InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Antagonists Unite ❯ Chapter Six ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Antagonists Unite
By:
DarkCrystalis also edited by Jon04CTSV

XxXx

Chapter Six

Kouga was lifted off the ground, and dropped on the floor a few feet further away from me.

“I believe she told you to leave her alone,” Sesshoumaru snapped.

I watched the scene, my poor knees feeling like they'd give out on me any minute.

Wiping off his pants with his hands, Kouga growled.

“Hey, leave yourself out of this. It doesn't concern you; keep your mangy paws off of me.”

He tried to approach me again, but Sesshoumaru's fist which collided into his cheek knocked Kouga back down.

“You're getting off easy, mutt. Keep away from her, or next time, you won't be so lucky.”

Inuyasha and Miroku stopped dancing to hold Kouga back, knowing he would try to fight back.

“You asshole, she's not yours to claim! Stop running to her rescue; she doesn't need you!”

Sesshoumaru ignored him, and walked over to me, although cautiously; even though it was obvious he was itching to punch Kouga again.

Then, grabbing my sweaty palm, he dragged me out of the arcade, anger still prevalent in his golden eyes.

I waved goodbye to my friends, whom stood in silence. They knew I'd be safe with Sesshoumaru; he just saved me. Something told them he wasn't about to go and hurt me after that incident.

“Are you alright?”

I could only nod; I was too shocked to do anything else.

XxXx

We ended up going to a coffee shop, to which he bought us both a flavoured cappuccino. I didn't think someone like him would enjoy such a sweet beverage, so it was a bit of a surprise.

Either way, it was quiet, but not uncomfortably so. He asked me again if I was alright, and I responded with a `yes.'

Soon after we finished, he took me home, no questions asked.

I thanked him, and went inside, watching from the confines of the closed glass door as he zoomed off.

More than ever I was curious as to who Sesshoumaru Taisho really was.

Before, I regretted having him as my assignment partner. However, due to recent events, I'm sort of looking forward to it…

XxXx
 
I can't believe what I just did.
 
I, Sesshoumaru Taisho, helped a near random girl escape from trash like Kouga. I don't do “rescuing” jobs, or care about other girls. Hell, half the time, I get a good laugh out of seeing girls feeling uncomfortable and nervous.
 
Although, this time, something inside me made me help her.
 
I'll blame it on the thing beating in my chest, keeping me alive. I know I'm a prick when I want to be, but like I said before, I've still got a heart somewhere deep inside of me, and that's what got me to kick Kouga's ass.
 
That, and he's been pissing me off since school started; he completely deserved the beating he got.
 
I knew I should have hit him again before I left with….um…what's her name…? Whatever, that's not important; the important thing is that…is…well, what is the important thing anyway? That the girl's okay, and Kouga's not?
 
Walking up the pavement driveway of my house, I stopped in my tracks when Inuyasha met me at the front entrance.
 
“What are you doing here?” I snapped coldly at him, not feeling like beating around the bush, although I never do; small talk pisses me off royally, and is such a waste of time.
 
“Where is she?”
 
I stared at him as if I had no idea what he was talking about for a moment before I brushed past him, not offering a reply.
 
He, apparently, didn't like this, which is why he tried to block me from entering my own house, his arms crossed over his chest.
 
“I won't ask again; where did you bring her?”
 
Picking him up, I gracefully dropped him behind me.
 
“That is not of your concern, filthy half-brother of mine. Do not ask me things which do not involve you; in fact, keep out of my face all together, until I deem it appropriate for you to speak with me again.”
 
I went in the house and closed the door as he stumbled to his feet. I don't feel like dealing with anyone or anything right now, but it's not like he has the right to question me anyway; I am Sesshoumaru Taisho after all, let's not forget.
 
Hefting my light backpack onto my shoulders, I walked into my bedroom. It's spacious, white and black colour themed and classy; just the way I like things. I designed it myself with my artistic talents, and arranged every last detail down to the pens and floor pillows carefully placed on the floor.
 
No, I'm not a gay room designer; I just have good taste with everything I do, which reminds me…
 
That girl; she's sort of pretty, isn't she? I mean, she's no porn star with huge boobs and a fake attitude or anything, but she's not so bad. At least she's real and complex; she seems like a puzzle, one that I'd like to put together during this year. Something tells me I'm in for some surprises, and I can't be wrong; Sesshoumaru Taisho is never wrong.
 
Lazily, I emptied the contents of my school bag on my bed, and watched the few binders and textbooks slip out, landing in a haphazard pile.
 
I picked up the binders and looked through the homework assigned for each of the classes. Most of it consisted of reading chapters from the textbooks, or making notes from specific chapters. I never did that stuff anyway; I don't need to, I'm just that smart.
 
However, a specific bright yellow package from my Music class caught my eye. I don't remember this, and quickly skim through it.
 
Partnered assignment? Creating bars of music? Why don't I remem--…
 
…Oh yeah. This must be the assignment she droned on and on about, worth a `huge percent of our final mark', which I completely tuned out. She has a horrible habit of ranting on and on; what a typical female trait. I didn't know it follows into a woman's early fourties…
 
Anyway, I look at the bottom of the sheet, and look at my partner.
 
Rin…who the hell is that? She must not be important if I haven't even heard of her. I wonder if I can somehow change partners?
 
Sighing, I pushed the stuff off my bed and lay down. Personally, I'm exhausted; and someone such as myself needs to keep up his image, or else…or else that'll be the end of the world, of course.
 
