InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Afraid to Love ❯ Midoriko's Gift ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

4: Midoriko's Gift

Mother Life looked at her daughters. "My dears, I am afraid that if they do not love each other, I will have to take away the taiyoukai's life." "Mother, why?" Fate asked. "Because, the souls have to be united to live. When Midoriko's soul was no longer with Sachimaru's, she died. If their souls are not together, one of them will have to die." The girls sighed and got back to work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Kagome was almost at the castle when she stopped and asked herself aloud "How could I love Sesshomaru if he's tried to kill me so many times?" She walked for another hour until the sky was dark and she unrolled her sleeping bag and crawled in with the question still on her mind. She fell asleep.

Midoriko took her hand and led her to a castle and outside stood Sesshomaru, his silver mane flowing with the wind. "Kagome, look inside his mind." Kagome concentrated all of her powers to Sesshomaru's mind and found a blue, heart-shaped object in the middle. "That, Kagome, is his mind. Look deeper." Kagome concentrated harder and gasped. In the middle of the heart was another heart, one that was glowing white. "Those are Sachimaru's thoughts, memories, and feelings. It is right there in the middle. You will have to go through everything else just to get there and to have him love you."

"What if he hurts me?" "Kagome, you have a goal in life and you must accomplish it, or…" "What?" "Something will happen that will leave you heartbroken." "What will happen?" "Sesshomaru will die." "Why?" "You shall find out later." Midoriko disappeared and Kagome was brought back into reality.

Kagome awoke and found a strange scroll in her hand. `Where did this come from?' she thought. She unrolled the scroll and read its content.

Is love that impossible to find?

If not, why can't I make love mine?

Loving you must be a big mistake,

If you say it leads only to heartbreak.

From love, you're afraid to get hurt again.

You say it would be best if we were just friends,

Even though you know I want to be more

Because you're sick of seeing hearts torn.

I'm willing to risk everything for love,

To risk the moon and stars above.

I'm willing to go through what you've been through.

I'm willing to do the things you do.

I want to be forever by your side,

To show that about my love I never lied.

I want to be forever in your life,

Whether as a mistress or as a wife.

I'll always be there when you laugh or cry.

I'll always be there `till the day I die.

I don't care if I'm happy or I'm sad;

I don't care if I'm smiling or I'm mad.

I'll swim the oceans in the cold.

I'll climb the mountains through the snow.

I'll do what I have to do,

As long as I have you.

Kagome rolled up the scroll. Midoriko had probably left this. She had to admit, the poem inspired her to go on with her goal. She rolled up her sleeping bag, grabbed her backpack, and continued on her journey.

A Few Hours Later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kagome stared awestruck at the castle. It was like a fairytale castle, but bigger and grander. "Wow!" "There she is! Capture her!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Sesshomaru smirked in his castle. "That's what you get for coming upon my lands, wench!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~