InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Woman Scorned ❯ Preparing For A Trip Home ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kagome was awakened the next morning to the feel of her son Shippo patting gently on her face trying to wake her up. Kagome gently swatted at him until he stopped then sat up. She looked around sleepily and noticed that Miroku, Sango and Kirara were patiently sitting across the room from her.
 
“Hey guys what's wrong?” she asked sleepily as she stretched. Sango noticed where Miroku's eyes were and swiftly slapped him upside the head until his gaze returned to Kagome's face.
 
“Nothing really we were just wondering if you were going to go home anytime soon,” Miroku said as he rubbed the back of his head.
 
“Well, I was thinking about it. After all, I have so much I need to talk to my mom about,” Kagome replied softly. Sango looked at her sympathetically, knowing that this was something that Kagome would have to work out on her own.
 
“I really hate to ask but could you please bring me some of that Shampoo and Soap that you always have?” Sango asked with a small blush. She liked the way it made her hair and skin smell, even if it did attract a certain perverted monk's attention.
 
Kagome laughed and promised that she would bring some to her friend. She then turned to Miroku with a smile.
 
“Is there anything you would like Miroku? As long as it's not perverted,” Kagome added as she saw Miroku's eyes light up. At her last words his face fell slightly and Kagome could only wonder what he had been thinking about.
 
“No thank you Kagome,” Miroku said with a disappointed sigh. Kagome just rolled her eyes and shook out her dirty school uniform. She turned around and found that her friends were still sitting there and she felt an unusual stab of impatience at their failure to leave her to get dressed. Sango she didn't mind staying, but she definitely did not need a perverted monk watching her!
 
“Sango, can you take that baka Miroku and Shippo outside so I can get dressed?” Kagome asked in as patient a voice as she could muster up. Sango blinked at her then jumped to her feet, an apology written all over her face.
 
“Gomen Kagome! Come on you baka!” Sango exclaimed as she tugged on one of Miroku's arms to get him up. She forgot about his other one though and all too quickly felt a familiar hand sliding across her bottom.
 
“Hentai! Just wait until I get you outside!” the red faced demon exterminator bit out. Miroku sensed that now was a good time to go see if Kaede needed his help for anything and took off out the door, with Sango, Shippo and Kirara hot on his heels. Kagome stood there for a moment, laughing softly at their antics before swiftly undressing and redressing in her filthy school uniform.
 
`Well if I do become Sesshomaru's mate, at least I won't have to wear this ugly thing again,' Kagome thought with a grimace. She really hated her school uniform. The skirts were too short for school and the colors were just plain boring in her opinion. She was stuffing her nightclothes and CD player back into her backpack when she sensed that someone was standing behind her. Thinking it was Sango, Kagome began to talk to who she thought was Sango, unaware that it was actually Sesshomaru and that he was watching her with a highly amused smirk on his handsome face.