InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Antagonists Unite ❯ Chapter Five ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Antagonists Unite
By: DarkCrystalis


XxXx

Chapter Five


Just before we were about to leave and pick up the others, Inuyasha, the idiot, remembered that he forgot his sweater back at his mother's house. So, I graciously decided to drive him there, and wait in the car as he ran inside.

XxXx

Inside Inuyasha's Home

I ran in to get my sweater, feeling pretty dumb for not remembering to bring it. I walk over to the closet, which is where I'm sure the sweater must be.

However, I start going through all the jackets, and realize it isn't there.

Well, I'm feeling dumb all over again, having no idea where it could be.

Then, seeing no other way around it, I think it's best to ask my mother if she's seen it.

She's sitting and weeping, so I walk over to her and she begins to laugh while the tears stream down her face.

I already know what has happened; she's watching one of those children's movies, and it's a happy scene near the ending. She's so predictable, but I decide to go to her anyway.

I ask her if she's alright, and she cries harder and laughs at the same time.

It is a strange sight to behold and I do not demand that anyone ever witness it, but I begin laughing quite hard nonetheless. I found it hilarious that a child's movie has once again shaken her up enough to cry; perhaps happy endings aren't what she's used to.

“Oh, what a sad movie,” she moans as she holds the box of tissues close to her chest.

I watch her walking over to the kitchen with a bundle of tissues in one hand, while the box rests in the other. She has soaked the tissues, and for a moment, I feel sorry for them.

“I've accomplished so much today,” she adds in sad sarcasm as she continues to wipe the tears from her tear-stained cheeks and watery eyes.

My mother sniffles, and I roll my eyes. She's such a sap; it's sickening sometimes.

Then, I remember I'm here to ask her about my sweater, not feel minor pity for the Kleenex box. Sesshoumaru's going to be pissed if I don't pick up the pace, I'm sure of it; I really am sure of this, this time.

“Mom, have you seen my yellow Nike sweater? It's not in the closet…”

She looks at me as she blows her nose, and shakes her head. “Have you tried looking in your room?”

I make a face which resembles feeling sick to one's stomach, not wanting to go anywhere near my room. You see, I have issues with keeping things clean, and organized…

“It's about time you cleaned your room; I shouldn't have to remind you, Inuyasha. You're old enough to take care of yourself!”

Running toward the direction of the stairs, I sift through the huge pile of clothes on the floor. The problem is I've got a lot of money from my dad, which I often spend on clothes. My clothing `collection', if you wish to call it that, keeps expanding, while my room stays the same size…

…Hence the disaster on the floor of my bedroom.

Finding the sweater, I smile in triumph, and hurry out of the house before my mom can threaten me with cleaning my room. First of all, it's a Sunday—since when do people do things on Sundays?—and second of all, I'm too lazy to clean.

Sesshoumaru glared at me when I jumped into the front seat of his silver Caddie. At first, I thought he'd bitch about my taking so long, but he sort of surprised me.

“Don't jump on the leather, dumbass, or you'll ruin it, and I'll beat you senseless,” he snapped at me as he sped off towards Miroku's house.

He said it in a voice that almost convinced me...

…almost.

It was his punch that collided harshly onto my shoulder which did.

XxXx

I paced the small width of my bedroom, waiting for the call which would take me away from my home for the day. My older brother, whom works full-time at a small business office downtown, is still sleeping in his meager bedroom, so I try not to be too loud.

From what I gather, he was up late last night with his male friends. It's rare that he gets free time now-a-days, due to all the time he puts into working. It's just me and him living here, and someone's got to pay the bills…

I suddenly feel awash with guilt, knowing that I should also be working, and helping pay the expenses our house accumulates.

Walking to my computer with determination, I open up a blank word document and begin typing my name. I don't have a resume, and have no clue as for where to start.

I sigh helplessly, feeling stupid. Shouldn't I know how to do this by now? Am I really that useless?

Shaking my head, I clear myself of those thoughts. I know I can do this, if I try.

Instead of giving up, I begin to do a search on `how to write a resume.' There are many useful sites, so I take my time reading through them, gathering pointers as I go along.

