InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Affettuoso al fine ❯ al fine 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

tiarella_cordifolia
TiarellaCordifolia


[Affet tuoso al fine]
tender.:.to.:.the.:.end


(PG-13) "Inuyasha" Romance (Sess/Kag)

DISCLAIMER: Do we seriously need to write this for every chapter? -sighs- oh wells. If you're stupid enough to actually believe me when if I say "Inuyasha" belongs to me, then we'll talk k? And bring along a million bucks in US cash while you're at it. No lawyers man. I never said anything.

DEFINITION: (1) Affettuoso- musical term for "tender" (2) Al fine- musical term for "to the end"

SUMMARY: They say that unanswered "why's" are a part of life. No one ever thought that Kagome was never truly as naïve as they thought. How, in the midst of her short life, she had come to discover theories upon theories to the meaning of truly living. Tired of seeing everyone strive to sacrifice their happiness for others, Kagome finally seeks out to set things right for others. Slowly, but surely, Kagome's spirit and soul is breaking. That is, until someone came and picked up her broken pieces.

________________________________________________________________ _____________________________

Author's Note:

lalalala0=) Don't kill me for editing Chapter 2. I know, I know, what's up with me changing all my fics so they're all AU and like nearly none of them are taking place in the Feudal Ages anymore? I'm not sure myself, but you know how nearly every single fanfic like that end up being terribly cliché right? Either Kagome becomes OOC and/or demon/hanyou or Sesshy captures her and boom! Love and kiddies. I'm not saying there aren't any great original fanfics out there that just totally kick ass, cliché or not, but I also don't really know how to write action and you sorta needa sometimes when you write during that time period. It ain't called the Feudal Ages for nothin ya know?

__________________________________________________________________ ___________________________

[Chapter 3]

Long, gray stilettos rose from the cigarette stubs lingering on the bar counter, dancing lightly on the thin air; entwining erotically and moving gracefully across the room.

Standing on the far side of the room stood a dark, feminine figure, gliding silently in the shadows. Every now and then she popped up to refill someone's empty mugs. She kept quiet, watching drunken victims slouching over their spilled drinks, drinking away with sad mournful moans, drowning away their sorrows. A dark world reality is, made of twisted truths and horrors. It was such that drove these men hopeless, without a single helping hand to bring them up on their feet. And so they come. Filing in one by one to gather their drinks and crawling home with less in their pockets than before.

It was on such a pitiful class of misled folks that the bartending business took advantage of. They fed off of the ever-constant aching in the men's souls, the need for the empty space in their hearts to be filled by whatever desires it may be. Women, wealth, fame. It was all the same. They all brought these men to their knees, begging entrance to the bar for that one-pint or so to forget their miseries. It was the drink that succeeded in blocking out the pain where others could not, bringing along the release from the harsh world they sought release from. A sad business it was, but a business nonetheless. It brought food to the table and that's about it. And as long as the cash could support them, they will continue to live by such until a better opportunity comes along. If it ever does. That's just how life is.

That's all it ever will be.

And thus, the stalking shadow continued to move on. Grabbing tips whenever she could. Desperately eyeing the belly-belching men in order to avoid being caught unawares. A dangerous job this is for a young teenage girl like her, but it is still a job. It could make a difference in her life. Hopefully, it will remain for the better rather than the worse. And hopefully, she can escape this hellhole with her pride intact.

Her legs heavy with fatigue, she worked her way through the crowd and retired behind the safety of the bar counter. Leaning on the edge, she yawned and proceeded to wipe the counters and dry the washed cups. Might as well keep busy for an excuse not to go back out there. Who knows what could happen to a girl like her admist a crowd of drugged men?

Just then, a tall mass of silver-blond hair flew in the door and strode angrily to a seat at the counter. Most coincidentally, she noted, her corner. Groaning at her misfortune, she set then the cup and leaned over the counter to take his order. Oh wells, this beats filling cups.

Speaking over the light music and drunk voices, she inquired, "What would you like sir?"

Startled, the man lifted his face and eyed her rather skimpy outfit they made her wear. Raising a thin, elegant eyebrow, he replied in return in a deep, rumbling voice that shook the girl with its sensuality.

"You look a bit too young to be working here little girl."

She blinked. With a huff of indignation, she realized she has just been insulted, however indirectly.

"Hmph! Well you look a bit too sophisticated to be here old man. Troubling matters?"

He glared. "Nothing you could help me with little one."

Her eyes softened. They were both tired. Everyone in here was tired. She smiled dryly at the overall depressed mood of it all.

"I might not have seen as much as you have old man, but let me give you a piece of advice I've gained working here, though it may cost my job. Don't step through these doors again, or you will never leave. Whatever little misfortune you have now is not worth whatever else you may loose should you come back."

"I don't need your advice girl. I know very well the effects of alcohol on men, and I assure you I have enough self-restraint unlike some pitiful fools," he growled.

It was her turn to glare now, defenses kicking in full time. "They may be fools, but it may very well be the likes of you that drive them over the edge. Money-hogging people who care nothing for others but everything for themselves! They may be pitiful, but everyone has their own share of unhappy, foolish mistakes in life. What we can do, we try to do. However, some are just not as lucky as others, and the harder we struggle, the more tangled we are in our own hell." Her voice lowered towards the end, eyes glazed over as she looked over the huge amounts of stricken men in the room.

He eyed her warily. "Indeed. Wise words for such a young person. But let me assure you, not all of life's conceptions apply to everyone. Truths are sly little things and are very fickle. Just one little push from someone's own twisted self-pity turns the whole reality around. And reality is based on truths, while life as we know of it is based on reality. In the end, nothing is what it may seem, no matter how often it may apply. We just perceive things as we wish them to be, not matter how much we wish to deny it."

