InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ An Encounter With Fate ❯ The Ginhaya's ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: chapter 2…have fun!!

Disclaimer: if you don't own Inuyasha, I don't.

An Encounter With Fate

Chapter 2 - The Ginhaya's

Last Time:

Walking past the rooms of sleeping people, down the stairs, through the kitchen. There stood a girl, a young woman, bags and keys with her. Looking back a bit nostalgically, she left what was once her home behind forever.

=*=

Kagome threw everything into her car as she departed for school. It was a nice Honda Civic Coupe, with a CD player and a six CD changer. She had a sound system that rivaled the price of the car, a JDM body, kit, and white seventeen-inch rims. All her seats were suede, and the driver and passenger sides had bucket seats. She had a customized dashboard, and she had Toyo tires. A supercharger and white neons were among the rest of the things she had in her car that she could actually name. A guy she had tutored worked at an auto shop that customized cars and repaired street racing cars. They customized her car for free, since what they did almost doubled what her car was actually worth, in exchange for keeping his grades up. Which was no easy task at Tokyo Central. (A/N: thanks to my bros, Angelo and Josh, for the car stuff. ^_^)

She was going to regret leaving it somewhere. She considered not leaving it for a while, but a car like this was very conspicuous in the area she was going to. So maybe she could get a car like this one when she had enough money to buy one as Kiyoshi Takara.

Kagome drove down the virtually empty highway as the skyscrapers of Tokyo grew larger and larger on the horizon.

=*=

"Come down here!" a voice yelled.

"Fuck off, Miroku!" Inuyasha responded.

Miroku seemed unfazed by the rude order of the hanyou. "Your father and mother are arriving home soon. You should be there to greet them," adding as an afterthought, "Taking a bath before so."

"Keh!" was Inuyasha's response.

"Don't make me get Sango out here," Miroku threatened. It was a threat not to be taken lightly. Sango was one of the maids in the Ginhaya household. She was also a demon exterminator, although the Ginhaya household was a demonic one. She was hired especially to keep the youngest child of the Lord in line. And she was quite good at it.

"Geez, do ya hafta get Sango out here every time?" he said while jumping down effortlessly from his ten foot high perch in the tree. "Can't you do anything?"

"I would've thought that that was obvious," Miroku said. "Against you anyway, Inuyasha." He and Sango were the only ones other than his family that were brave, or stupid, enough to call him by his first name. Inuyasha really didn't mind, since he really didn't like people calling him by his `title' all the time. It was really annoying when everyone always called you `my lord', or `sir' or something like that. No one called him by his first name outside his family and Sango and Miroku. It was mostly because his father ordered everyone in the household to call him that, and most feared the wrath of Lord Inutaisho. But Sango and Miroku knew that he really wouldn't do anything unless Inuyasha had a problem with it.

Neither said anything as the walked toward the house. The house was actually more like a mansion, or a palace. Most people called it a castle. It was a typical Shogun's castle. Green roof tiles graced the tops of the buildings, flaring up at the ends; some with ornaments adorned the ends of some of the rooftops. High white walls with red torch posts and a few with golden plated gates surrounded the castle grounds.

The gardens they passed through were something of a legend in the land. It was filled with some of the most rare and exotic plants. Cherry trees lined the walkways and paths of the gardens. There were several ponds, a few filled with coy, streams and mini waterfalls. Birds sang as they flew from tree to tree.

But neither Inuyasha nor Miroku noticed any of these things. It wasn't that they didn't think that the gardens were beautiful, it was mostly just that they were in a rush. The other portion of the reason was that they've walked through the gardens millions of times, both spending the majority of their lives in the castle.

As they walked past the final waterfall, reached the end of the cherry trees, they entered the house through the backdoor. They didn't want to go through the doors that led to the ballroom, nor did they want to go through the ornate gold gates that served as the main entryway into the garden.

Walking through the door, the moved past the swarms of people, hustling and bustling around like little bees to finish the preparations for the return of the Lord Inutaisho and Lady Rumiko. Inuyasha and Miroku went practically unnoticed in the kitchens; no one really paid any attention to them. It wasn't a strange sight to see them in the kitchens, nor was it strange that they stole food when they got the chance.

As they exited the kitchens, made their way through the endless maze of hallways, Miroku left Inuyasha to his bath as he left for his. Soon, both were clean and changed. Inuyasha was now dressed in his formal haori; the one he usually wore was dirty. Miroku had done the same and was now in his formal monk wear, not the usually everyday one he wore. Not too long after, Inuyasha's parents arrived at the front gates. They stepped out and greeted the welcoming party.

"Hello mother," Inuyasha said, giving his mother a hug. "Hello father," giving his a handshake instead.

"Good morning, Lady Rumiko, Lord Inutaisho." Miroku said, bowing to both.

"Father, Step-mother," Sesshomaru, who had been waiting with the two, said.

"Hello everyone!" Lady Rumiko said cheerfully.

"Have fun while we were away?" Lord Inutiasho said. The three nodded mechanically. "Good! Is there food? I'm starved!" and with that, the group went inside for lunch.

A/N: okay! Chapter 2!! To be honest, I have writer's block right now. I know what I want to happen, it's just that I don't know how to get to that point. So please bear with me. ^_^; So! With that out of the way, I have some things you should know.

I don't know the name of Inuyasha's dad, or mom. I think that I got his father's name right, but his mother's name I made up.

I am not sure of the Japanese nobility system, so I don't know what their titles would be. Their probably gonna end up with titles that aren't Japanese, so if anyone knows the nobility system, please contact me or whatever and tell me!!!

I think Inuyasha's dad will be a Shogun.

REVIEW!!!! If I don't get at least five more, I might decide not to update.