air and grimaced. "Ah well looks like I can claim my revenge after all."

"It's my revenge not yours. All he did you was beat the tar out of you."

"Oh yes and you, he tore you're heart out and shoved it back in, and all over a stupid human! HA! HA! HA!" He said, pausing in between each laugh. "You're so pathetic Inuyasha you know that?"

"Kouga, do you ever shut your trap?" Inuyasha growled.

"All right!" Kagome got in between the two. "Why don't I take you upstairs to the hospital wing." She said to Kouga and pulled on his arm.

"Oh? And just who are you?" He starred down at her.

"I'm Kagome, I'm an intern her and I've been put in charge of all of the occupants of the capsules downstairs. Now you need to go get a check up from one of the doctors." She explained.

"Hmph. Fine, I'll be back Inuyasha, you hear me?" He growled.

Once they were gone Miroku smirked at Inuyasha. "My, you certainly have a way with making friends don't you?"

"Shut up." Inuyasha huffed. "Aren't you supposed to open these things?"

"Right." He nodded and went to the next capsule.

Three wolf demons, one toad demon, one Tanuki and one fire breathing cat demon later…(AN: I know I screwed up the numbers somewhere along the line…but oh well. I apologize.) they had opened all the capsules. Kagome, Rin, Miroku and Sango walked back upstairs together and promptly collapsed in the waiting room of the hospital wing. "Ugh…I'm exhausted." Sango complained. "I'm going home, taking a shower then going to bed."

"Oh, do you mind if I join you then?" Miroku smiled.

"No!" Sango cried and punched him in the arm. "Pervert…" She mumbled.

Kagome rolled her eyes. "Hey Rin, where do you go to school?" She wondered.

"Tokyo University. I just transferred the other day." Rin replied.

"Hey, that's where the three of us go!" Kagome smiled. "I wonder if we have any classes together."

"I'm sure we do." Rin said as she stood up. "Well I better get back. I'm really tired."

"Yeah." The others agreed and got up as well.

"I hope we see you in class tomorrow." Sango smiled at Rin.

"Me too!" She agreed and left.

"I'll give you two a ride alright?" Miroku offered, pulling out his car keys.

"Of course you will! You think we'd expect anything else?" Sango laughed.

Author's Notes: Tada…sorry for the whole numbers mix up. I'm sure you figured out who the other demons are so I won't treat you like idiots and tell you who they are…you'll find out in the next chapter anyways! We'll I hope you enjoyed the second chapter and there's more on the way!