InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Antagonists Unite ❯ Chapter Seventeen ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Antagonists Unite
By: DarkCrystalis and edited by Jon04CTSV
XxXx
Chapter Seventeen
The next day back at school was… well, interesting.
Interesting for everyone except Kikyou, that is.
XxXx
When Kikyo walked past her locker, a note was stuck on the front, reading “Revenge.” When her cronies gathered around her, each squealing in fright, Kikyou didn't budge.
“It's nothing, ladies. The love of my life is just showing me how much he cares.” She giggled as she removed the note from her locker, stuffing it in her purse as a keepsake. “Let's head to class.”
Once she walked in, she noticed her desk was missing. She shrugged it off and borrowed one of the empty ones at the back of the room. When she asked the girl beside her what today's date was, she ignored her completely. A few times male and female students looked her way and smirked behind their hands, trying not to laugh as they whispered amongst one another.
As the disgruntled teacher tried to settle down the uproarious class, someone shouted out “Kikyou's a whore!”
Her face flamed as the entire class burst out laughing, pointing fingers at her and shouting other harsh names such as slut and good for nothing bitch. The teacher tried to calm the class a second time, but saw that nothing would stop the tension and hatred which had been built up.
“If you don't all take your seats and quiet down right this second, the principal will be called and all of you will be given detentions or suspensions!”
Everyone was silent from the threat, but the looks on their faces and the words that had already been spoken were an extreme embarrassment for Kikyou. She also knew that this was nothing compared to what would most likely come in the near future.
Does this mean he told everyone about my precious secret after all?
Kikyou hung her head on her desk, not listening to a word of the teacher's lecture as she drowned in unhappiness, knowing she'd gone too far.
XxXx
Rin's P.O.V.
The dark circles which I know are under my eyes drag me down as I walk through the halls. It's lunch time, but it sure as hell doesn't feel like it. I know I'm exhausted because I couldn't sleep the night before, and boy does it ever show. My hair's a bird's nest and my face is as pale as a white sheet. I threw on the clothes I saw first, not caring if they were crinkled or didn't match. This is all his fault; he made me into this train wreck.
Sesshoumaru's father, Zell, luckily didn't ask me any questions as I stirred my cereal around in my bowl that morning. Maybe he sensed that today was a bad day and that the night beforehand was too, or maybe I was just over-analyzing things. Either way, the last thing I want right now is a confrontation with anyone… which includes Kagome, Ayame, Sango and especially not
Before I can finish my train of thought, I walk into the last person I want to see—Sesshoumaru.
I sigh and move away awkwardly, not really knowing how to react. I'm sure as hell not going to apologize to the bastard, but at the same time…
Things feel weird between us now… the old friendly banter and joking is suddenly gone, replaced by seriousness and discomfort. But I don't mind—he's the one that ruined our relationship anyway—or whatever you want to call what we had.
He tries to call my name and grip my arm, but I shrug him off, walking into the lunch room instead. I notice that he doesn't follow, and I feel slightly relieved.
When I line up to purchase my food, girls I don't know gave me sympathetic looks. One even says, “Kikyou's such a bitch, acting like that; don't let her come in-between you!”
I don't really know how they found out about the incident from last week and I don't care. Is this Sesshoumaru's way of trying to make things better? Spreading information about what used to be our personal life, trying to “win” me back? It sure as hell isn't working.
I give the girl a tight smile before walking out. I don't really feel hungry anymore—how could I after having to stomach that?
However, when I walk out and see Kikyou glaring daggers at me, I feel even more sick to my stomach than seconds before. Maybe she's the last person I want to see…
“You little bitch, spreading those rumours about me like that! Who do you think you are?” She confronts me, walking closer with each step. Her face is slightly red as she acknowledges the rumours, everyone in the lunch room staring at her as she speaks.
“I didn't say anything,” I coldly answer back, deciding to throw caution to the wind. It's not like I'm going to back down to the girl who ruined everything I might've had with Sesshoumaru. “Don't jump to conclusions, you whore! You're the one chasing and attacking men that don't want you! Hahaha, I didn't know that was your style, Kikyou!” Although I don't believe the words myself, I notice that I hit the hammer on the head—Kikyou's reaction was too angry to be faked. My laughter increases as I see things more clearly now.
“He didn't want you, but you forced yourself onto him!” I continue, watching as she rages more with each second that passes. “You know that's like sexual assault, don't you?”
Before I know it, she's knocked me to the ground and she's trying to attack me.

The others in the cafeteria gather closer, forming a circle around us,
neither willing to do anything.
“What do you know about his wanting me? No one would want a poor, ugly commoner like you with no hopes of moving anywhere in life!” She smacks my hands and face and pulls my hair, but I'm not deterred.
 
“Hahahaha, don't change the subject! We're talking about you, someone who considers herself to be beautiful and rich, yet even he didn't want you!” I feel more empowered as she becomes angrier, and I my words are much bolder.
She suddenly screams out, angry tears streaming from her face, “Hojo loved me! He wanted me!
My eyes widen from this declaration, as I was not planning on her saying something like this.
I take my chance to push her off of me and dust off my pants and shirt, staring down at her from my standing position as she weeps into her hands.
“For the record, I was talking about Sesshoumaru,” and I turn to leave, not bothering to look back and gauge her reaction.
I walk towards the doors, thankful that the crowd has opened a pathway for me to leave. I see Sesshoumaru standing at the exit, his arms crossed over his chest. For once, his eyes look really worried and I feel a something warm bubble in my chest. I know that he hadn't wanted her and she was the one that jumped on him, but I can't find myself to forgive him yet. After all, they kissed, didn't they?
