InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Against The Wind ❯ A Sign Of Trouble ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 4: A Sign of Trouble


While Koga was stuck in a desperate situation, and things couldn't look worse for the wolf prince, InuYasha, Miroku, Sango, Kagome, and Shippo, had also continued their own search for Naraku, or the Band of Seven. InuYasha was up in front of the traveling group, his hands tucked into his bright red Kimono sleeves as he walked down a rocky path next to the foggy Forest of InuYasha. Miroku was close behind, his staff rattling and jingling noisily each time he moved. Sango walked behind the houshi, already changed into her Demon Slayer's outfit. Her gigantic boomerang, Hiraikotsu, was strapped across her right shoulder; Kirara, in her small cat form, was snuggled in her arms. Kagome was on the right side of Sango, a bow in her hand, and a quiver of arrows strapped onto her back. Shippo sat on Kagome's right shoulder as he always did, his kitsune feet hanging limply from his seat on Kagome's shoulder. InuYasha had suddenly stopped dead in his tracks, and sniffed the scents that trailed on a breeze.

"What's wrong, InuYasha?" Kagome asked the hanyou curiously, when she noticed he had stopped walking down the path. Instinctivly, Miroku, Sango, and Kagome halted after him.

"I'm picking up a strong scent of blood...Wolf blood." InuYasha replied. His face suddenly had a look of iritation. "No doubt that mangy wolf has gotten himself into trouble..." InuYasha added harshly.

"You mean Koga's in trouble?" Miroku asked, looking at InuYasha with seriousness.

"Yeah. By the strong smell of his blood, I'd say that idiot is some where in the forest, in a fight to the death with someone. But who, I don't know yet." InuYasha replied.

"Should we help him?" Sango asked, but already was expecting the answer "no".

But before InuYasha could open his mouth to say his expected opinion, Kagome imeadietly interrupted him. "Of course we should help him! He's probably wounded some where. InuYasha," Kagome said, as she turned to the hanyou. "Which direction do you smell Koga?"

"Oh, no. There's no way I'm helping that sad excuse for a wolf demon." InuYasha said bitterly.

"But InuYasha! What if his injuries are so bad, that he could die from them?" Kagome asked, worriedly.

"What do I care? If he dies, it solves a lot of our problems. Just leave him, Kagome." InuYasha replied. The hanyou could care less of what happens to Koga; They've been rivals for as long as he could remember. Sure, sometimes they would help each other out once in a while, but InuYasha only helps Koga because he doesn't have a choice sometimes. But in the end, he usually does get a big sit. Koga only helps InuYasha so that he could prove that Kagome would be happier if she stayed with him. Although, when Koga almost killed InuYasha one time, it had made Kagome very upset and decided he would still kill InuYasha, but just not in front of her. Sango, Miroku, and Shippo could only stand by and watch the two bicker, while time was running out and Koga's life was in danger.

"Just leave him?! You can't just expect me to leave someone I know to die!" Kagome snapped, becoming angered.

InuYasha sighed. "Kagome--" He started, but was cut short by another interruption from her.

"InuYasha, you had better take me to him...Or else." Kagome warned him sternly.

"No." InuYasha answered simply. Kagome walked up to the hanyou, her face showing emense rage. InuYasha looked at Kagome, and took a step back catiously. The full moon in the sky had made Kagome's face illuminate, which made her look like she belonged in a horror movie.

"Kagome...What are you--" InuYasha began carefully.

"InuYasha...." Kagome started, and suddenly pointed an accusing finger at him. "SIT!" She yelled out.

InuYasha's rosary neckless glowed pink for a split second, and then instantly he was forced face first into the ground with a loud thud. Groans of pain could be heard from InuYasha, as he slowly staggered to his feet, his face turned slightly pink from the hard impact.

Shippo looked up at the hanyou, and sighed. "When will you ever learn, InuYasha?" He asked innocently.

InuYasha glared at Shippo, which made him fall silent, not wanting to get punched in the head. He then stared at Kagome with burning fury, and just when he was about to open his mouth to protest, a look in her eyes signaled that she would say it again, faster, and with more "sits".

"Okay, okay!" InuYasha grumbled quickly, and knealt down on one knee, his back facing Kagome. "C'mon..." He muttered miserably, as she climbed on his back. Sango and Miroku shook their heads with dissapointment, wondering why InuYasha and Kagome couldn't just easily agree on one thing. They sighed.

Kirara jumped from Sango's arms, and trasformed with a red blaze of fire, into a large saber toothed tiger. Sango hopped on Kirara's back, while Miroku jumped on too, and sat behind her. InuYasha and Kirara set off at a sprint through the heavily wooded forest, following the scent of Koga's blood. Kagome had readied an arrow in her bow, just in case she would have to act fast....