XxXx
 
Inuyasha called me half an hour later, demanding where I'd brought `her'. I silently wished he'd mention her name—whatever it may be,—so I'd finally find out what it is, but he doesn't. Maybe he doesn't know her name, either.
 
Putting that aside, he's beginning to tick me off. Let's not forget what happened to Kouga not too long ago when he tried to push my buttons. Plus, Inuyasha's my half brother, which gives me all the more chance and ability to hurt him a little…
 
I hung up the phone, not hearing a word he had to say. Why was he so worried about this girl, anyway? She isn't anything special, from what I can tell, and it's obvious that I know about special people; look at me, for fuck's sakes.
 
Anyway, when the phone in my room began ringing seconds later, I got up and left the house. It was still relatively early, since we didn't end up staying at the arcade. It's a Saturday and all, but there's not much to do right now.
 
If I had a more caring and less rich father, this would be when I'd be told to `get a job'. Haha; poor suckers that have to work for their money…that blows for ninety nine percent of the population.
 
Slipping into my Cadillac, I began wondering where I should go. I don't feel like chilling with the boys again; chances are, they're still trying to calm the mangy wolf down.
 
Sounds weird that we call Kouga a wolf, don't you think? It's because of how he looks; his hard is long, messy, and tied back with a bandana, even though those `aren't allowed' at school. He's also got dark brown skin, is pretty fast when he runs, and has clear blue eyes which girls swoon over whenever he passes by.
 
It's too bad his attitude is so cocky and arrogant; that reminds me of someone I know, but I can't put my finger on who that might be…
 
Finally, I decided that I want food. Yes, I'm hungry; it's been ages since I've last had a good meal.
 
I drove to the Willamina's family-owned diner close to my house, and walked inside. It's a spacious, calm atmosphere restaurant which rarely has many customers, which is why I've always enjoyed coming here.
 
I went to seat myself, but something caught my eye near the restaurant's front counter.
 
I was almost surprised when I saw a brown haired, semi-short girl turned around and looked at me with her blue-grey eyes, an expression close to wonderment on her face.
 
It seems that fate likes to taunt me.
 
XxXx
 
When Sesshoumaru dropped me off, I felt a mixture of sadness and relief. I can't really explain it; I've never been overly accomplished with describing how I feel, but I know that I'm grateful for his assistance back at the arcade.
 
A look of worry or discomfort must have been on my face, however, because Koji was on me the second I went inside.
 
“Are you okay, Rin? You look a little shaken up.”
 
I nodded my head with a forced smile, and went upstairs to my room. I've finally decided that I'm going to apply for a job, and hide the fact from Koji. Like I said before, he really doesn't want me to work, but I feel awful about it.
 
Besides, what he doesn't know can't hurt him, right? I just want to help; there's nothing wrong with that!
 
Once I printed out a few copies of the resume and touched up some final things, I was ready to go. I hid the resumes underneath my shirt so Koji wouldn't see them, and slipped back outside again.
 
He'd probably ask me where I went when I get back, but I'll make something up. I don't want to worry him or anything, but I can't tell him I'm going to look for work; he'll flip out for sure if I do.
 
Luckily for me, there are some diners in the area of my house. I've always wanted to work as a cashier, as weird as that may sound. It doesn't require much talking with the customers, and the pay isn't too bad. It sounds like the perfect job for someone like me, which is why I went to Willamina's.
 
The girl behind the front counter seemed really nice, and smiled when I told her I don't have any job experience. I felt like she genuinely cared for what I have to say, and wasn't superficial in the least.
 
I turned around once she went to file the resume, promising me to `call back soon', but regretted it. There stood Sesshoumaru Taisho, a look ofdare I say, surprise? on his face.
 
Will I ever get away from him? Honestly?
 
Well, apparently, not today…
 
XxXx
 
Author's Note
 
Angel: Reviews shouldn't be based on quantity; they should be based on quality. I'd like reviews which have thought, criticism, and positive feedback in them, because I'll be honest with you; tellingme to update soondoesn't tell me much about my writing, grammar, spelling,things which should be fixed/changed, or whatever…
 
Although, getting reviews such as “update soon” or “great story, I love it!” isn't a bad thing sometimes. It shows enthusiasm, and interest in my story, which is still appreciated.
 
Maybe I'm asking for the impossible about “quality” reviews, because they tend to take a lot of time, and some effort…
 
Jon: Feel free to review; short or long reviews, quantity or quality reviews, we still love all reviews
 
Angel: The chapter is a little late, but that's because I wasn't sure what to write about after the fighting scene and the coffee scene following it. I'll ask Jonathan for ideas on the next chapter; maybe then chapter seven will take less time to write and post…
 
Jon: Wow, you actually want me for something aside from se
 
Angel: -Kicks Jonathan in the kneecap-
 
Jon: -Falls down-
 
Angel: Now, what was I saying? Rightposting faster. I really am sorry that the chapter took a few more days; I'll do what I can for chapter seven.
 
Jon: Hey, this is a good position. While I'm down here, on my knees, I might as well start
 
Angel: Are you sure you want to finish that sentence?
 
Jon: If I finish the sentence, do I get to do what I want to say?
 
Angel: Want to try and find out? -Cracks knuckles-
 
Jon: Um, let's not, and say we did?
 
Angel: Thought so.
 
Until chapter seven!
 
Sincerely,
 
-DarkCrystalis
And
-Jonathan