InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Wolf's Love ❯ A Wolf's Kiss ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A Wolf's Love
by: Jyde Sayuri

A/N: It took me forever to update I AM SO SORRY. Just been really depressed lately and not in the mood to write. One of my relatives died last month and my parents are splitting up. Well anyways here's the chapter.

Chapter 2
A Wolf's Kiss

"So she's come to train with us has she? She looks pretty weak to me." Ginta spoke only tro be kicked in the head to the ground by Riko. "I guess not." Ginta weazed out afterwards. He helped himself up and dusted the dirt off of his shoulders. Koga laughed "Heh, looks like you need more training than her Ginta!" "Well what do we do now?" Riko asked, she came here to train she had to remind herself not to socialize.

But his eyes are soo, so... beautiful. Riko couldn't help but stare, Koga noticed this and asked her "Are you Okay? You seemed kind of dazed." "What? Oh uh, yeah I'm fine!" Riko quickly said as she blushed and turned her head away. "Right," Koga said with a slightly confused look, he never really travelled with a woman in his group before it was one thing that made him unsure of himself "well I guess you can start a sparring match with Ginta, I'm sure he'll want a bit of revenge for beating him up so fast."

Riko knew that unawares she could kick Ginta's butt, but when he knew he was about to fight he was strong and a bit more of a challenge, this made Riko a lot more determined to beat him. Ginta started off with a few kicks, Riko managed to dodge the first couple of kicks but was caught unawares when Ginta punched her in the stomach. Riko began to pick herself up and Koga said "I want to test your ability to avoid punches and kicks instead of doing them yourself. Once Ginta gets tired out you can start with Hakkaku and then me or until you tire yourself out."

It took about two hours for Ginta to get tired out first and so Hakkaku began to attack Riko, she was beginning to slow down and take more and more punches so Koga told her to stop for now. He planned on making her learn how to dodge moves without slowing down and getting tired first and then move on to her battle skills.

She had fought for an hour with Hakkaku when Koga told her to stop. Koga was really impressed to see how great her fighting skills where. "Your a great fighter Riko, it won't take long to train you. You got a couple of bruises though there's a hot spring a few distances away it'd probly relax your muscles." Riko spoke "Uh, thanks. Could you um, come and stay watch? Our clan females where mostly wiped out by Naraku and he has been hunting the rest of us down. We usually stayed with the females when we bathed but since their are no females around I was wondering"

"Uh, sure." Koga said blushing a little as he pictured the silhouette of her body in the water. He wasn't going to look but it would be hard even if he wanted to considering it was dark. They arrived at the hot spring and Koga stood watch behind a tree. It was quiet so he decided to start a conversation. "So Riko do you have any siblings?" he asked. "Yes, I had seven of them I was the second youngest. All but one my older brother Matsuo who was the third oldest died by the hands of Naraku."

Hearing the death of more of his wolf clan brothers and sisters deaths upset Koga. He clenched his fists and spoke "I promise you Riko, one day I shall avenge your family's death as well as my fellow comrades and defeat Naraku." "Then I will join you!" Riko said grabbing her towel and getting out of the water "Why do you think I came here to train."

Koga was shocked to hear her words even more shocked that he couldn't tell her that he didn't need anyone's help to defeat Naraku. He would let her join him for now but if it got to dangerous he would protect her with all he could and sent her back to her clan. Once Riko had gotten dressed. She and Koga headed back to the camp when a demon attacked.

It was one of Naraku's incarnations, it was about to introduce himself when Koga cut him off "-We don't need to know your name demon-scum, you'll be dead soon anyway!" Koga jumped into the air but for once was to slow because Riko had already attacked it. "That was my prey, you didn't have to hit him I could've gotten him!" Koga burst out. "You waste to much time talking to it! Besides he was after me anyways! They always are and they keep getting stronger and stronger and I'm scared that someday they'll be to strong for me or my clan and we will all be wiped out."

With this next statement Riko had burst out crying. Koga couldn't bare to see her cry. He knelt down beside her and held her. "Don't worry Riko. You'll have all the time you need to train, because I will protect you until your training is complete and you are strong enough to handle any demon!"
Koga then gazed deeply into her eyes and stared at him, they were alone in the forest Koga kneeled forward and....pulled her chin towards his, both hearts were beating so fast. Riko thought the whole world could hear her heart pounding in her chest. His lips then touched hers and it was in that moment that they embraced in solitude. A new romance had just begun for both of them that would change their lives forever.