InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Always Conflict ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
“…” talking
`…' thinking
XOXO new scene or new point of view
 
 
“Aw, you always have all the luck!” Miroku whined as he saw Inuyasha standing there with a strange girl hugging him. She was beautiful and had next to nothing on and what she did have on was soaking wet not hiding much. `Now if only she'd stop hugging him and turn around this way….' His thoughts wandered as he looked at the scene.
 
When they heard Miroku's comment they both blushed and Kagome jumped behind Inuyasha to put her clothes on without being looked at.
 
`Damn, so much for seeing the front.' Miroku thought disappointedly. “So, Inuyasha…”
 
“Don't even think it monk. It's not what it looks like.” Inuyasha cut him off before he could finish what was sure to be a perverted thought.
 
“I'm sure it's not Inuyasha. I'm sure it's not” was the reply as a knowing smile came across Miroku's face. Kagome's face resembled a tomato when she realized what the man named Miroku must have been thinking and the way it looked.
 
Inuyasha started growling and was about to retort when Kagome spoke up.
 
“He's telling the truth. Nothing happened. I was just swimming here and he came to my rescue when I screamed and that's all.” She stated matter-of-factly.
 
“Oh? What were you in danger of, if you don't mind me asking?”
 
“There was a snake” was the simple reply he got along with a snort from Inuyasha.
 
“A snake? Was it poisonous?” Miroku asked a little confused as to what was so dangerous about a single snake.
 
“No, but it was a snake.” Kagome replied sheepishly.
 
Miroku thought about it for a minute then replied, “Well I guess a lot of people are afraid of snakes biting them and such when they are near them”
 
“Keh. If you call being across the lake `near' then yeah, good reason to be afraid.” Inuyasha scoffed while folding his arms across his chest.
 
“I don't like snakes okay!” she yelled, annoyed at Inuyasha's comment.
 
“Do you always have to yell? Calm down wench it's not like the snake could have done anything to you anyways.”
 
“Don't call me a wench you jerk! I have a name you know; it's Kagome, not wench!” She replied getting more annoyed by the minute
 
“Keh, whatever wench. I may be a jerk but at least I'm not afraid of a little snake.” The hanyou taunted as a smirk came to his face. For some reason he was actually having fun pushing her buttons. It was so amusing the way she reacted to his taunting. He was sorely disappointed though when she huffed and started walking away. `Where is she going? This is the first entertainment I've had this whole trip. Dimmit now I'm stuck with just the pervert again.'
 
“Aren't you going to say anything to her Inuyasha?” Miroku asked, amused by the whole situation and the expressions circulating on his friends face at the moment.
 
“Why should I? She's just some stupid girl, what does it matter if she gets upset or leaves?” His pride was too much in control to let him go apologize or admit that he wanted her to come back; especially to some girl he didn't even know. So he stuck to his stubbornness and turned to start his journey to the kingdom's castle once again.
 
XOXO
 
The palace was aglow with lantern light as the group set down to eat their meal. The group consisted of five people, (excluding the servants who would come and go) the King, his wife, their son Kouga, Inuyasha, and Miroku. Following the snake incident the rest of the day had been pretty uneventful for the two.
 
Miroku looked around the table as he thought back on the remainder of the day following the meeting with the strange girl.
 
Inuyasha had stomped off leaving Miroku to catch up once he had come out of his thoughts. The rest of the way to the palace had been a quiet one, neither really having anything to say. Miroku could have said some things but thought better of it seeing as how the hanyou beside him already seemed to be a little annoyed and he himself just wanted finish the trip.
 
After the short walk they arrived at the palace to be greeted by the King, Nodin, and Queen, Zehra and their son, who Inuyasha had obviously taken an instant disliking to. Miroku still didn't know why, sure he was a little cocky, but so was Inuyasha.
 
Once the introductions were over with they were excused to be shown their rooms and rest before dinner, and that left them where they were now….
 
The queen had been trying to start a conversation with Inuyasha for the past 15 minutes and was making little to no progress on that front. Inuyasha would reply with one or two word answers or just nod or shake his head as he saw fit. Kouga looked bored and annoyed, most likely from being forced to sit there and endure the dinner with the two guests who he seemed to have no interests in fraternizing with or intention of doing so. Inuyasha was spacing out, as usual, not really paying attention to anything being said to him and when he was he still didn't really give it that much thought. The king didn't seem to pay any of them mind as he just sat there and at with a neutral expression on his face and a full plate of food waiting to be eaten.
 
Miroku had been observing all of them while he ate. He had a habit of doing so. He would watch people and try to figure them out as best he could seeing as how he had nothing better to do at the moment. Inuyasha he already knew and could read, for the most part. Kouga was easy to read, along with his mother, who didn't hide much. The king however was a different story. He didn't really let anything show, just concentrated on the task at hand, eating, and that was that.
 
Another 10 minutes had passed and dinner was practically over. `Thank the gods this is almost over. I don't think I can go any longer without seeing a woman. Even the servants going through here have all been men, with the exception of a few women who were well past their prime and I am defiantly not that desperate' were the complicated thoughts going through Miroku's one track mind. He was going to further his thoughts on the female body when he suddenly noticed that the king was about to speak.
 
“Zehra, you will have to occupy yourself tomorrow, me and Inuyasha will begin work tomorrow, if that is suitable with him?” The king looked from his wife to the foreign prince. Inuyasha nodded but inside Miroku could tell that he was not happy about the thought of starting the whole process tomorrow, or ever.
 
“Well that's settled then. Kouga has his trainings to attend to most of the day and Miroku, you may join us if you wish.” The king spoke trying to make sure everything was settled for the next day.
 
“Thank you, my lord, but if you don't mind, I would like to explore the palace ground if that is ok with you?”
 
“Oh that's a wonderful idea!” Zehra piped up, “I could show you around since I have nothing to do with my time tomorrow. What do you think Nodin?”
 
“That would be fine. So then it's all settled.” The king said as he was getting up. “Now if you'll all excuse me, I think I'll be retiring for the night. Coming?” He asked while looking at his wife. Zehra just nodded with a smile as she got up and excused herself. Kouga also got up and left without a word leaving the two by themselves.
 
“This isn't fair, why do I have to get stuck doing the work while you get to explore the castle and relax?” Inuyasha whined as he scowled at Miroku as the two stood to leave.
 
“It's simple, my friend, I am a simple servant of Buddha while you are a prince of the Western Lands.” Inuyasha just continued to pout as they walked off towards their guest quarters.
 
“Sesshoumaru is the heir to the throne, I don't see why it isn't him here doing this crap. I'm just the `hanyou scum' so I shouldn't have to do this work for him.”
 
“You know he and your father are busy with other matters at the moment. If he didn't have other matters to attend to at the moment your brother probably would have come himself. We all know how explosive your temper is, he wouldn't have risked you destroying an allies castle if he hadn't had a choice.” Miroku replied with a smirk; which earned him a fist to the head.
 
“And he's a half-brother. HALF.” Inuyasha enforced as he entered his sleeping quarters, slamming the door behind him.
 
`I must admit, it is amusing to annoy him sometimes.' Miroku just chuckled as he too entered his room. `Hopefully tomorrow I'll get to have better company than two men and a woman who is most defiantly not available.' With that thought Miroku decided to answer the calling of the sandman and get some much needed rest.
 
XOXO
 
That's it for this chapter, hopefully it will start getting more interesting soon, but I make no promises with the way my mind works. Bye bye.