InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Abandon Ship ❯ The Rose ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Not mine, don't sue… actually, the Rose and Jake are mine… but other than that… nothing.

Abandon Ship

Chapter 2

"Yo! You 'kay?" a rough voice asked, pulling Kagome slowly back to consciousness. The light in her eyes was next to blinding as she went to look at the owner of the voice. Though her eyes had not yet attained a functioning level, she could feel the sand beneath her. There wasn't sand in the bone eater's well, just dirt… at least, there wasn't last time she checked.

"Where am I?" she croaked, her voice nearly as rough as his, and somewhat foreign to her ears. As he came into view, she could make out braided black hair, tanned skin, hard black eyes and a smirking face. He was handsome, but a little creepy.

"No where ya look like ya belong," he replied, laughing slightly. "Not sure of our exact location, but we're near the Southern Americas. Now take my 'and and we'll 'ead to the ship where we can figure out what to do with ya." He grabbed her coarse hand in his, pulling her up and supporting her with her arm across his shoulders. "Yer hands are rough… why?"

"I'm an archer… Ship?" Another laugh.

"Aye, ship. The Scarlet Rose. Come on, le's get going. I'm Jake, by the way, first mate… You are?" He talked a lot, though the majority of it was just to give her something to concentrate on, to keep her conscious.

"Kagome," she whispered, sparing her hoarse throat from the pain of speaking at usual level, though the word seemed more natural in her mind than those she had spoken before, and she couldn't figure out why.

"Kagome? Strange name… reminds me o' the cap'n's." He just kept talking, but his words were mumbled in her brain.

"Captain?" she asked, not quite able to focus on anything, let alone a word, which had to make it from her ears to her brain to be processed before it even tried to make sense of the word, and, once again, the word was strange on her lips.

"Aye, captain," Jake laughed, pulling her along as they walked around a curve, a rather large cove coming into view. There was a small boat pulled up on the white sand beach, but the real eye catcher was set right in the center of the cove, resting easily on the small waves. Kagome's eyes grew wide, now fairly awake, and she stood there on her own, as Jake continued towards the boat.

"Wow," she whispered in awe.

It was a magnificent ship, with intricate carvings, its wood-work painted to carefully that, in most parts, it was difficult to tell it was wood at all. It looked, more like a mixture of ebony and garnet, with lines of silver thrown in. The back was decorated with what looked like a gigantic scarlet rose; its vines, leaves, and thorns, woven in a complex knot, were of dusted silver.

"She's a beaut, ain't she?" Jake asked as she slowly caught up to him.

"She?" Kagome asked, sparing him a glance before focusing on the ship before her.

"The Rose. Cap'n won't let 'er get out o' shape. Does a lot o' the work 'erself. That's prob'ly what they're working on now, fixing the ship. So le's go."

"Sure," she mumbled, not really getting anything he said. She didn't pay attention to her surroundings as Jake pulled her into the boat and rowed them out to the ship. She hardly even noticed as she was shoved up some sort of ladder, and she definitely didn't notice the looks that many of the crew were giving her. The only things she did notice were the presence of a demon and well known symbol that adorned the black flag hanging from the main mast. As the demon grew closer, her only thoughts were:

At least I didn't say yes to Hojo.

******

Sessh: Well that took long enough… sheesh, I'm such a horrible author. It took me this long, and I still couldn't come up with a decent chapter. You can all kill me now. *looks over the chapter again* Why am I even posting this? I might as well take the story down its so horrible. Forgive me, I'm not going through a very good writing period.

Fluffy: You're forcing me into this, so when do I actually get to be in the story?

Sessh: Shut up. You have me write this terrible chapter and you expect to be in it any time soon? Guess again buddy. You're not getting into this until you give me something worth posting, and, for that matter, you're going to have a harder time than I had planned getting Kagome in Persistence.

Fluffy: *growls* I never agreed to being your muse.

Sessh: but you are, so tough it out.

Reviews:

Princessann: sorry about that, but thanks for reviewing, and sorry it took so long

Sessh: oh, and if anyone knows a site with info on ships and stuff like that, it would be very much appreciated. *sigh* I'm so pathetic.