InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Twist in Kagome's Fate ❯ Cheating! ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

*Disclaimer: I do not own ANY of the Inuyasha characters!*
Chapter 1: Cheating!!
 
Kagome Higurshi slumped down further in her seat as her mom explained why their father wouldn't be home for Easter again this year. Kagome looked down at her lap. She couldn't remember a time her father was home for any of the holidays. He called and apologized that but never was he there anymore.
 
“This sucks!” Souta said flat out.
 
“Souta don't say that.” Their mom replied.
 
“Well it does, Mom. Souta is right, dad is never here for the holidays. Not even birthdays.” Kagome added in.
 
“Kagome, you of all people should know how hard it is for your father.”
 
“I do know, mom. But you know that Souta has that graduation in May and my last day of being a junior. But dad wont be there.”
 
“He said he'd try.”
 
“Yeah, he always says that. But he is never here is he?” Kagome got pissed and stood up. “I'm going to take a walk around.”
 
“Ok, dear, be back by dinner.”
 
“Fine.” Kagome walked out.
 
She walked down the busy streets of Miami. The summer shops were going to open soon and she would be getting a job at one of them.
 
“Kags!” Her best friend, Anna, yelled.
 
“Hey Anna.” Kagome called back.
 
“Oh my god! Did you hear?” She asked excited.
 
“Hear what?”
 
“Kyle and Summer broke up. Well, Summer dumped him for liking someone else.”
 
“Oh really?” Kagome sounded a little depressed.
 
“Yeah. He apparently likes… you.”
“Really?!”
 
“Yeah, and he's at work. Wanna go up there?”
 
“Sure!”
 
The two girls walked up to the 17th street where they came to Pete's fish and pizza.
 
“Ok, here's the plan.” Anna started. “I'll go in and see if he is paying attention. If he isn't, slip in and hide down in front of the counter so he doesn't see you while I talk to him. If he likes you and wants to ask you out then to meet you up at the Seaside Lodge at sunset. That I'd get you up there somehow. What do you say to that?”
 
“Its cool. Ok, I guess you head in and I will wait for you to wave at me to go in.”
 
“Ok, that works. I'll see you in a little bit. Oh this is so exciting. My girl is finally getting the man of her life and I'm helping.” She smiled and headed into the restaurant.
 
“Welcome… you'll be seated momentarily.” Kyle said, he seemed to be distracted.
 
Anna waved for Kagome to slide in and hide.
 
“Hey Kyle. What you looking at?” She asked She took the picture and looked. It was of Kagome in a bikini.
 
“Hey give that ba…” He started.
 
“Anna, what are you doing here?” He seemed to be sitting down. Only allowing one hand on the counter. The other seemed to be in his lap. (A/n: I wont go into detail… NOW! LOL)
 
“I heard you like Kags.”
 
“Then you heard right.”
 
“Are you going to ask her out?”
 
“If I see her then yes.”
 
“How about you meet her at the Seaside Lodge at sunset?”
 
“How will she get there? And not know I'm there?”
 
“Leave that to me.” Anna smiled. She gave him the picture back.
 
“See you later.”
 
“Ok.” He replied as Anna walked out the door.  
 
Kagome waited for Anna to say the coast was clear to leave. She waited a while until… until she heard a familiar voice. She looked past the counter to see her own father sitting there with another woman and other children. She sat in horror. Her father had another family and was lying about his work. Kagome looked away. She couldn't see anymore. She stood up, not caring if Kyle saw her or not and walked out. She walked down the street in a daze. Anna had been trying to get her attention the entire time.
 
“Kagome Higurshi! Look at me!” Anna finally yelled.
 
“Wh-what?” Kagome asked.
 
“What is wrong with you? You have been in a daze since you left the restrurant did-” Anna was cut off.
 
“He has another family.”
 
“Who?”
 
“Dad. He has another family.”
 
“What? How do you know?”
 
“I saw him with another woman. And kids. They look like him.” She began to cry.
 
“Oh Kagome.” Anna hugged her friend.
 
“I cant tell my mom.. It would break her heart.”
 
“Ok, No telling your mom.”
 
They walked around the beach for another two hours before returning back to Kagome's apartment.
 
“Hello Anna. Kagome your father called. He said he will call later tonight.”
 
“Ok! That's great. I miss daddy.” She lied.
 
She was still pissed at him. They headed to her room and laughed.
 
“I cant believe he actually likes me.”
 
“I cant believe he has that picture.”
 
“I wonder why he has it.”
 
“I don't.” Anna made a disgusted face as she made a gutter minded comment.
 
“Oh my god! Anna! I didn't even wanna think about that!” Kagome laughed.
 
“Kagome. I'm going to pick up dinner. Souta is staying at Neil's house. Do you want to go with me?” Her mom called.
 
Kagome looked to Anna.
 
“Sure!” She called back. They jumped off the bed and headed to the door. “Where we going?”
 
“Pete's Fish and Pizza.” She turned off the lights and they headed out.
 
They got down to the resturant and paid for the pizza.
 
“Kagome!” Anna realized something.
 
“What?”
 
“Its almost sunset!”
 
“Oh no!” Kagome remembered. “Mom! I will see you back at the house. I have to take care of something.”
 
“Ok dear.”
 
Kagome and Anna darted down the boardwalk and to the Seaside Lodge.
 
“Kyle. Sorry, I was getting food.” She smiled as they stood there.
 
Anna disappeared behind a wall.
 
“Its alright.” He seemed nervous.
 
“Well, I guess you know Summer and I broke up.”
 
“Yeah, I'm sorry it didn't work out.”
 
He smiled.
 
“So why did you ask me here?”
 
“Well, I was wondering. Will you be my girlfriend?”
“Oh.. Ye-” She started, but saw someone behind Kyle. “Daddy?” “Kagome. What are you doing out here?” “What am I doing here? What are you doing here? You're supposed to be in Egypt, working. But the truth is that there is no trips. It's all lies. You are cheating on mom and you have another family.” Kagome shouted.
 
“Kagome… don't tell you mother.”
 
“Too late.” Sumi said behind him. “Sumi please, I can explain.” “Tell you other wife. Consider this getting divorced.” She said angrily and walked away.
 
Kagome following behind her, leaving her father standing there. Kyle stood there still waiting for an answer to his question. Her father looked at Kyle with eyes of sorrow, turned and walked away too.
 
*End Chapter* A/N: So did you like it? Sorry, it's the first time I ever posted my work, so leave me reviews! But please be semi-nice!! Chapter 2 will come soon!!!!