InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ And Then It's All Gone ❯ A Hanyou's Life Is Never Easy ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2

A Hanyou's Life Is Never Easy

When Inuyasha came to, all he could see was blur. His eyesight cleared slightly, after a few minutes, and he thought he saw Kikyo. He smiled, softly, as he watched her sleep. He must've been in her lap, obviously, because he could only see her face if he looked up. 'Kikyo, I have to tell you about this crazy, freakish dream I just had...' he wanted to say, but he didn't want to wake up Kikyo. Suddenly, he felt her move slightly, and then her eyes opened.

They were blue.

'Shit! I'm still here!' He thought, angrily. The only thing he could think of where he was at was in the future, but that couldn't happen. That was impossible. Well, almost as impossible as a human girl who could restrain an inu-hanyou with a single word.

"Inuyasha...? You awake?" Kagome asked, rubbing one eye. She yawned, and smiled at him. "You fainted. What's wrong?" Inuyasha looked around his surroundings, and realized... he wasn't outside.

"Where the fuck did you take me, wench?!" Inuyasha asked, jumping up. Suddenly, he fell back down, with a huge headache. (a/n- you know, the ones you get when you get up too quickly) "Ow ow ow ow ow ow!" Kagome couldn't help herself. She suddenly laughed. Inuyasha stopped whining to glare at Kagome. "Where.The.FUCK.did.you.take.me?!"

"Ha ha ha... you're... ha ha... in... ha ha... my room..." Kagome said, giggling. Inuyasha looked around the room again, and snorted at the decorations. A poster with the words, "Dir en Grey" was posted on the wall, and a bunch of tiny dolls were on shelves near her bed, or whatever the huge soft thing was he was laying on. "Why did you faint?"

"Why do you want to know?" Inuyasha countered.

"Well, I was only worried, ya know! It's not every day that a weird looking boy suddenly appears in your shrine and faints!" Kagome growled. Inuyasha felt a muscle twitch in his face.

"Too bad, I'm not tellin' ya," Inuyasha said. Kagome rolled her eyes.

"Uh huh... I can get you to tell me, you know," She said, her voice suddenly turning slightly seductive. Inuyasha gulped, when he saw the glint in her eyes. "C'mon, Inu-chan... tell me why you fainted..." She whispered, her lips near his ear. Inuyasha could feel his face redden. No sane woman he knew did stuff like this!

"Ano..." Inuyasha said. "I..."

"Uh huh... you what?" Kagome said, slowly. Inuyasha gulped again.

"I... thinki'mfromthepast!" Inuyasha said, quickly. As soon as Kagome's seductiveness appeared, it disappeared.

"You think you're what?!" She asked, moving away from his ears. "Did I hear you correctly? You think you're from the past? Okay, now I think you need hospitalization. You sound insane."

"Stupid wench," Inuyasha said.

"Hmm... It would make sense, though... you calling me Kikyo when you woke up..." Kagome said. 'She was awake... no wait... I was sayin' stuff earlier?' Inuyasha was wondering. "And... you seemed freaked out when I told you about Kikyo and Inuyasha..." She snuck a look at him, and then climbed off her bed, to grab a huge tome (a/n- a large, old book of myths, spells, etc.) that her grandfather gave her. She opened it up, and looked at Inuyasha again. To the book, to Inuyasha. "Oh my god... YOU ARE INUYASHA!"

"No... my mom calls me Jineh," Inuyasha said, sarcastically. "Of course I'm Inuyasha," "stupid wench." He added, under his breath. Then, something clicked in his head. "Why the hell aren't you usin' that stupid word on me?"

"Simple. You're on my bed. Your weight plus the rosary's strength would destroy it. I don't want that happening," Kagome said, staring at him. "Still... sugoi... you actually came from the Sengoku Jidai, ne?" She grinned. "Jii-chan would be so surprised! C'mon!" She pulled Inuyasha out of her room, towards the door.