She nods, not trusting herself to speak while she registers this in mind. She sighs and stretches, unknowingly clinging her shirt closer to her body and showing off a little mid-drift to the men, and turned to her interesting new customer with a bright smile, aware of the few minutes left of her shift. "Now, what will you have sir?"

A young woman limped into the bar through the back door, struggling to support the heavyweight man slumped over her shoulders mumbling incoherently about a kiss owed to him. With a look of disgust, she left him in a heap in the corner and motioned for the raven-haired waitress to come over.

"Kagome!"

Turning, relief flooded through the young girl's features as she registered the newcomer's presence. Grinning, she waved and set down the drink on the counter.

"I'm off for my shift now old man, try and loosen up now. Life's too short to live it stiff, enjoy the freedom alcohol allows you while it lasts. And don't come back!" She turned and ruffles his hair, winking at him as she skipped away.

Wiping her hands on her overly short black skirt, she raced into the adjoining room. A few moment's later, she emerged, changed into beige jeans and black turtleneck, with a young child in her arms. With a slight bounce in her step, she walked over to the couple in the corner.

"Hey Sango! What's up with Miroku?"

With a growl, she turned to the unorganized mess on the floor and kicked the said male in the stomach. "Oh nothing. Just flirting with my girls while I was taking care of business is all. That and a couple of sake in his system."

Kagome giggled at the very apparent jealous tone in her friend's voice. Wiggling her eyebrows suggestively, she turned the young child into her arms and commented, "Rei over here must be catching some of her father's charm. I swear I saw several kids turn their heads when I went to the market to get her milk. You ran out."

"Oh," Sango cooed as she received her daughter into her arms. "My poor baby. Did any nasty perverts hit on you? Cuz if they did you just tell mama and she'll go beat them up for you okie?"

Smiling, Kagome looked wistfully at the loving embrace the two were in. Shaking her head at her absurd sudden jealousy over her young charge, she grinned mischievously as she glanced at the rather handsome male sleeping peacefully on the floor.

"You know, Sango, you should give more time to Miroku. He is after all Rei's father. I'm pretty sure that he cares a lot about you two. He's just not exactly that understanding about commitment yet, but give him some time and patience. He'll come around. All men were boys once afterall."

She snorted delicately. "The day you see Miroku pay only attention to me will be the day when you find yourself a drop-dead gorgeous rich guy who will love you forever and ever. That, and you throwing caution to the wind to live with the guy and take care of his kid."

Kagome flushed. Part from embarrassment in the truth of her words and part from anger at her implication. Just because she just so happened to spend all her free time working or studying doesn't mean she can't get a decent guy. True, she might not have shown much interest in them over the years, but that doesn't mean that she's a nun!

Seeing her friend's chagrin, Sango smiled apologetically. "I didn't mean it like that Kagome-chan. It's just that, I don't understand you sometimes. I mean, Kouga-kun is a wonderful guy and you haven't even once accepted his offers. He's rich, he's devoted, he's good-looking if you don't look that hard for flaws, and he's utterly in love with you! I just wish Miroku would at least show some sort of devotion towards us two even though we're not married yet. At least show some responsibility and get a good job to support Rei if not me. Working at a strip joint isn't exactly good for the kid and isn't enough to feed us both for long." Tears kissed her skin as the mother stared mournfully at the man who stole her heart. She just wished that if he can't at least show he cares, much less love, he should at least try to return her heart's worth.

Shifting uncomfortably on her feet, she leaned in to hug the two, friend and puzzled daughter-in-law, in an attempt to brighten up the atmosphere and lend a small bit of comfort.

"Cheer up Sango! You have Rei! Before you know it, she'll be all grown up and she'll become rich and take care of you! Isn't that right, Rei-chan?" She quickly, left their hug and turned to tickle the poor young child mercilessly as she squirmed in her mother's arms. Laughing, the three smiled at each other.

"Thanks Kagome-chan. You're the best. I know how much trouble you go through to take care of Rei-chan while working in a bar and I know it's not the best place for her, but I can't afford for nursery school and the strip club isn't the best place either. I went to an interview last Friday for a job as an assistant, but you know how it is with those people, one look at me and they think they're all that and tell me to look for another agency. Oh, I don't want Rei to have to face such discrimination just cuz we're poor and are forced to work at demeaning jobs since no one wants to accept us."

"I know. Working at a bar isn't that best place for me either."

Someone coughed their throat behind them and Sango looked at the handsome man behind Kagome and widened her eyes. Turning around quizzically, Kagome stared in disbelief as she stared at two golden brown orbs.

"I believe I can find it in my conscience to help you two out a bit if you can forgive me and allow me to take back what I said."

Kagome looked at him, confused. "What?"

"I've come to apologize and take back what I said, I believe we can help each other. You're the answer to my problems."

The two of them stared at him incredulously.

------------

Author's Note:

One guess on who the handsome guy is. ^_~ hehe. Sorry for the small cliffy and sorry if somethings aren't exactly correct in the bar, I'm still underage to go in there so I wouldn't know. But I'm pretty sure there are bars/clubs where people can sit and stuff without being at the bar counter. And I'm sure they refill in some places. Actually, that I'm not quite sure, but just go along will ya. ;D Again, sorry if you hate me for changing chapter 2, but the original one was real short and stupid and nothing in general, so yeah. It's not that big of a difference as my other fics. Besides, no one ever reviews for this fanfic. -pouts- so sad…

[Review]