InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ All I have: Two Months ❯ The End ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hey guys! Here it is! The final chapter. I'll warn you now, I was drugged up on caffeine and benadryl(sp?) when I wrote this. The ending isn't very good. But it's better than nothing! I hope you guys like it!
 
3/1/06: I have gone back and edited the end a little bit. With the editing job I've done, I'll be making an epilogue for the story. I don't know when that will be out, but I promise it will be. Sorry, but the ending is still a little fuzzy. I like this one better than before though. I'll explain everything better in the Epilogue.
 
 
 
 
Chapter 12: The End
 
Sometimes I think
We could have gone on.
All of us. Trying. Forever.
 
But they didn't fill
The desert with pyramids.
They just built some. Some.
 
They're not still out there,
Building them now. Everyone,
Everywhere, gets up, and goes home.
 
Yet we must not
diabolize time. Right?
We must not curse the passage of time.
 
On the Strength of All Conviction and the Stamina of Loveby Jennifer Michael Hecht
 
 
“The half breed Inuyasha killed the Lady Ai,” a woman cloaked in brown squeaked. Four of the seven elders, all clothed in a different color, gasped as they looked at each other. They sat upon the finest cushions on a rise in the floor. One of the ladies who gasped, a pretty little thing dressed in green, subconsciously lifted a hand to her long forest green locks. Her bright green and yellow eyes surveyed the messenger.
 
“Is what you say true,” the booming voice of the man in the center broke the gasps and whispers all around the room. He sat upon a silken cushion garbed in three different shades of red armor. The little green girl sat to his right, and on the left another woman.
 
“Yes sire,” the woman squeaked again. Three maids seeing to the other spirits in the room fainted. The red elder waved everyone in the room away, leaving only the seven upon the cushions. The woman to his left, a woman with long dark curls cascading down her back, drew from her black robes a dagger. Hatred filled her eyes as she flung in to the wall.
 
“Erinyes! Calm yourself,” the red elder boomed again. The woman clothed in black nodded and walked across the great room to retrieve her dagger. Her eyes were blood in color and almost seemed to spill it if you should touch them.
 
“What shall we do?” a man clothed in the pale yellow robes of a Greek stood and walked to his sister. Erinyes smiled a deadly smile as he put his arm on her shoulder.
 
“He killed an elder!” a woman shrieked as she pointed to the eighth cushion, now empty. The man in red buried his head in his large hands and sighed.
 
“What shall you have me do Crono?” he boomed. The man in white stood motionless in thought for a minute. Finally he waved his hand, as if to say ask someone else for now.
 
“Akira, do not be rash, this man may have killed an elder but we cannot risk killing the only one able to defeat Naraku,” a man in a mostly white kimono spoke evenly and emotionless. His long silver hair was done up in a ponytail high on top of his head, and two tails flowed down from his back.
 
“Inutaisho, you would let him go free simply because he is your son!” the woman in green spat. Akira stood and walked to the bar with the sake. The murder of Lady Ai was obviously causing much disruption to his council.
 
“Father, I do not believe that Inuyasha would have murdered Ai. It is true he did despise love, but as he has found it again, he would not be as rash as to murder her,” a silky voice spoke suddenly. It was quiet, to only where he could hear, but it spoke the truth. Akira sighed and turned to the girl, so very beautiful and wearing the best robes of them all.
 
“Arya, what is it that you see?” he lifted a large hand to cup the woman's chin. She smiled and turned, her long golden robes swaying behind her. She walked out to the front of the bickering elders and raised her hand.
 
“SILENCE!” she yelled. All became quiet. Inutaisho looked at the girl and smiled. If anyone could save his son from certain death, it would be this woman here. The girl in the green robes smiled as she stared at the daughter of their leader.
 
“Arya, do not try and save the boy! He has murdered the greatest of all the elders! He has murdered love! This council shall never let him live!” Chaos screamed. He sat on the end garbed in dark purple and blue robes. Swords and weapons lay out on either side of him, blocking contact with the other elders, and tattoos covering every inch of his skin.
 