*~*~*

"Now Souta, I will tell you the story of the high and mighty Sesshoumaru. He was the ruler of the Western Lands--"
"You mean, he was the biggest prick on the face of the earth," A rude voice interrupted Kagome's and Souta's grandfather's speech. Souta and his grandpa turned around to see Kagome and a white haired boy come down stairs.

"KAGOME! WATCH OUT! THERE'S A YOUKAI BEHIND YOU!" Jii-chan yelled. Kagome's eyes rolled, as Jii-chan ran up to Inuyasha and placed an ofuda onto the hanyou's forehead. Inuyasha, smirking, started to pretend he was being shocked by the ofuda's "magic".

"OUCH! GOD DAMN IT! MAKE THIS PAIN GO AWAY!" Inuyasha was yelling. Kagome, actually scared, ran up to him, and pulled the ofuda off, to see Inuyasha cracking up.

"SIT! You ungrateful... oooh! SIT!" Kagome yelled.

"Kagome, why did you take off the ofuda?" Jii-chan asked.

"It wasn't workin', old geezer," Inuyasha said, once the rosary's power lightened. Souta looked at Inuyasha and grinned.

"Hey, you're sugoi!" Souta said.

"Is no one in this family scared of me?!" Inuyasha asked, as Souta attatched himself to Inuyasha's leg. He looked up at the one who brought him into this, and glared at the shyly smiling Kagome, as if to say, "You're first on my list, wench!"

"Dad? Dad?! Where are you?" A female voice asked. Suddenly, Inuyasha watched another woman walk in, carrying two bags. She dropped one when she saw Inuyasha. "Who are you?"

"Inuyasha," Kagome said, quickly. "Mama, you better sit down."
"Oh, his ears are so adorable!" The woman said, attaching her hand to one of Inuyasha's ears. He jumped, and looked at each of the Higurashis, with a scared look on his face. He pointed to each of them.

"YOU ALL ARE CRAZY CRACKPOTS!" He yelled, and ran outside, covering his ears. Kagome blushed when her family looked at her, and laughed, nervously.

"Well.. gotta split!" Kagome said, running out.

*~*~*

Kagome found Inuyasha pacing back and forth next to the Goshinboku Tree. When he noticed her, she smiled, and sat down next to the tree. Inuyasha stopped pacing to look at her, his face unreadable.

"You think I'm the same Inuyasha who betrayed Kikyo," He accused. "I didn't. I knew Kikyo. But I didn't betray the wench."

"You... didn't? But all of the stories say you did," Kagome said.

"Of course they would. They wouldn't believe a hanyou. Would you?!"

"Wait... what really happened?"

"Not sayin' nothin'."

"Double negative! Ha! You have to tell me!" Kagome said, grinning. Inuyasha snorted. "Oh, please! I won't tell a soul, promise! Cross my heart!"

"Feh," Inuyasha said. Suddenly, a sharp pain was felt on his neck. "OUCH!" He slapped his neck, and a tiny thing fluttered down. "Myouga-jiji! How the hell did you get here?"

As soon as the thing filled back up to its normal state (which Kagome still thought as a dot) it bowed to Inuyasha.

"Inuyasha-sama! Forgive me! I have been looking all over for you!" Myouga said. Kagome squinted to look at it. "Is this your mate?"
"WHAT?!!" Inuyasha said, slapping the dot again. "You think I'll mate with an ugly wench like that?!"

"HEY! SIT!" Kagome yelled. "Besides, who are you?"

"I," Myouga said, intellectually, "Am Myouga, servant to the Inu-Taisho line."

"Wow, so... Inuyasha, is your family rich or something?" Kagome asked.

"He wouldn't know. He's hanyou, so most of his youkai family banished him out of any claims he would get from his father," Myouga answered.

"Why?" Kagome asked, innocently. Myouga sighed, as he began his story.

*~*~*

A/n- I hope you all realize that I rewrote the last half of that. I read it over and was like, oh god, this doesn't make sense, so here's the TRUE ending of this chapter. JA NE!