InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ An Unrevealed Secret, A Hidden Past ❯ Recovering ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

An Unrevealed Secret, A Hidden Past

Chapter Nineteen:

Recovering

A.N.: X.X Nothing to say, as usual

Disclaimer: Me no own and you no sue.

Warnings: The shortest, most retarded chapter ever.

~*~

She woke to find light pooling before her eyes. Her head pounded furiously; she could hear the blood rushing quickly through her veins. Four blurry figures stood over her, muttering words that she could not decipher. Kagome groaned, pressing a warm, sweaty hand to her moist forehead. Her eyelids fluttered.

"I think she's coming around," came Shippo's voice laced with concern.

Kagome tried to focus on the heads that were swimming before her eyes, but her head gave another jolt of pain. She moaned, trying to shift her weight, but felt a fresh bout of pain shot up her arm. What happened? Kagome peered through heavily veiled eyes to see her right arm bandaged, splattered with blood. Beside it was a little, silver bullet drenched in her own blood laying in a wooden bowl. Then it hit her. Dad…I killed him… She expected to be filled with waves of grief or regret, but all she felt was anger. He had injured Inuyasha…By the way, where was he? Kagome suddenly shot up, and opened her eyes, ignoring her body's weak protests. She felt Sango's gentle, comforting hands push her back.

"But…Inuyasha," she choked, feeling beads of sweat collect at her temples.

"Over there," Sango said, pointing. Inuyasha lay, huddled under a bunch of sheets. His bullet had been removed as well and he was wrapped in thick bandages. Every few moments he let out a whimper of pain.

"You are just suffering from blood loss," came Kaede's voice. Kagome turned to see her sitting, looking at them placidly. "You should be alright."

"Thanks for all of your help, Kaede, Sango, Miroku, Shippo. But you have to let me up! I have to see Inuyasha!" She felt small, trembling hands press a damp cloth on her forehead.

"He'll badly injured, but he's a hanyou Kagome, he'll be alright," Shippo said in a shaky voice. Everyone nodded in unison.

"Kagome?..." came Inuyasha's weak voice. He shifted towards the group. His eyes will still closed, and one ear was twitching slightly. "Sorry. It's m-my…fault…please forgive…" But he didn't continue. Kagome's eyes watered and she shoved everyone aside and crawled over to lay by his side.

"Inuyasha…kawaii?" she mumbled, stroking an ear, fingers sifting through his long, silky hair. He purred, chest vibrating softly. Kagome smiled, wiping a tear from her eye and lifted the covers to snuggle up next to his side. A protective arm encircled her waist, pulling her closer, so they were nose to nose. She blushed. I know we've kissed before but…His hot breath made her lips tingle, making Kagome hard-pressed not to kiss him. She reached down, to feel his wound, but was even more embarrassed when instead she stroked smooth skin, lean with muscles. The gash was forgotten. He mumbled and she felt his free hand grab hers and squeeze it. Aww…Inuyasha…He purred and nuzzled her cheek. He would never do that if he was awake, would he? I mean…I know he kissed me, but that doesn't mean he loves me, does it?

Suddenly, his eyes opened. He automatically blushed at their proximity. Amber eyes locked on sable ones. He felt the heat radiating from her body and sensed other people were watching them, so why not put on a show? Inuyasha leaned over and licked and nuzzled her cheek. Kagome's breath hitched in her throat, as his eyes slowly drooped and he fell asleep against her.

"Ah...true love," Miroku murmured, then took Sango's hands in his. "Would you like to go outside, Lady Sango?" She nodded, blushing furiously under the gazes of Shippo and Kaede, even though Inuyasha and Kagome were paying them no mind.

"Yes, Miroku, as long as you don't do anything stupid," she mumbled, as she felt him give her hand a tight squeeze. They quickly exited the hut.

"Looks like I will have plenty of godchildren," Kaede mumbled, petting Shippo on the head.

***

The next few days went by slowly, at a snail's pace. Inuyasha's body wasn't used to bullets, so it took a while to heal, and Kagome was human, so her arm wouldn't be okay for a bit. Finally, on the fifth day, they were allowed to leave the hut. Inuyasha quickly took Kagome to their special spot near the little, sparkling pond, but this time he didn't take refuge in the tree. Instead he pressed Kagome to his body in a warm hug. She blushed, but hugged him back, basking in his scent and heat.

"Inuyasha…what?"

"Kagome," he cried. "I was scared! I was scared that I was gonna lose you. That Naraku was going to kill you before…" Inuyasha suddenly choked on his words.

"You were worried?" She felt him nod.

"Yes. Really worried. When he kept shooting that weapon at you…" Kagome could hear him swallow hard as he drew her closer to his body. He nuzzled her, taking in her sweet scent.

"I was worried about you, too. I thought you were going to die!" she cried, sniffling. "Why did you do something so reckless?"

"I'm still here ain't I?" Kagome shoved him, tears glistening in her eyes.

"I care about you, baka! I think I'm supposed to be scared!" she screeched. His ear twitched in confusion as she sat at the water's edge. He followed her suit, but gave her at least three feet of distance between them.

"So, how did you do it?"

"Do what?"

"Kill your Dad?"

"Great way to make me feel better!" she said sarcastically.

"What was I supposed to say?" he challenged. Kagome shrugged.

"I dunno. But you really wanna hear?" He nodded.

"Duh! I like you this way. You aren't timid and you aren't merciless. You kick ass and you're cool." Kagome blushed fiercely at his rare compliment.

"T-Thanks. Well, I was aiming for his neck, but since he shot my good arm I had to throw with my bad one, but guess where it hit him?"

"Where?" Inuyasha asked, like an excited child, golden eyes wide.

"Right in his heart."

"Holy Sh*t!"

"Then I shot him up with my gun."

"Gun?"

"That metal thing that smells like gunpowder." Inuyasha clapped her on the back, almost shoving her forwards on the soft grass.

"Crap. That must have been fun. Good going."

"He was going to kill everyone, so I had to fight, ya know?" Inuyasha nodded. Kagome is really cool now. I wonder if I'll ever be able to tell her that I love her…Geez, it sounds weird for me to be saying those words even in my own head. I sure hope she feels the same way!

"Yeah."

"Well, um…Inuyasha?" she asked, squirming uncomfortably in her sling under his serious gaze. "Why did you kiss me?" They both blushed an identical shade of red.

"You see…what really happened was…" he trailed off, and looked into Kagome's expectant eyes. "You were turning into a crazy bitch…"

"OH SO THAT'S THE ONLY REASON?" she cried.

"YEAH, WHAT DID YOU EXPECT THERE TO BE ONE?" Kagome froze, blush deepening.

"WELL NO…HMPH! YOU'RE IMPOSSIBLE! I'LL SEE YOU LATER!" Then she stomped off. Inuyasha still sat there, sprawled in the emerald sea of grass.

"She's just PMSing," he said reasonably and stared after her.

This chapter was so pointless, but was filled with so much Inu/Kag fluff that I HAD to write it. The last chapter is an epilogue(which I will be writing shortly), and expect to see a sequel in the near future. I've cooled off from earlier(if you read the ANs at the end of the last chapter you understand) so no worries. Aloha.