InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ After Image ❯ And it starts ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I edited this, and since it was only 1 chapter, I decided

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha and it vexes me so. And if you don't know what vexes means, look it up : p

::88088::: scene change

"quotes"

'thoughts'


::88088::

Inuyasha angrily swung at the demon protecting Kikyo from harm. "Don't lose your temper Inuyasha! If you defeat him, your body will be taken over by the poison imp." yelled Miroku

"SHUT UP!" Inuyasha barked . He stole a glance at Miroku only to see her Kagome sitting at his side. 'Kagome...,'he thought.

"Poison imp?" Kagome's eyes took on an odd quality. A sudden feeling swept over her and her eyes widened. She let out a groan, as if in pain, butshe didn't shift to indicate and injury. Her eyes went blank and she fell to her knees.

"Kagome-sama, what's the matter? Is something wrong?" Tear began to cloud her eyes and she began clutching her head in pain.

"Miroku-sama, it hurts." she said in a harsh whisper.

"What hurts Kagome-sama? Please, let me help you." The monks shifted his eyes from the fight to shadow the fallen miko to bestow a concerned glance on her.

"My head....my heart..." Miroku put and arm around her shoulder to stead her, fearing she was tettering far to much. "Miroku, it hurts...hurts..." Her voice was soft and rough.

Miroku felt himself close to wretching. Something so pure was in pain, and he was powerless to help her. He watched as Inuyasha continued to fight for Kikyo and instantly felt bitter toward the hanyou. He should be here, comforting Kagome, not defending the undead priestess.

"AHHHH!" Kagome yelled loudly, and his grip on her shoulders tightened. Her petite hands flew to her temples, and clutched her head intensely. Even with Miroku's hold on her shoulders, she began to thrashs lightly, trying to force away the pain. For a moment she was still, and Miroku thought the pain had stopped. He dared himself to look down at her. Tears had sprung from her blue-grey eyes.

"Kagome-sama?"

"I....I....I remember," she replied unsteadily. She seemed to be trying to pickher words carefully"He..he died because of...because of a poison imp. I died...because of a poison imp. We were...going to get married...but...the poison imp."

Miroku's blood went cold as ice. Nothing could have prepared him for what she said. Nothing could have prepared him for something as horrible as'I died' coming from Kagome.

"And we supposed to always be together Miroku-sama. He promised me that we would be." Kagome's voice had taken on a tone that greatly resembled that of a betrayed child. It was quiet and scared, but somehow hurt at the same time. Miroku looked to Inuyasha quickly, seeing he too had faltered at Kagomes statement.

"The hell," Inuyasha muttered. 'I died? What's going on Kagome? What's happened to you?'

Kagome's tears began to glow an erie white. The light broke through the darkness of the small cave, and Inuyasha had to cover his golden pupils quickly. His hearing solely trained on Kagome.

Kagome crying out, and whipped her head up. Her mouth opened widely, but what she spoke was soft, " He promised...."

::88088::

Inuyasha slowly opened his eyes. He was no longer in the moldy old cave, but rather in a clear meadow covered in small patches of herbs his nose instantly recognized from his many years of life. He picked himself off the ground and brushed dust particles off of his kimono. "Where the hell am I," he said rather loudly, expecting an answer if his voice was louder.

"Calm yourself Inuyasha," came a familiar voice from behind.

"Monk...where the hell are we? Last I remember I was fighting the imp, and Kagome...KAGOME!" Inuyasha's fury rose and he grabbed Miroku by the collar and lifted him into the air. "MONK! WHAT HAPPENED TO KAGOME!

Miroku shoved his hands from his front and straitened his robes. "Kagome-sama was in pain last I remember. While you protected Kikyo-sama, Kagome-sama began to shake with pain. But...not physical pain. Spiritual pain. Her aura was greatly disturbed Inuyasha." His expression was solemn, his heart and mind still feeling concern for Kagome.

"Her...aura? Start talking monk. What kinda shit are you spewing?"

"You see Inuyasha, while I was comforting Kagome-sama," Miroku feltsatisfied as he saw Inuyasha flinch, "I saw her clutch her head as if she was remembering something. But the light worries me...I've only heard of things like this once...and only when memories are supressed with a strong seal..

"And that means?" Inuyasha growled frustratedly. The riddles were giving him a headache.

"Perhaps,this is a particular memory of Kagome-sama might have been locked away to the far reaches of her mind, a memory that was never supposed to be released. That might explain the strong seal placed on her mind" Miroku stroked his chin knowingly. Inuyasha's ears flickered, and Miroku's own ears son heard the sound that distracted the inu-hanyou. A child...

"Kagome-sama can we go to the herb field, please," said a little girl's voice.

"Pwease Kagome-sama, can we. Pretty Pwease?" asked a little boy. Miroku and Inuyasha dove behind a small boulder.Three figuresdesended up the dirt path, one little girl, one little boy and Kagome. She was wearing a traditional miko outfit and held a child in either hand.

"Of course we can go to the field," Kagome said giving the children a soft smile, the same smile that once was directed to him. The three of them walked past the boulder that held the monk and hanyou.

"Inuyasha," Miroku started, "You must remember that this is only a memory. We are invisible and cannot make any difference to the events that take place before our eyes. Whatever you see, no matter how much it makes your blood boil, you must not lose your temper, for in this memory, even the Tetsusaiga is powerless"

::88088::


A/N: I have grown as a writer and felt that this story deserved to be edited to show the best of my abilities. After all the edits are done, updates will become much more frequent that preciously. I'm more than willing to answer any question any of you may have also.