Before I know it, I've got a great start. I'm feeling a lot better about myself, and am even considering asking my brother to help me out. I know he'd be more than willing to help me, once he wakes up, eats something, and showers.

However, the phone rings, and I feel a tingle of excitement in my stomach. I find myself hoping that it'll be Kagome, and she's ready to ask me to hang out with her.

It is Kagome, but she doesn't deliver the news I was hoping.

“Hello?”

“Hey Rin, it's Kagome. I'm really sorry, but I've got to go shopping with my mother. She needs a few things for dinner tonight, and she asked me to accompany her. I'll be back in an hour, alright? And then, maybe we can hang out at the arcade?”

I find myself nodding my head, some-what unhappy with what she's told me. However, a part of me smiles, knowing that she'll be back soon, and then we can go to the arcade together, just like she said.

“Okay, have fun. Call me when you get back!”

She promised she would, and hung up.

I stare at the computer, and my progress. I haven't gotten very far at all, and I realize that I need help. Thankfully enough, I hear my brother's footsteps echoing in the hallway. Maybe he can help me, now that he's awake.

I step out of my room, and greet him.

“Hey Koji,” I say to him, and smile.

He smiles back, and rubs his head sheepishly. “I can only imagine how bad I look right now, but surely it's not as bad as I'm feeling.”

I can only imagine how much drinking was involved with his friends last night; something told me they were playing drinking card games, and he'd done pretty badly, hence his hangover.

“I was wondering, do you think you could help me write a resume? Not right now, but I mean, after your shower and everything.”

He gave me a quizzical look, and I hoped he wouldn't pry.

Luckily for me, he didn't.

“Okay, just remind me.”

Then, walking into the bathroom, he gently shut the door behind him.

A little while later, he sat beside me in my bedroom, helping me write the resume. However, it seemed that he was curious, and wasn't going to hide his questions.

“What do you need a resume for, anyway? You're not planning on working, are you?”

I knew he disapproved of me working, so I began to think before he got suspicious.

“Oh, it's good to have one, and something tells me one of my classes may require it sometime in the future. I was thinking of taking Co-op next semester, and I know that job interviews for your field placement require resumes.”

He looked at me, and nodded. My excuse was legitimate enough, and I didn't even lie about it!

For the next half an hour, we worked on it. He showed me a format which most resumes follow, and I picked up in it easily.

Just after we'd finished, Kagome called again, saying she was home. She also mentioned that we could go to the arcade now, if I wanted.

“Of course I want to go! It'll be a lot of fun. I'll see you there in twenty minutes,” I find myself saying, before hanging up.

I meet up with Kagome at the arcade twenty minutes later, as promised. Although, I find myself in a trance as I stare at none other than Sesshoumaru Taisho, along with all of his friends.

XxXx

At the sound of female voices, I turn my head towards the entrance of the arcade. There Rin stands, smiling as she chats with the girls around her.

I almost want to smile too, but then I settle on a scowl. Why would I smile about seeing a girl, even if it's Rin, of all people?

Suddenly, I turn back around, and face the rest of my group. Inuyasha whom has no pride or self-respect whatsoever, is busy jumping and dancing away at the DDR machine, against Shippo.

And of course, my idiot half-brother losing miserably.

Then, I turn to Miroku and Kouga, who are also seemingly lost in staring at the four women that entered the arcade seconds ago.

I can see that Miroku holds an interest towards Sango, the one with long black hair, dressed in all black. She's more of a tomboy than a girly-type of girl, but from what I've heard, she's pretty decent.

However, what I see next sets off my annoyance.

Kouga, for the first time I've noticed, is staring at Rin as though she's a piece of meat. His mouth is dropped slightly, and he looks like he's ready to pounce on her.

I don't know what's gotten into him, and I don't think I want to know.

I couldn't have any idea as to why; Rin is dressed in a modest pair of jeans, and a light sweater, nothing provocative, or dazzling in any way. Although, despite my own reassurance, I still can't help the feeling that creeps into my stomach.

