InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ An Unrevealed Secret, A Hidden Past ❯ Goodnight ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

An Unrevealed Secret, A Hidden Past

Chapter Eighteen:

Goodnight

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha. I can only dare to dream.

Warnings: Short chapter, easy defeat, violence, cursing, blah, blah, blah. I hope you are used to it by now.

~*~

A body dropped to the ground. Everyone stared in horror.

"NO!" Kagome cried, dropping to her knees to cradle his head in her arms. "You heartless bastard. Inuyasha…" Naraku shrugged indifferently.

"He was the one who chose to step in front of the bullet. It wasn't my fault." Kagome swept her hand over his wound, and winced. It had missed his heart by five inches. She nibbled her lip, trying to control the tears that threatened to fall.

"I HATE YOU!" she screeched, running her hands through silky white hair, a few hot, salty orbs splashing on it. Inuyasha let out a soft groan of pain, turning in her lap.

"I could just finish you off. End your misery. Battle me now. Defeat me, and of course, I will be dead, so I can never bother you again. Lose to me, and I'll make sure your death is painful and slow," he dragged out his last words agonizingly slow, flaming red eyes filled with cruel mirth.

"NO! I have to help Inuyasha," Kagome hollered, her temper flaring, that dangerous, murderous look coming over her eyes. Naraku's gaze flickered to his weapon once more, a small irritating smirk settling over his lips.

"Have you not heard me?" he asked, shaking his head. "I will kill you. Kill you. Do you understand?" Kagome growled at him, stroking a soft, furry triangle in a weak attempt to comfort him. How long with he hold out until?...No, I can't think like that! I have to be optimistic for him at least.

"I won't let you," she said.

"Then fight," Naraku said in his steely voice. His thin eyebrows twitched with slight annoyance.

"I can't leave him!" He shot a bullet a few feet from Inuyasha's head, making her jump.

"If you don't battle, you will be putting everyone else's lives on the line," Naraku said. Kagome bit her lip and gritted her teeth, brain working in overdrive. If she didn't fight, she could help Inuyasha, but Naraku would probably finish them off right there. If she fought, Inuyasha's condition would worsen, she could lose to Naraku, or win and save everyone.

Just then, a white wolf emerged from the bushes, whimpering, as it nudged Kouga's hand.

"It's Ayame," they heard him mumble. "Take care, Kagome." Then he sprinted off. Naraku shot another bullet.

"I am losing my patience," he muttered, narrowing his eyes into hideous slits. Kagome used a free hand to scrub away more tears, then handed Inuyasha gently to Sango.

"Take him and go far away."

"Yes Kagome, but…this is Naraku will you be alright?" she asked. Kagome licked her cracked lips, and nodded.

"I will. I have to kill him before he hurts anyone else." She swept aside a lose lock of white hair, managed a small smile, and walked up to Naraku as everyone scuttled away. Kagome scrounged her gun from her pocket, and pulled a small dagger from her pack. "You're going to pay for everything you've done!"

"Oh, it that right?" Naraku asked, smirking. I only have five bullets, I have to use them wisely. I wonder if this knife will work…Kagome aimed, then mustered up her remaining strength to hurl her dirk at him. He dodged, and she heard the crack of splintering wood as it lodged in a tree. Shoot, that sucked…

"Kagome with all this talk, I assumed you were better. Your great grandmother could throw that with more accuracy." She clenched her fist and growled at him, feeling the blood thunder through her veins. All signs were going: WARNING! WARNING! TANTRUM APPROACHING! That was just bad luck. I can dodge bullets, so maybe I can…

With a wild cry Kagome lunged, using the hard muscles in her legs that she had accumulated over her years of training to sprint towards him. Naraku let off a few more shiny bullets, but she dropped to the ground and rolled over to the tree, and tore her knife from it.

"Soon this will be stained with your blood," Kagome growled, narrowing her eyes to chocolate brown slits. Naraku's stare was now fixated on the dagger and a small sound issued from his throat, sounding like a mix between a roar of rage and a squeak of terror.

"You only talk big," he grunted, shaking his head, making glistening black tresses fly. "You think that miniscule gun, and a knife can defeat the almighty Naraku?"

"Almighty? You sure have a high opinion of yourself. But I bet it would sound more threatening if this knife had slit your throat, huh?" Kagome asked softly. Time is ticking. I have to make this clear and concise. Cut his throat and shoot his body up with my remaining bullets. Can I really do this? Do I really want to kill my father? Hell ya! As the plan was going through her head, Naraku fired, making a bullet dig into the flesh of her arm. She let out a loud cry of pain, and dropped to her knees, clutching her wound that was bleeding furiously. A few tears wet her cheeks. "You coward! You hit me when I wasn't paying attention!"

"In war, you should always be paying attention." He shot my good arm. Dammit, being my father, he had to know I can't hit crap with my left arm, and I have to get him down now because I'm injured. If I could only lodge my knife somewhere important, and shoot him the best I can, then maybe I can win! But it's going to be fast!

"Too bad Dad," she murmured.

"Huh?"

"Please hit!" With those determined words, Kagome let her knife fly. It sliced through the air, but it wasn't thrown with enough force, so it dropped slightly from her destination. "No!" There was a sickening sound of blade on flesh as it landed square in his chest. Her knife was now drenched in the dark red blood of her father, as he fell to his knees, the weapon still protruding from his chest.

"You…" he sputtered, but was unable to continue as he coughed up blood. A few beads dribbled down his chin and soaked into his shirt to mix in with the sweat collecting there. His breath came out in ragged gasps, and his eyes were glazed with pain. "I'm…not….d-dead yet…so…"

"See ya Dad! Really nice knowing ya!" With her uninjured arm she rose her gun and with a few clicks of the trigger and expert accuracy, her bullets flew towards him. BAM! BAM! BAM! There was a loud thump and Naraku fell to the ground. His gun rolled from his open palm as more blood spilt from the holes in his body. His eyes were wide and gaping. He was dead. Kagome did a quick prayer and rushed to find Sango and the others.

She clutched the wound in her arm and ran lopsidedly towards Kaede's hut, hoping that they would be there. The pain was becoming unbearable and it was quickly becoming impossible to see or breathe. She threw aside the curtain, looking in wildly, as she collapsed onto the ground. Her head hit the wooden floor harshly with a loud crack and she welcomed the darkness that came next.

I know. I know short chapter. But I'm really irritated right now with my younger sister. She is always copying me! She said when she gets older she wants to write fanfiction just like me. I know you're thinking that I should be thrilled, but I'm upset. That's MY talent. She likes to draw. Why does she have to copy? That's the only thing that gets me noticed and it's special. If she copies then everyone will ignore me again. My mom says for me to stop being immature but I'M NOT! Why can't she just be Jayda while I be Jazmin? Writing is what I am and I don't wanna share! Who cares if it's selfish. I wanna become a famous author when I grow up, and I don't want Jayda to copy and be one, too. It's so frustrating. So I'm just going to shut up because no one probably cares. Aloha. *grumble* *grumble*