“This is a just and right council!” Arya announced in a booming voice like her fathers, the only difference being hers laced in silk. A cheer of approval came from the council, as Inutaisho's face fell. “Would we find a man who loved death and all things bloody guilty of picking flowers?”
 
“No!” a little girl, no older looking than five, swimming in large pink robes screamed. She was the final elder, well over three thousand years old, with the face of one only five.
 
“That's right! Does this mean that we would find a man in love guilty of murdering love?” she asked. A resounding no came from most members of the council before they thought. Erinyes glared at her.
 
“What are you trying to pull little Arya?” she spat. Her eyes became icy blue and then drifted into jealous green, settling and vengeful red.
 
“Nothing, but tell me which spirit is uncontrollable, even more so than you Erinyes,” she slyly said. Erinyes smirked. As did Inutaisho.
 
“Death.”
 
“And which spirit has been in Ai's company for the better half of this past moon?”
 
“Death.”
 
“Are you trying to say that Death murdered Ai?” Chaos asked. Arya smiled, and Crono laughed.
 
“Oh you are a smart one Arya!” he stood and put his arm around her. He stared on at the council, locking eyes with every one of them before turning back to the fair and just leader Akira.
 
“What shall you have me do Crono?” Akira asked cautiously one last time. Crono laughed and Arya joined in as well.
 
“Bring us the one that is rumored to have murdered Ai. Bring us this Inuyasha.”
 
~With Inuyasha and Kagome~
 
Kagome did not know of Ai's bloody death, and neither did Inuyasha. They were too wrapped up in each other to notice anything before the body faded. Death had not planned for the body to disappear like that.
 
“Kagome, are you okay now?” Inuyasha brushed away a stray strand of Kagome's hair. Kagome smiled. She turned over underneath Inuyasha's haori and put a hand on his bare chest.
 
“Yes, I'm much better now,” she giggled before scooting in and nibbling on his chin. The only thing covering them was Inuyasha's kimono. The white undercoat on the ground, the red outwear on the top.
 
“NOT YOU TWO TOO!” Shippo's frantic voice reached their ears, causing Kagome fly into Inuyasha's arms. Inuyasha glared daggers at the runt.
 
“What do you mean by `too' Shippo?” Inuyasha asked. Shippo's face became as red as a beat. He turned away and muttered something incomprehensible.
 
“I mean first Miroku and Sango jump on each other like a couple wild animals, then while I was on my way here, everyone else we saw were kissing and stuff too! It's everywhere!” he yelled.
 
“You mean everyone's doing this,” Inuyasha cocked an eyebrow as he helped Kagome dress. Kagome was far too embarrassed to think.
 
“Yeah, everyone is doing that! It's all over the place. Confessions of love, humans jumping each other's bones, demons chasing each other. I even ran into Ayame and Koga!” he screamed. Kagome laughed and thought, At least I don't have to worry about him anymore!
 
“Sounds like everyone everywhere fell in love. Could Ai have done that?” Inuyasha asked. Kagome's face fell as she looked at Inuyasha. How did he know?
 
“Not if she were alive, but if she were to oh say be murdered it could easily be done filthy half breed!” the woman cloaked in brown jumped from a tree and yelled it at the dumbstruck half demon. “Is this why you murdered her? So you could force the girl into mating with you!”
 
“He didn't force me into anything!” Kagome found her voice and yelled. The woman turned on her and glared with icy blue eyes peering from underneath the hood.
 
“You stay out of this!” she turned back to Inuyasha and grabbed him by his collar. “You are to come with me! The council of elders wishes to meet with you over Lady Ai's murder.” Kagome gasped.
 
“I'm coming too! I knew her, I want to go,” she ran up and stood between Inuyasha and this girl. The girl shrugged and jumped into a tree. They disappeared into the sky and reappeared in a room surrounded by seven people, each wearing a different color.
 
“Welcome to the Council of the Elders,” Akira boomed. Inutaisho looked at his son, then at the human girl that would soon become his daughter.
 
