InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Woman Scorned ❯ Sesshomaru's hidden feelings ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sesshomaru watched as the human girl shed her clothes with no thought as to who or what might be watching and sank down into the steamy waters of the hot springs. Sesshomaru knew that he should have turned away once he realized what the miko was up to, but something deep inside him wouldn't let him. Why was he having these unwelcome feelings for a human girl? Was it because she was one of the only people he knew, human or demon that dared to stand up to him? He watched her sink down further into the water with a small sigh of pleasure and realized in horror that he was becoming highly uncomfortable by her small sighs of pleasure and her scent. Unable to control his actions, Sesshomaru quickly divested himself of his armor and clothing and stealthily made his way to the hot springs. Seeing that Kagome had her eyes closed in pleasure, Sesshomaru quickly and quietly slipped into the water beside her. When he felt her hand brush against his side, he froze and watched her eyes open and look straight at him in surprise.

 

"S-Sesshomaru, what are you doing here?" she asked softly. He looked down into her chocolate brown eyes and saw curiosity. There was no sign of fear and he was strangely glad. After all, he did not want her to be afraid of him.

 

"This Sesshomaru decided to follow you and make sure nothing happened to you. We have a deal remember?" he said in a cool voice. He leaned back against a rock and closed his eyes, although he was still aware of her presence beside him.

 

Kagome stared in puzzlement at the Taiyoukai Lord sitting next to her in the hot springs. At first, she had been a tiny bit frightened until she realized who it was. His presence around her when there was no one else around puzzled her. Not only that, she swore she had felt something in his kisses that she was positive had never been there before.

 

"Sesshomaru, earlier today when we kissed…" Kagome trailed off, unable to think of a way to phrase her question. Sesshomaru opened one eye lazily and looked at her, waiting for her to finish. When she didn't, he sighed and sat up, opening both eyes and pining Kagome back against her rock with his golden gaze.

 

"What's wrong Miko? Having second thoughts?" he purred as he slowly made his way closer to her. Kagome shrank back even further against her rock, her eyes huge in her face. Sesshomaru smirked as he smelled her nervousness and the slightest hint of something else in the air around her.

 

"If you are too bad because I'm just now beginning to enjoy myself," he whispered as he brushed his lips against hers. Kagome stiffened slightly, unsure of what was happening. All she knew was that just the barest brush of Sesshomaru's lips against her own made her feel warm and wants something more. Sesshomaru sensed her nervousness and sought to reassure her by backing away. Before he could though, Kagome's arms wrapped themselves tentatively around his neck and she shyly pressed her lips against his, unsure of what to do next. Sesshomaru took over, lightly stroking her bottom lip with his tongue until her lips parted for him. He felt her trembling against him, but knew that it wasn't from fear. She was an innocent and did not fully understanding everything that was happening. All she knew was that she felt like she was on fire every time Sesshomaru kissed or touched her.

 

Sesshomaru carefully deepened the kiss and fought the urge to suddenly throw her down and claim her right then and there. He knew that she was new to such things and he found that thanks to his cursed newfound feelings for her he wanted to make the experience as painless as possible. Moving carefully, silently thanking the heavens that his arm had finally regenerated, he placed one arm around her waist and let the other hand run through her midnight black hair. He felt her tentatively raise one hand and run her own fingers through his silvery-white hair. He growled softly to let her know that she was pleasing him and felt her relax even more against him. He finally pulled away slightly to trail a line of kisses down to where her shoulder and neck met. He gently kissed and licked the area, knowing that eventually that was where he would mark her as his mate. At the same time, he allowed the hand that had been tangled in Kagome's hair to wander up and down her back gently, soothing her. With a reluctant growl Sesshomaru gently pushed her away and quickly leaped out of the hot springs and disappeared into the forest where his clothing was. Kagome just stood there, her eyes wide with desire and confusion. Feeling a sudden cool breeze against her skin, Kagome also climbed out of the hot springs and redressed. As she made her way slowly back to camp, she turned the puzzle of what had just happened between her and Sesshomaru in the hot springs over and over in her mind.

 

Once she returned to camp she headed straight to her sleeping bag, stopping only to scoop up Shippo. She crawled inside and helped her adopted son find a comfortable place before allowing herself to relax. She could hear the sounds of the crackling fire and the quiet conversation between Sango and Miroku. Inu-yasha still hadn't come back from where ever he had gone and Sesshomaru was sitting up in a tree, his golden eyes boring down on Kagome and her sleeping son.

 

A sudden weight on the branch Sesshomaru was sitting on alerted him to the presence of his idiotic half brother.

 

"This is my tree so I would suggest you go find someplace else to squat," Sesshomaru said softly, taking great care not to wake Kagome or Shippo. Miroku and Sango had also fallen asleep.

 

"Feh, don't know why you'd want Kagome for. She's not that pretty or smart," Inu-yasha said, crossing his arms into their usual position. Although he looked relaxed, he was still alert to any sign of impending danger on Sesshomaru's part.

 

"Hanyou, just because you were too stupid to see how truly special that young Miko is doesn't mean that I am. I am only going to tell you one last time, if I hear of you degrading her or her adopted son. If I SEE you hurting the kitsune kit in any way, I will make sure your death is slow and painful." With those chilling words delivered to the suddenly nervous half-demon, Sesshomaru nimbly leapt out of the tree and made his way over to the sleeping girl and child in the strange bag. He lay down beside them, making sure that he didn't squash poor Shippo and wrapped his tail around them for extra warmth. He then looked up at his brother and raised an eyebrow when he saw Inu-yasha's face, daring him to disturb anyone. Inu-yasha backed down with a grumble, promising that the next day Sesshomaru would be leaving their group one way or the other.