InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Woman Scorned ❯ I'm not your Kagome! ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The next morning dawned bright and early for the unusual band of travelers. Once breakfast had been eaten and their belongings repacked, they once again set out to find the rampaging demons that were terrorizing the area. They soon found them in what was once a small peaceful village.

The battle was short, but intense. In the end, it was Sesshomaru that mostly defeated the demons. Kagome walked over and removed the shards from their bodies, instantly purifying them. She added the four small shards to the glass bottle in her backpack and turned to Sesshomaru with a grin.

"Thank you Sesshomaru-sama for your help. All we lack are the two in Koga's legs and the huge fragment that Naraku has," she said, bowing to the Inuyouki respectfully. To everyone's surprise and Inu-yasha's horror, Sesshomaru pulled her towards him and claimed her lips in a fiery kiss.

At first Kagome just stood there, in shock. Her first kiss and she was receiving it from Sesshomaru of all people! When she felt his tongue lick across her bottom lip, she instinctively parted her lips and felt him slip his tongue inside. After a couple of strokes against her tongue, he broke the kiss and gently pushed her away. Kagome stared up at him, lifting her hand to her slightly swollen lips. Sesshomaru merely smirked at her and stepped in front of her, to protect her from the charging angry hanyou.

"You bastard I told you to stay away from her!" Inu-yasha snarled as he rushed at his brother with bare claws. Sesshomaru merely looked bored. Once Inu-yasha was within range, Sesshomaru moved with lightening speed and grabbed his younger half brother by the throat, lifting him into the air. Inu-yasha swore and struggled to get free but was unable to break free from the iron grip on his throat.

"Why should you care brother what she does? After all, it's not like you have a claim on her. The only claim you have is on a walking corpse," Sesshomaru said in a bored tone of voice. Inu-yasha just glared at him, wanting to spill out his true feelings but unable to because of Kagome's safety. He watched as Kagome placed a gentle hand on Sesshomaru's arm, getting his attention.

"I think he's learned his lesson. Please let him down Sesshomaru-sama," she said softly. With a curt nod Sesshomaru abruptly released his hold on the hanyou and let him fall to the ground. Without another word, Sesshomaru turned and began to walk off, heading towards the mountains where Koga and his pack lived. After a few minutes, the rest of the group followed behind him.

 

The group stopped for the night just at the edge of the mountains where Koga's wolf pack lived. Once again, Miroku had miraculously come across some hot springs, so that the two women could bathe. Once again, Miroku was left behind to keep the peace between the Taiyoukai Lord and his hanyou half brother.

When the two women returned along with the kitsune Shippo, Miroku was standing between the two brothers, trying valiantly to keep them from fighting. Well, to keep Inu-yasha from fighting. Sesshomaru just looked bored, as usual.

"Inu-yasha, don't make me say the word!" Kagome said as she set her bag down next to her sleeping bag. She moved to stand beside Sesshomaru, and tried not to jump in surprise when his arm snaked around her waist and pulled her tight against his side. She looked up at him curiously, and forgot about everything but the fire that she saw burning in his eyes. It was the same fire she had seen when he kissed her earlier that day.

"S-Sesshomaru?" Kagome whispered softly as she watched with wide eyes as he lowered his head towards hers. Just before their lips were to meet, a disturbance from the other side of camp caught their attention. Koga had smelled Kagome's scent on the air and had swiftly made it to their camp. Now he stood on the other side, trying to get past Miroku and Inu-yasha as he saw the great Sesshomaru about to kiss his Kagome. His two friends were behind him, staring at the scene in slack jawed wonder.

"Get your hands off my Kagome!" Koga snarled as he strained against the two who held him. Sesshomaru merely smirked and gave Kagome a little hug before releasing her and stepping away. Kagome stared at him idly for a few seconds before Koga's voice penetrated the fog that she was in.

"For the last time I am NOT YOUR KAGOME!" the young girl screamed in frustration. Silence instantly fell over the group. They had never heard Kagome sound so upset over what was a routine declaration before.

The upset teenager stomped over to the now nervous hanyou and wolf demon until she was face to face with the both of them.

"Koga, I will allow you to keep the two shards in your legs until we defeat Naraku. After that, you'll have to give them up," Kagome all but snarled. Koga shrank back, more than a little intimidated by this new Kagome. He really should tell her that he was only joking as he and Ayame had already set a date for their joining ceremony. Before he could open his mouth however, Kagome had turned to the cowering hanyou next to him.

"And as for YOU Inu-yasha, you lost the right to have any say over my friends or my actions when you went off and screwed around with your clay pot bitch!" Kagome hissed. She then turned and walked off towards the woods, stopping only long enough to grab her towel. Only Sesshomaru was brave enough to follow her.

`Why did I lose control like that? I knew that Koga was only kidding like usual. And why am I suddenly having these strange feelings towards Sesshomaru?' Kagome thought as she quickly walked towards the hot springs nearby. Once she was there she quickly stripped out of her clothing and settled herself into the water, unaware of the golden pair of eyes that was watching her hungrily from the woods.