InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Wolf's Love ❯ Eastern Lands ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A Wolf's Love
by: Jyde Sayuri

A/N: This fic is for kougas mate riko. I'm sooooo sorry it took forever to finish, my parents have this thing about me being on the computer to long and they where home all last week. Plus ,my sister was hogging the computer. She just got back from camp so had like 20 e-mails to answer back. But that's not the point because I finished the first chapter.

Chapter 1
The Wolf Elder's Daughter

Koga had never met the wolves that guarded the eastern lands, so when one of the eastern wolves came to deliver a message from the wolf elder-something inside him could not refuse. He left his wolves behind, including Ginta and Hakakku. The Wolf Elder had sent for him specificly, which ment that whatever it was the wolf elder wanted it was important. Koga's journey to the eastern lands went by fairly quickly, with his jewel shards stuck in his legs Koga reached the day journey in an hour.

Once he had arrived, the place seemed deserted. Koga wondered why the Wolf elder would call upon him and not make an appearance. Koga thought that this act was extremly rude of the wolf elder. He turned around to head his way back, when he caught the scent of wolves. One was female, her scent was stronger to Koga then the others who were all males. He knew after they jumped out of the bushes that this was a test. Why would the wolf elder want to test him? he thought.

Oh well, he'd find out later eventually after he beat the crap out of everybody. He was really going to enjoy this. He turned around, he didn't want to hurt the girl but he did want to roughhouse with her a bit. He'd save her for last after he delt with the other wolves. It was a pretty easy fight for Koga everytime one of them tried to attack him he'd dodge it and punched them in the stomach so hard they fell into unconsciousness. Soon the girl was the only one left.

He could tell she was trying to defeat him as best she could despite the odds that she would loose. He loved her determation and felt it almost a shame to squash it but it was clear the wolf elder wanted him for something important and he was not going to miss up the chance for it whatever it was. He decided to just get it over with.

Almost immediatly he grabbed her by the arms and pinned her to the ground. It was the first real time he was actually able to see her. She was around 16 years old as far as he could tell, she was wearing a suit like Ayame except hers was black like the color her tribe wore. Her eyes were what really got Koga's attention they were a beautiful leafy green color and she had beautiful black hair that reached down to her shoulders. Koga was absolutly amazed by her beauty.

Suddenly the wolf elder walked up to them, "Congratulations Koga! You have beat our best wolves.". Koga remembering himself rolled off of the girl and stood up. "Ah I see you've met my daughter Riko (this wolf elder wasn't as old as Ayame's grandfather)". Koga still wanted to know why the wolf elder wanted him so he said "Yeah I have, but let's cut the crap. Why did you summon me here?"

The wolf elder turned to a more serious tone. "Because our tribe is getting weeker-we don't want to end up like Ayame's tribe. We know we were stronger than them but with Naraku's minions lying about we don't know how many attacks we can stand and-and I summoned you here because I would like you to train my daughter Riko to become a great warrior like you."

Koga laughed "Huh wouldn't it be better if I trained some of your men instead? They're stronger than her already." "Koga you've fought against her-she is stronger than any other female wolves and If our tribe is to dies out then it would be better for her to survive so she can repopulate the tribe again. And she would know how to protect herself, she is stronger than some of the males here but we need her to be at least ten times stronger and we know the only wolf who can make that happen is you."

Koga knew it was true, it was because he was so strong that he became leader of his tribe. People had doubts he could do it though because he was so young. Koga looked at Riko again her eyes seemed to hold him like a spell. Normally he would have argued and said he didn't have time to waste on a stupid girl. But to him Riko was different.

He decided he would train her for a month and see if it was worth his while- if it wasn't he would just bring her back to the wolf elder and tell him it wasn't worth his time to waste his time looking for the jewel shards. "Fine," he said. "I will train her for a month and then see how it goes." He couldn't tell whether the girl Riko wanted to leave or not. It seemed like she thought she was never going to see her family again.

Once she packed up her stuff and was ready to go, Koga got up and ran through the forest-not as fast as he could because he wanted to see if she could keep up with him at his normal pace. To his surprise she could, and he began to like Riko a little more for it. Every so often as they were running back to where Koga was supposed to meet Ginta and Hakkaku, Koga would catch a glimpse of her watching him.

He wondered if it was curiosity or if she was as much as he was attracted to his eyes as she was to his. Truthfully Koga hoped it was that. They had stopped for a few minutes to hunt for something to eat. They ended up cooking a small roasted boar. It had only taken them half a day to reach the camp where Ginta and Hakkaku where. When they got back the two male wolf demons asked "Koga who's she?" Koga smiled and said "She the wolf elder of the eastern land's daughter, she'll be training with me from now on."

A/N: Well I really hoped you liked it! My birthday's this week so I'll be a little busy. I'm cooking like all these anime themed treats.And I have to try and get together a costume for it and I ain't the best sewer.
~Jyde Sayuri~