InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Always Conflict ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“…” talking
`…' thinking
XOXO new scene or new point of view
 
Ch. 2
 
“I Swear I'm going to kill my parents next time I see them.” An angry half-demon said grumpily.
Next to him a man chuckled and said, “Calm down Inuyasha, it's not that bad.”
“It is too!” he shouted back. “I don't want to go on some diplomatic mission. The royal family will no doubt be all stuffy and haughty and annoying like my embittered brother. I mean my half brother.” He spit out the last words distastefully. They were just getting to a forest to pass through before they finally ended their journey and arrived at the castle.
“I'm sure they can't be that bad Inuyasha. You haven't even met any of them yet, you don't know that they're like that. They're throwing a banquet in your honor. The castle may be filled with beautiful women! Great women, lots of foods, what more could you want?” Miroku, Inuyasha's companion, argued.
“Well for one thing, I'm not obsessed with women like you are. And for another thing, they're all like that. Or haven't you met all of the ones that have visited our castle?”
Miroku let out a sigh. They had already had this discussion on their journey. He didn't care to have it again. No matter how many times they went over it he always seemed to lose this fight so he just let it drop.
As they entered the forest area Inuyasha stopped and seemed to listen for something. Miroku watched as his ears swivel back and forth as he concentrated on something. He was about to ask what was wrong when Inuyasha suddenly sped away deeper into the forest. Miroku sighed again and tried to follow where his friend had gone to.
XOXO
Kagome was thoroughly enjoying herself. She was no longer hot and sweaty from the heat and hadn't a care in the world at the moment. She had been floating around the waters surface for at least 20 minutes when she looked off to the side to admire her surroundings. There were beautiful bushes with tiny blue flowers and tall trees that shaded the entire area along with tall grasses that were different shades of green and a snake….
As she noticed that last item in the area her thoughts trailed off and a scream suddenly burst forth from her mouth. She came to an upright position and started to wade back to the opposite side of the lake. `A snake…of all the things it could have been a snake had to slither into here. Why couldn't it have been a squirrel or a cute little bunny?' were the nervous thoughts of Kagome. The one thing she couldn't stand were snakes, for some reason they were the only thing that scared her. Her brother had asked her once why she was so scared of snakes when she could deal with spiders and rats and other things girls were normally afraid of. She could only reply that “they're just so creepy; the way they slither and have scales and their tongues, and no legs and THEY'RE JUST CREEPY OK!” He just laughed at her and walked away as she fumed at him.
Kagome decided that now would be a good time to leave and go home. She had had enough swimming for the day. She slowly headed towards the banks and hoped that the snake did not come in to the water while she was still in it. Before she left the waters of the lake she realized something; her clothes that she had taken off earlier were over on the other side of the lake right where the snake was. She had no idea what to do, the snake wasn't some tiny snake you find in your garden, it was at least 3 feet long and extra creepy looking, there was no way she was going to go near it. She started looking around, trying to find some escape or something to help when she suddenly heard a rustle in the tree above her. She looked up and for the third time that day screamed; only this time it was much louder.
XOXO
Inuyasha had been standing next to his friend when he had heard it. It was faint, but he was sure he had heard someone scream like they were in danger. He raced off without a thought to find out what was going on. After a few minutes of traveling from tree to tree he finally sniffed out a human female nearby.
He jumped to a final tree branch and looked down to see a girl standing in the water with only her undergarments on. He studied her for a moment, she was beautiful with her dark raven hair going halfway down her back and clinging to her wet form which seemed almost perfect. She seemed to realize he was there for at that moment she looked up at him and he saw the most beautiful blue eyes right before a very loud scream came from her mouth. The scream had surprised him, hurting his ears and almost making him loose his balance.
“What the hell is your problem?” He shouted, annoyed that his sensitive ears were ringing.
“Who are you and what are you doing here! And STOP looking at me!” Kagome screamed back, equally infuriated at having some strange guy peeping at her. She sank back into the water to cover herself and turned towards the opposite bank to go get her clothes when she saw what had started the whole thing and screamed again.
“What are you screaming for now?” He growled quickly losing his patience and temper.
The girl shakily pointed off towards where some clothes were lying and he looked around for what would make her scream. “What is there a stain on your shirt or something?” was the confused question she got. She shook her head and pointed again and mumbled out the word snake.
Inuyasha looked over again and saw it. He grumbled some under his breath and jumped over to where the offending creature was, picked it up and threw the poor thing as far as he could to who knows where. After that was accomplished he picked up her clothes and jumped back over to the other side while holding them out for her to put back on.
Kagome, completely forgetting about modesty at the moment, jumped out of the lake and hugged him for coming to her rescue.
At that moment Miroku had finally reached the two, having followed the screaming and splashing of water. He looked at the pair and whined, “Aw, you always have all the luck!”
……….
That's it for chapter 2. the next chapter will be up eventually.