InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Affettuoso al fine ❯ al fine 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

tiarella_cordifolia
TiarellaCordifolia


[Affett uoso al fine]
tender.:.to.:.the.:.end


(PG-13) "Inuyasha" Romance (Sess/Kag)

DISCLAIMER: The story is mine. The characters of "Inuyasha" aren't. So back off. -bites-

DEFINITION: (1) Affettuoso- musical term for "tender" (2) Al fine- musical term for "to the end"

SUMMARY: They say that unanswered "why's" are a part of life. No one ever thought that Kagome was never truly as naïve as they thought. How, in the midst of her short life, she had come to discover theories upon theories to the meaning of truly living. Tired of seeing everyone strive to sacrifice their happiness for others, Kagome finally seeks out to set things right for others. Slowly, but surely, Kagome's spirit and soul is breaking. That is, until someone came and picked up her broken pieces.

________________________________________________________________ _____________________________


Written in memory of the person, whom I admire most, the one who faces her own worst fears and torment in silence, never tainting the happiness of others with her sorrow.

Written in hopes that one day, someone will be able to pick up the broken pieces of your heart and heal them until nothing but the age-old scars to remind you of your past.

May you find your inner peace and happiness.

_____________________________________________________________ ________________________________

[Chapter 2]

Footsteps. Raindrops.

Tears.

She ran. She ran away.

'Why?'

She needed to run. She must run. She needed to hide, get away. Go anywhere but there. Anywhere but the place she once called home.

She ran away from it all.

The pain. The anger. The misunderstandings.

She ran away from reality.

And she kept running. Sobbing into her arm held in front of her eyes, blinding her from the path. The path she was blindly running into.

The road to truth she unknowingly chose.

She fell. Tripped over and fell on her knees, hand in front of her, maintaining her balance. Just like she tripped up her life and held on to the thin strand of hope to keep her living, to keep on believing. In what? She did not know. All she knew was that if she let go, she would fall, only to never stand up again.

She was handicapped. Her emotional scars has torn away at her core, stripping away the protecting façade only to reveal a hollow structure; a hollow structure that supported her shallow shell of a being.

And she sobbed.

Unleashing the dam of release.

'Even a river must be given a vent lest it erodes its bank.' She smiled wryly.

Indeed.

"Hey! Yo! Little girl! Are you getting on or not?"

Kagome looked up at the man who dared disturb her in her time of sacred mourning. A mourning over her lost self.

"Well? I haven't got all day!"

She blinked, anger and hurt leaving her eyes. It was the bus driver. She stood and brushed her knees. Calmly, she walked upon steady feet and stood behind the now closed doors.

"Fare? Seriously lady, have you never been on a bus before?" the fat little man exclaimed exasperatedly.

The sounds of coins hitting the metal counter tinkled in the air. She walked away.

The bus driver stared at the odd child. Never has he ever seen such an unresponsive teen. He grumbled and turned back to the road. 'hmph'

Wrenching her hair dry, she sat near the window. Leaning her forehead upon the glass, she stared out into the cruel world. What was the purpose of life if it were this painful? What's the purpose of living? Everyone was tired. Everyone wanted to rest. Why not let them? Why must they continue on this long, tedious road of unsuspecting surprises and burden called life? Why? She stared solemnly out of the window as if expecting an answer.

And so she sat, and drifted off to sleep.

"Last stop! Everybody off!"

"Hey! Get up! It's the last stop!" The speaker jabbed Kagome painfully in the ribs.

She winced.

Stirring from a fretful rest, she blinked at the blurry figure, adjusting to the light. She glanced about and saw that the bus was empty and the figure was motioning her to get off. Yawning, she stepped off the bus.

"oof!"

The last step was higher than she expected, and the raven-haired girl landed with a thud. Groaning, she walked towards the center of the sidewalk, vaguely registering the fact that it was dark and she should be getting home now. Her parents would be worried.

She frowned, upbruptly awake. No, she had no home. Home was where a loving, happy family lived together. Whether her parents had even stopped fighting yet, she did not know. She sighed. She felt so unneeded. A burden to her family. She was useless. A teenager already and yet, she had no means of connection in helping her family with their troubles.

That is to say, that was true before she came face to face with a big white poster board.

"HELP WANTED"

------------

Author's Note:

Hope you enjoyed it so far. Remember, this is an AU fanfic with alternate pairings. Don't say you haven't been warned.

[Review]