InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ An Encounter With Fate ❯ Escape ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Chapter 3!!!! Ok, my writer's block is still here. ~_~ but never fear! I feel it coming to an end!!!! ^_^ oh yes, and to Kagome_Luvz_Inuyasha, you'll find out what time Inuyasha lives in, and why this story is AU, in this chapter. And also that you haven't updated yet. You still have yet to update, and it's your turn.

Disclaimer: still don't own Inuyasha. Don't worry, I'm working on my master plan to get the rights to him. Of course, I can't tell you, it's a secret ^_^

An Encounter With Fate

Chapter 3 - Escape

Last Time:

"Hello mother," Inuyasha said, giving his mother a hug. "Hello father," giving his a handshake instead.

"Good morning, Lady Rumiko, Lord Inutaisho." Miroku said, bowing to both.

"Father, Step-mother," Sesshomaru, who had been waiting with the two, said.

"Hello everyone!" Lady Rumiko said cheerfully.

"Have fun while we were away?" Lord Inutiasho said. The three nodded mechanically. "Good! Is there food? I'm starved!" and with that, the group went inside for lunch.

=*=

Kagome emptied parked her car in her usual spot as she went inside for school. Today wasn't really a school day; it was for clubs to keep everything before the next school year, and for students to clean out their lockers. It was also for the graduating class to say their last good-byes.

She went through the school that she had been to for four years to her locker. It was nothing special, it was full of schedules, reminders and post-it notes. There were a few pictures, nothing really special. She found a few books in her locker that she thought she'd lost, the majority of her CD collection, her school jacket. When she finished, she helped clean up a few of the clubrooms. She belonged to the kyudo club, MENSA Jr., the young investors club, the young people's United Nations, The Honors Society and so on. She also had to take her picture with her diploma and sign her name for the trophy cabinet. All graduating Valedictorians had to.

It was about noon when she finished. Almost all the students left at that time. Most were going in groups to movies, parks, places to eat etc. Kagome said her final good byes to her fellow classmates, including a few she might have called friends, before departing.

She stood still next to her car. With the door open, she was about to duck in and enter the car. But she paused and looked at the school before doing so. Again she felt the tug of nostalgia deep in her chest before she moved on and got into the car and left.

=*=

Kagome sped down the highway at an incredible speed. Her windows were rolled down, and taking full advantage of her sound system and six CD changer, she blasted the music of Greenday (A/N: they rock my socks ^_^) and sang along as she drove. No one ever used this section of the highway. Nevertheless, they kept it here for diplomatic and political reasons.

No one ever used this section of the highway because no one ever went to the part of the country she was going to. It wasn't exactly at the top of everyone's to-do-list to go to Sengoku Jidai. No one even really knew about Sengoku Jidai, most people thought of that part of the country as a completely different island than Japan.

The reason why was a bit complicated. In the late eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, Japan was going through a revolution. The government didn't want any foreign influence on their country, and tried to keep them out. Try as they might, they couldn't do that without starting a rebellion in their own country. So a rebellion began.

At the time, the lands were ruled by four powerful demons. Although most people would like to think a human government ran the country, it was the demon Lords who were the real power holders. The country was divided into four parts. The North, East, South, and Western lands. One demon overlord ruled over one section of the country, and the four ran the country together.

As you can guess, the demons weren't exactly on the friendliest terms. Especially at the time of the rebellion. Most of the time, they got along pretty well, but the rebellion caused the four demons to be spilt in two. The Northern and Eastern lands wanted to revolutionize and develop, while the Southern and Eastern lands wanted to stay traditionalist. The government that presided in those lands went along with the idea. After much strife, and bloodshed on the part of the humans, it was decided that they would not remain one country. The Southern and Western domains split off and became Sengoku Jidai, with the demon lords officiating over their domains, and running their own individual country. The Northern and Eastern lands remained Japan and have become the country they know today.

They thought that Sengoku Jidai wouldn't last. But they were wrong because unlike their forebears, Sengoku Jidai didn't resist foreign influence. They allowed people to come to Sengoku Jidai and everything, they just put strict laws on the people.

Most people didn't like Sengoku Jidai, they found crude and primitive. But to a select few, it was an escape from the world. The air there was cleaner, they didn't use gasoline like the rest of the world. The people of Sengoku Jidai weren't allowed the modern conveniences that the foreigners had. Although there were a few exceptions, such as pasteurizing, immunizations and some other conveniences that would help increase the longevity of the people.

Though it was a shame that most countries didn't know Sengoku Jidai wasn't part of Japan. Especially since Hiroshima and Nagasaki were in Sengoku Jidai, a few modern conveniences such as telephones and the press would've helped so that they weren't bombed.

This was exactly why Kagome wanted to go there. In Sengoku Jidai, there were no advanced tracking systems. No Amber Alerts and what not. No advanced communication where you could talk to someone three miles away as if they were next to you. Just plain and simple.

After a lunch break, and five more CDs, (around 3 o'clock) the highway became more uneven and less paved. There were more potholes, ruts, rocks and bumps. Soon there was a dirty sign. The bright fluorescent green with white lettering was hard to read. She could just make out the words, "You Are Now Leaving Japan" and under it read, "Come Back Soon". As she continued down the road, which continued to become even less paved and more rocky, she saw a sign which read, "You Are Now Entering Sengoku Jidai" and under those words were, "Welcome to Sengoku Jidai. Enjoy your stay!" Kagome was now glad for those classes she took in archaic Japanese.

When she saw this sign, she decided to drive back up the road. When the road was paved once more, she stopped the car. She got out and retrieved her things. When she had all her things, she deposited them on the side of the road and got back into the car. She directed the car in the direction of the side of the road. She planned to run the car into the ditch, but she didn't want to be in the car, so she got out. Saying to the air, or to the car, whichever you prefer, she said, "Sorry I gotta do this."

And with that she placed a heavy rock she found at the side of the road onto the acceleration pedal. The car quickly gained speed, and crashed down into the side of the road. The road was on the top of an incline, so the car began to roll down the hill, and met the forest. It crashed into a large tree and landed on the driver's side. Kagome didn't want to see her beautiful car get trashed, so she closed her eyes and waited on the side of the road. When she surveyed the damage after she heard a sickening crash of metal against wood, it was not a pretty sight. There were a few scraps of metal were the car met the rocky hillside, the rear tire on the side where the car landed was missing and there was a small fire burning near the car. Right now, she was really glad that she wasn't in the car.

*^*

A/N: just wanna let you know, =*= is my new scene break. I was too lazy to do the ***************************************************** thing so I just changed it to something nice and simple. And ^*^ is the symbol that means end of chapter. Also, I know I sort left it hanging, but I don't want this chapter to be too long. So I'm breaking off part of chapter three and making it chapter 4, which I am currently writing and should be up soon. While waiting, why don't you go review? It might make my muses work faster. ^_^

Oh, and also for those who have read A New Adventure by Superiorpaperclip, I just want to let you know, I'm her friend (Angelica) in the A/N's. I want to apologize for her irrational behavior ^_~ lol. Winky. And if you haven't, you should read her stories, It All Ends for Reasons and its sequel A New Adventure, they're awesome!!!! ^_^