When Rin approaches the DDR machine with Kagome and the others a little behind her, her eyes begin to shine.

“Do you think we could use the machine when the boys are done?” Rin asked Kagome hopefully, really wanting to play.

“Sure! I'd love to; it's been ages!” Sango and Ayame nod in response to Kagome, both wearing smiles of their own.

As I wait patiently, I feel eyes on the back of my head. Someone's staring at me, and it's making me feel uneasy. I turn around, and see the crystal clear blue eyes of Kouga following my form. I suddenly feel queasy, and hate it.

Doing my best to ignore it, I turn back to my friends. “Who did you guys get paired up with for your Music assignment?” Although they aren't in the same grade as me, I know for a fact that in the beginning of grade eleven, Ms. Whitney always gives a pre-assigned partner for the duet instrument test.

The grade eleven Music class is for people that have already previously taken the grade nine and ten Music classes, making them experienced instrument players. This way, no matter who you are paired with, things should even out.

Sango replies first. “I'm with Miroku,” she tells me, a frown marring her brow. “I heard he's a real pervert,” she mutters under her breath, which makes me laugh.

“At least you can put him in his place!”

At this, we all giggle a little.

Despite the fact that Miroku is in grade twelve, he's decided to take a grade eleven course as one of his alternates, assuming it'd be an easy credit.

Then, I turn to Kagome expectantly.

“I'm stuck with Inuyasha, Sesshoumaru's younger half-brother. I know he slacks off a lot because he's been in some of my other classes, so I'm a little worried.”

We all stared at her, knowing smiles on our faces. Kagome is the one to get assignments done the week before they're due; if she's paired with a slacker like Inuyasha, they very well might run into arguments and frustrating situations.

“I don't know who I'm paired with; I haven't looked at the assignment yet,” Ayame stated, a strange look on her face. “I'll have to check it out later.”

Before anything else was said, Kouga marched over, feeling cocky as ever as he placed a hand on my shoulder.

“Hey good lookin', how are you doin'?” He asked, not really expecting an answer. He probably expected a giggle, and a smile. However, he had another thing coming.

I moved away, and stood beside Kagome in an effort to be left alone. I already disliked the fact that he was staring at me, and now I felt perturbed that I was touched.

“Leave me alone,” I demanded quietly, not wanting to make a scene. My voice was weak, and although I was making a demand, it sounded pathetic, even to my own ears.

Not taking me seriously, he approached me again, this time putting a hand on each of my shoulders.

“How about we go out some time together, for dinner? Then you can come back to my place…”

I closed my eyes, and began to sweat.

I felt uncomfortable, frightened, bewildered, and nauseous all at once. I needed to get away from him; he was making me sick.

As I backed off, he took two steps closer.

My friends watched the scene, not knowing what to do.

I wish someone would help me, I wish someone would help me, I wish someone would…

Then, thank god, someone came to my rescue.

XxXx

Author's Note

Angel: Evil cliff hanger! Bwahaha. However, it was an extra-extra long chapter, so…

Jon: -Interrupts Angel- I'm here, and in one piece!

Angel: -Growls at the interruption, and feels offended- Why wouldn't you be?

Jon: Well, after the last chapter, I'm sure you had some of our reviewers worried…

Angel: I doubt it.

Jon: Are you saying I'm unloved?

Angel: I'm saying they know I wouldn't hurt someone I like.

Jon: Oh. -Feels dumb-

Angel: Thank you to all of my reviewers! OH, and the whole Inuyasha's mom thing; it seems a little random, but I promise to make that scene significant later.

Aside from reviews, I have an important (but short) announcement to make.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTTO ALL READERS:

Angel: The Eri, Yura, Yuka, and Kikyou group has been changed to the Kagura, Kanna, Yura, and Kikyou group. Eri and Yuka no longer exist.

Jon:
Ouch, looks like someone got the boot, and for once, it wasn't me.

Angel: That can be arranged.

Jon: No thanks!

Angel: Please continue reading and reviewing! Until chapter six!

Sincerely,

-DarkCrystalis
and
-Jonatha n