InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Always Conflict ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I got bored and decided to write something new. No idea how long it will be, but it will hopefully it will be better than the last story I posted. I will tell you, since I hate not knowing who the pairs are, that it will be a Kag/Inu fic with some San/Mir and maybe some others added in later on if it should come up. This is only the first chapter so please bear with me since I know it will be slow and providing a little information. I guess that's all I have to say for now. Enojoy…or don't, your choice )
“…” talking
`…' thinking
XOXO new scene
Ch. 1
It was hot. Oh, so hot! Kagome thought she was going to pass out from the heat as she sat in the little shade that there was under one of the trees in the park. Her mother had made her go, insisting that her brother and his friends had needed a chaperone as they play. She had spent the better part of an hour arguing that they were old enough to go play in the fields alone. Obviously she had lost that argument. Truthfully, they were only the ages of 10, 11 (which is Souta's age), and 12 and it was dangerous out there. The demons and thieves and other dark things are always lurking around the area since it was on the outskirts of that castle land. The Higurashi family was not nobility, but the area where the kids always liked to run around were populated by nobility and they were favored to be attacked.
Kagome looked over to her left to see her brother, Souta, running around with his friends and playing soldiers or something of that sort. She just wanted to lay there and not do anything because of the heat and yet, somehow, they were running around like crazy and chasing after one another as if were a nice, cool day. She might have complained about it the unfairness of it if she had had the strength. Instead of exerting herself she just closed her eyes and lay where she was, listening to the sounds of the children. The sounds seemed to die down a little and slowly get closer and closer. After a few minutes the sound had been quite close but then it stopped for some reason. Confused about the sudden quietness, Kagome slowly opened her eyes and then…
“AHHHHH!”
Kagome was trying to catch her breath from her scare. The last thing she had expected when she opened her eyes her brothers face mere inches from hers.
Souta and all of his friends meanwhile burst out laughing from her reaction. In between laughs he explained, “We were just coming to tell you that we're ready to head home now.”
“Souta…” Kagome ground out through clenched teeth, “you better start running now.”
Souta took the none-to-subtle hint and started a retreat for home, along with the other kids.
Kagome smiled and decided just to lie there a few minutes longer. Souta and his friends knew not to mess with her. For one, she was bigger than them. Mostly though, it was because since she was little she had been learning some martial arts skills from her friend Sango who lived in a neighboring village.
Kagome, who's now 17, had met Sango 10 years ago when she was 7 and Sango was 8. It was in the very same area that she lay in now that the meeting had happened. Kagome had also loved to run and play on the outskirts of the castle walls as a child and was that day.
Sango had gone along with her father and other village members to a demon extermination. The demon that they had gone to exterminate was not one that was exceptionally dangerous, it was just a destructive and annoying one so Sango's father had decided it was a good time for her to see how things worked. The group was on the return trip from the termination of the demon when they crossed paths. The two children started talking as they got near and immediately struck a bond. From then on the children would meet there every so often to play and converse about everything. Sango would also show Kagome a new move or two that she had been taught every time they met. Now that they were older though, they just went to each others' village to get together most of the time.
Suddenly Kagome realized that she had been laying there and reminiscing for who knows how long and everyone else was gone and out of sight. She sighed and got up to make the trek home. “It's still so hot,” Kagome whined. Why couldn't her mom have just accompanied the brats on their little play day? “It's not like helping to purify some possessed guy is really that important.” Kagome mumbled to herself. She picked up the blanket she had been laying on and put one foot in front of the other.
Kagome was slowly making here way home in the heat knowing that her mother was going to lecture her about letting her brother and his friends walk home alone. She groaned at that thought. She walked a long a little longer thinking about this and that. When she came out of her little world of thoughts she realized where she was and smiled. Right through the bushes and tall grass too the right of her was a cool and inviting little lake. `Since I'm not with Souta and I'm late already, being later won't make too much difference,' she reasoned with herself.
Kagome suddenly had found a source of strength and took off in a sprint toward the lovely, lovely lake. Once there she stripped down to almost nothing and dove to the water. It was a secluded area and barely anyone came by this way since it was a shortcut through the forest that Kagome had discovered one day a few years ago when she was late, yet again, for her spiritual training with her grandfather. She was scared of the old man back then but now she knew better. She still respected him, but defiantly didn't fear him.
As she was falling into the water, she squealed with delight and anticipation before being submerged. She surfaced and had a smile so big you would think she was a child who had just had ice cream for the first time. She started to swim and splash around. After a while of that she decided to just float there and enjoy the serenity of the surroundings.
……….
Well that's the end of that. Good? Bad? Eh who cares it's just to cure boredom so good or bad it's there. The grammar might not be that great but I try my best and I do miss some things. Anyways, Thanks for reading!