“Welcome my son,” he laughed. His nose could smell what had conspired between the two lovers only moments before. Inuyasha and Kagome gasped.
 
“Murderer!” Chaos yelled. Erinyes threw a dagger at Inuyasha's head, only to be caught by Crono's fast hand.
 
“Now Chaos, Erinyes, they are guests. As is Death,” he used the dagger to point to the shadows where Death had just arrived. He looked pretty beat up, black eyes and cuts covered him.
 
“Death, you looked like you got a little to close to Cerberus!” Erinyes laughed. Death shot her a nasty glare and walked over to the sake bar.
 
“No such thing, that damn Naraku just ambushed me,” he poured some sake out of the bottle and into the small cup. He sighed and turned back to the elders. “Got anything stronger than sake?”
 
“Jack Daniels, knock yourself out,” the little girl in pink waved her hand causing a bottle to fall from the sky. Inuyasha and Kagome stared on in wonder, and in Kagome's case pure hatred.
 
“How dare you show your face around here!” she yelled at Death. He cringed and looked at her.
 
“I see you broke the spell. Really, Naraku thought he was killing you when all he was doing was bringing you and the dog closer,” he cringed and downed half the bottle in one gulp. “Makes me feel all tingly inside when it goes down.”
 
“Explain yourself Death. Why has Ai died? What curse was set upon Lady Kagome?” Arya smiled. She knew not the answer to the first question, but for Kagome's sake she asked the last, although she already knew the answer to that.
 
“Ai's dead?” his eyes glazed over with an emotion Inuyasha connected with. He had just lost someone he greatly cared for, it was heartbreak. “I suppose Naraku did that.”
 
“Explain,” Akira boomed.
 
“Naraku tried to strike a bargain with me, but when I refused he ambushed me. He had his incarnation Kagura attack me repeatedly while Kanna tried to suck my soul into her mirror. I suppose he took on my form, and what little power he got from Kanna's mirror. He must have killed Ai using that,” he stopped and drank the last of the Jack Daniels in one gulp.
 
“As for Kagome, he put a spell on her to that affected her sleep. It would make her sleepy, and make her sleep last forever. We intervened, Ai and me, and had her doctor in the future, Mr. Tanoshii, tell her she had cancer. We set everything up, hoping like hell it would make it all right. I guess we miscalculated,” he sighed and drank the small cup of sake he poured earlier.
 
“I didn't have cancer?” Kagome asked hesitantly. The council all nodded. She nearly fainted.
 
“What would be Inuyasha's punishment now, seeing as how you are so determined to kill him for a crime he did not commit,” Arya laughed. Crono joined, followed by a few other's before the whole council was in tears.
 
“He should still be punished,” Inutaisho smirked. Inuyasha, who decided to remain silent amidst so many people, slowly backed up a little. Kagome stared on in wonder.
 
“What will be the crime Inutaisho?” Akira boomed once more, a smile returned to his bearded face. Inutaisho smirked dangerously and waved his hand.
 
“For bedding a human girl before marrying her,” he laughed. The council joined in.
 
“That's what you get when someone tries to kill me off!” the familiar sweet voice came in from behind the large white doors. Appearing behind Inuyasha and Kagome stood Ai, radiant as ever, a smile on her face and blood stains on her gown.
 
“I was wondering how long it would take you before you returned,” Death grabbed the bottle of sake and downed it all. Ai walked up to Kagome and patted the two love birds on the shoulders. She wiped a tear from her eyes and trotted over to where Death was downing alcohol after alcohol.
 
“Well, there just had to be enough love in the world again!” she grabbed the bottle and tossed it behind her. In an instant she launched herself on Death and gave him the most passionate kiss of his life, er afterlife.
 
“What the hell is going on?” Inuyasha finally snapped. Arya walked over to him and placed an arm around the two.
 
