InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ An Unexpected Christmas ❯ The Setting of the Stage ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

An Unexpected Christmas

By animegrl13(Mi-mi may join later)

Disclaimer: We unfortunately don't own the Inuyasha gang or anyone for that matter. Except for some certain characters that will show up in our other story. They're just not there yet.

To answer Sango#1's question, yes we will be writing more fanfics.

We also thank everyone for reviewing!!!!!!

**********************************************

Kagome felt someone shake her shoulder and call her name in a low voice trying to wake her up. Kagome was still in the black world of sleep and could barely make out any light at all as she pried her eyelids open. For some strange reason, she felt completely out of energy. She slowly sat up groggily and rubbed the sleep from her eyes. "Wha?" was all Kagome could get out before a hand firmly clamped down onto her mouth so she couldn't make any sound at all. Well that got her awake and alert.

"Ssshhh!!" begged Sango as she slowly withdrew her hand from Kagome's mouth. Sango sat back on her heels as Miroku slowly crawled over to the girls. "Please Kagome, don't make any loud noises." Sango quietly pleaded to the miko.

"I suggest that we sit against the wall so we can rest and get some of our energy back. Then we can talk about our plan of action." Miroku whispered wisely.

"Good idea, Houshi-sama." Sango replied as she tried to stand but didn't have the energy. They all felt like soggy Instant Ramens. She flopped back down to the ground as her legs supported her like two pieces of noodles holding up a meatball. "Well that didn't work, okay then, lets crawl." The trio began to crawl over to the cave wall about fifteen feet away helping Kagome lug her abnormally large yellow backpack too. Sango filled in on their location to Kagome as they crawled with Miroku in the back. "We don't know exactly where we are but we do know we are somewhere in a cave, somewhere where it is snowing outside, probably somewhere high, and if Miroku doesn't get his hand off my butt, then he is going to be somewhere unconscious." Sango finished with a glare to Miroku who couldn't seem to keep his hands in an appropriate place.

"But Lady Sango, your behind was just begging my attention. After all, I am not one to leave a female in distress." Miroku stated loudly enough so they could hear.

"Only if it's a curvy female and a chance to ask if she would bear your child." Sango muttered angrily under her breath.

"Question, how did we get here?" Kagome asked tiredly as they made it to the cave wall and leaned against it.

"Well what do you remember last?" asked Sango as she stopped glaring at Miroku long enough to look at her.

Kagome thought back to what she last remembered.

*********************(Flashback)*****************************

They had been walking along with Inuyasha telling them to hurry up because they had more shards to find when he had suddenly stopped and sniffed the air. He immediately got out Tetsusaiga and crouched into a defensive position. "Kagura." was all he had to mutter to get the others to take out their weapons. Miroku, Sango, and the transformed Kirara quickly got into a formation around Kagome as the said girl got out her bow and arrows while Shippo jumped onto Kagome's shoulder.

Kagura arrived on her feather and smiled at the group. "Aw, how sweet," the wind demoness said as she pinned her gaze on Kagome.

Inuyasha quickly glanced over at Kagome before glaring at Kagura and shouting "She's not who you should be concerned with Kagura! I am!" and with that lunged at the smirking woman.

Kagura however had a trick up her sleeve, literally. From her left kimono sleeve, she withdrew something that looked similar to one of Naraku's wasp nests. She grabbed it, and with her right hand, flung it at the group.

Miroku's cursed hand clenched as he was reminded that if he unleashed his Kazanna, then he would die of Naraku's poison insects. However, the container did not have poisonous insects but sleeping gas. Blue fumes sprang out of the nest and spread over the group.

Inuyasha, seeing his companions succumbing to the effects of the gas, leaped into the cloud. Seeing the fact that Inuyasha could be quite idiotic, mixed with Kagome being in trouble, caused the half-demon to forget to take a breath before he ran in. Completely forgetting the saying "look before you leap".

Before two minutes were up, the entire group had gone into a state of unconsciousness leaving Kagura to do with them as she was ordered. But not before thinking `this is going to be fun.'

*****************(End Flashback)***********************

"Kagura attacked us, and she threw something at us, and we were knocked out." Kagome said thinking back to the incident.

"Well apparently, this is Naraku's form of a sick sense of humor since look around and tell me what you see." Sango ordered quietly.

Kagome obeyed and the first thing she noticed was that Shippo and Kirara were no where to be seen. "Where's Shippo and Kirara?! And where's Inuyasha?!" Kagome said frantically looking around.

"We put Shippo and Kirara in your backpack, and Inuyasha is to your left behind Miroku, now what else do you notice?" Sango asked as Kagome slowly crawled over to Inuyasha and with Sango and Miroku's help, propped him up against the wall. Sango had, while Kagome was getting Inuyasha comfortable, taken Shippo and the untransformed Kirara out and had laid them carefully out on the cave floor.

Kagome once again looked around which was hard since there wasn't much light to begin with, and could make out some unconscious bodies that took her some time to identify. But when she did, she couldn't help but loudly gasp in horror.

There on the cave floor, in the same room, Kagome could make out the bodies of Kikyo, Sesshomaru, a little girl, and Kouga.

And they were all starting to wake up.

************************************************

WHOA!!! RED ALERT!!!!!!! BEEPBEEPBEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kagome, Inuyasha, Sango, Miroku, Shippo, Kirara, Kikyo, Sesshoumaru, Rin, and Kouga are all trapped in a cave. This is going to be interesting....... By the way people, unlike my other fanfic, this one isn't going to be as.......weird.

This is also going to be a Kouga/Kagome fanfic.

Read and Review!!!!!