InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Woman Scorned ❯ Kagome's newfound knowledge ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The group slowly made their way to Kaede's village, each lost in their own thoughts. Occasionally Inu-yasha would rouse and make some rude comment to either Shippo or Kagome, and was irritated when he was ignored.

They made camp for the night in a small clearing in the woods with some hot springs located nearby. Kagome had been unusually quiet all day, puzzled by how much she missed Sesshomaru. Shippo was also quiet, sensing that his mother was concentrating hard on something and didn't need any distractions. How she managed to ignore Inu-yasha's loud mouth and rude comments was beyond his comprehension.

After eating supper Kagome, Shippo and Sango retired to the hot springs for a short bath. Sango tried several times to strike up a conversation with her friend but gave up after only receiving short answers. Whatever Kagome was thinking about must have been pretty heavy for her to ignore Sango. The three finished bathing and returned to the camp site, where Kagome immediately crawled into her sleeping bag with Shippo and her portable CD player. Miroku and Sango had settled down close to her, with Kirara lying between Sango and the perverted houshi. Inu-yasha had taken off into the woods after he had finished eating. Everyone knew who he went to. Kagome had not seemed to care much one way or the other although deep inside her still freshly scarred heart a fresh wound had been inflicted. This was what she was thinking about as the soothing rhythm of an Evanescence song played into her ears.

 

Now I will tell you what I've done for you
50 thousand tears I've cried
Screaming Deceiving and Bleeding for you
And you still won't hear me

 

`That's true. Kami knows how many times I have cried over that baka Inu-yasha and he hasn't seemed to care,' Kagome thought bitterly.

 

(I'm going under)
Don't want your hand this time I'll save myself
Maybe I'll wake up for once
Not tormented daily defeated by you
Just when I thought I'd reached the bottom
I'm dying again

`That's what it feels like every time he returns from being with Kikyo, it feels like I am dying,' the young girl thought as the first of many tears began to trickle down her face. Fortunately, everyone else was asleep so she could grieve in privacy.

 

I'm going under
Drowning in you
I'm falling forever
I've got to break through
I'm going under

 

Kagome continued to cry quietly, trying not to wake either her son or her two friends. The last thing she wanted was for them to catch her crying over Inu-yasha when he had Sesshomaru. Although she just wasn't sure exactly what it was she felt for the Taiyoukai Lord.

 

Blurring and Stirring the truth and the lies
So I don't know what's real and what's not
Always confusing the thoughts in my head
So I can't trust myself anymore
I'm dying again

`All those times Inu-yasha lied to me and I lied to myself. How can I trust myself around him?' Kagome thought sadly. She stared up into the star lit sky and found that to her surprise that the face she saw in front of her did not belong to Inu-yasha, but to Sesshomaru.

 

I'm going under
Drowning in you
I'm falling forever
I've got to break through

So go on and scream
Scream at me I'm so far away
I won't be broken again
I've got to breathe I can't keep going under

`Inu-yasha is so not worth all the pain that he has put me through,' Kagome thought as she slowly dried her tears and pushed stop on her CD player. She silently gave thanks to the group for showing her what she should have seen all along. She was not weak, she was strong and she certainly did not need a lying cheating hanyou in her life! With that thought planted firmly in mind, Kagome fell into the first peaceful sleep she had had in ages.