“Ever wonder why every so often there are a lot of babies born in the world really, really fast?” she asked. The two nodded. “That would be because she usually gets killed somehow and has to unleash all of her power to be brought back. The consequences to that are…”
 
“Inutaisho having a grandbaby!” the little girl in pink squealed.
 
“A wha-what!” Inuyasha screamed. Inutaisho waited a moment before erupting in laughter. Kagome's face turned ten shades darker than Inuyasha's kimono, as the rest of the council joined in.
 
“Perhaps it is best to get you home,” Arya, arms still draped around the two, pushed them to the back of the room. Behind them, a loud party was beginning as liquor after liquor fell from the sky. “For all the trouble this has caused you, I shall grant you one single wish.”
 
“Um, okay,” Kagome looked at Inuyasha and smiled. “You make a wish!”
 
“Uh…okay,” he stuttered. For a minute his face was in deep thought when he walked out of Arya's hold and turned to face the two. “I wish that this could all be done over. That way, Kagome could go through the well again and all the pain caused from this would be erased.”
 
“As you wish it,” Arya spoke before Kagome could utter a word. She waved her hands and sent the two flying out the doors. Inutaisho walked up behind her and put an arm on her shoulder.
 
“So none of this will have ever happened for them?” he asked, somewhat disappointed. Arya shook her head, a mischievous smirk lurking on her face.
 
“Hmm…last time I checked the rules, I am not allowed to kill anyone,” she turned. Inutaisho's hand gripped her shoulder slightly and turned her to face him.
 
“What do you mean by that?”
 
“I mean, your overeager son got her pregnant,” she smiled. Inutaisho was bewildered, but a hint of great satisfaction danced across his features. He was almost giddy about the idea. “I altered their wish, switched time around a little you may say.”
 
“Explain yourself Arya,” he demanded, happiness creeping into his voice. Arya smiled.
 
“Well, at the moment Kagome's at the doctor's office.”
 
888
 
“Miss Higurashi, congratulations you don't have cancer!” Doctor Tanoshii smiled. Mrs. H was so happy she hugged her daughter nearly to death. The doctor noticed this and spoke up. “I wouldn't hold on so tightly Mrs. Higurashi, you're daughter is going to have a baby!”
 
8dun dun dun dun8
 
“Hey Miroku, what's wrong with Sango?” Shippo innocently asked. Sango was leaning behind a bush puking; she'd been there all day.
 
“I don't know, she acts likes she's pre…” Miroku stopped. He remembered the events that went on the previous week. He had no idea why, but the sudden urge had hit them both. He gulped. She didn't seem to remember most of it. In fact, none of the group seemed to remember anything that had went on in the past week or so. If Sango remembered though, he would be a dead man before night fall.
 
“Like she's what Miroku?” Shippo asked again. Shaking, Miroku glanced back to where Sango was.
 
Inuyasha sitting by a tree not too far away, listened in intently on the conversation. He too remembered the previous week, and had hoped Kagome would forget. He had had a dream about his father the previous night too. Just as he was shutting his eyes, seemingly willing Kagome to forget everything that had conspired between the two, he heard a not so happy voice from behind.
 
“INUYASHA YOU JERK GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE RIGHT THIS INSTANT!” He froze. She had remembered. Nervously he stood up and began backing away from the voice when another not so pleasant one came from the bushes.
 
“MIROKU YOU PERVERTED MONK! YOU GOT ME PREGNANT DIDN'T YOU!” Sango screamed. Miroku, pale and shaking, fainted. Inuyasha ran as fast as he could before a barrage of sits plummeted him to the ground. Shippo shrugged and grabbed a hidden lollipop from his kimono.
 
In the bushes not to far from the group, two pairs of eyes, one pink and one blue, stared on at the two. Laughter bursting forth from the couple listening in on them.
 
“Oh crap, Ai?” Death asked looking down at his feet. Ai continued looking ahead, laughing her butt off at what SHE had been mainly responsible for causing.
 
“What sweetie,” she sang. Death poked her and pointed to his feet. She nearly gasped at her own.
 
“You poofed us in Sango's puke. Great Job Ai!”