“Rin…” his words are soft as he stares into my eyes, but I'm still emotionally unstable and can't deal with him.
“Another time, maybe,” I tell him as I rush out, escaping the crowd as they pour out of the cafeteria. The bell rings a few minutes later while I'm putting my books in my locker.
“Rin! Oh my god, are you okay?” Kagome asks me as she runs over, Sango and Ayame in tow.
“We only got there at the last minute or two, but we heard what happened through everyone else. I can't believe her!” Sango's hand is clenched in a fist and I can see the fury in her eyes.
“I won't let her get away with that!” Ayame adds, an uncharacteristic gleam in her eyes which screams revenge.
I smile, tears clouding my eyes as I can see their worry for me. My friends really care about me, and I can't be happier with them. It's okay, don't bother; it isn't worth the trouble. I'm okay, guys,” I whisper as I break down and cry, their familiar and comforting arms encompassing me. “I'll be okay.”
XxXx
Sesshoumaru's P.O.V.
I watched their scene from a fair distance away, a frown marring my face. At least she's got a good support system right now and she'll be taken care of… I'd only make things worse for Rin right now.
I walk over to my locker and recall the scene from in the cafeteria. Quickly, I pick up my cell.
A deep, familiar voice answers as I speak.
“Yeah, don't finish the job—she's been tortured enough for now. We can always continue later,” he spoke to the male student on the phone.
“No problem, bro—if she fucks around with Rin again, we'll be sure to have her back.”
I feel a tiny smile creep onto my face, but I'm thankful that no one can see it. “Get Shippo and Miroku out of there, too.” I hang up the phone as he affirms my request and exit the school to head home for the day.
I'm glad that Rin has finally heard some of the truth, or so I hope, and that things might get better between us from now on.
Regardless, all that matters right now is that Rin will make it through this.
XxXx
Rin's P.O.V.
When Kagome invited me to stay at her house tonight, I couldn't help my smile.
“Sango and Ayame can stay, too, so it'll be a slumber part of sorts. We don't have school tomorrow because of the parent-teacher interviews for students that are struggling with their classes, so we should hang out tonight and have some fun at my house!” Sango and Ayame are in the washroom as we talk, and I suddenly realize how much I've missed Kagome over the past few days. I'm also relieved with the idea of having fun amongst all the angst which has happened within the last few days, so I nod my head eagerly.
“Let me just ask Ze.... I mean, Koji, if it's okay.” I almost slip up and use Mr. Taishou's name, but I manage to catch myself in time.
“I'm sure he'll be cool with it; he always has been in the past. I should stop by and say hello before we pick you up! It'd be nice to hear from him!”
My eyes widen in shock and I know I need to come up with something fast.
“Uh, he's actually got a cold right now and it's really contagious! I've been hanging out of the house a lot to keep from getting sick.” At least the second part is true…
“Oh, that's really too bad…” Kagome frowned, obviously disappointed. “Maybe when he's feeling better?”
Ayame and Sango walk over and wave their hands at us. I thank them for the welcome distraction. As Kagome fills them in, we walk together towards the stairs to go to class.
Kouga is at the top of the stars, as if waiting for me.
“Rin, can I talk to you? I'm so sorry to hear about what happened…” He really does sound apologetic, but the last thing I want to think about is what happened in the cafeteria.
“Not now, Kouga, maybe some other time,” I answer, feeling uncomfortable in his presence, not forgetting how he acted in the park the other night.
I grab Kagome's hand as she glares at him and change the subject as we pass him.
So, what movies should we rent tonight?”
I don't see the anger in his eyes as we ignore him and head to class.
XxXx
As Kikyou walked towards her car after school, she groaned. The graffiti sprayed onto all the doors, hood and trunk of the car made her slump further into depression. It looked as if it were only half finished; maybe they'd gotten caught in the middle of the act?
Either way, it didn't really matter—it wasn't nearly as bad as it could've been. At least there was some justice in the world, somewhere.
Little did she know that Sesshoumaru was the one behind it.
XxXx
Sesshoumaru's P.O.V.
It's already 6 and Rin hasn't come home yet. Maybe she's working today, or has something planned?
The last thing I want to do is ask father if he knows where she is; I don't want to seem eager. Truthfully, I'm a little worried about her.
As I pace around in my room, a knock on the door halts me in my footsteps. Is it Rin?
“Enter,” I answer stoically, as if nothing's changed with me over the past few days.
“I wanted to let you know dinner was just delivered,” my father spoke kindly to me, probably because he noticed the slight differences in my attitude.
“I forgot to mention that Rin won't be coming back tonight. She called me earlier from school and asked me if she could sleep-over at a friend's house. Some of her other friends are sleeping-over as well, I've gathered. I said as long as she didn't go out anywhere, she could stay.”
I really needed to hear this information in order to become less stressed, but at the same time I couldn't help feeling disappointed from his announcement. I nodded in reply, to show I'd been listening.
“I think she wants to head home tomorrow and pick up a few things, so you'll probably go with her,” I could tell he was trying to lighten my mood a little by telling me this, and it worked.
“Oh, and by the way, it's your favourite food tonight—pizza with extra cheese and pepperoni,” he added, smiling.
At least I could feel a little happier now, if only for a short while.
XxXx
Author's Note
Angel: Wow, a completed chapter, and in under 2 months, to boot! Holy hell boys and girls, this chapter is over 2,300 words long—the biggest chapter as of yet, I bet!
Jonathan: And the wait for each chapter is pretty long now, too. You should be less lazy…
Angel: Ah, so mean… Well, I'm looking forward to writing the next chapter for the sleep-over! That should be lots of fun! If anyone has any ideas for it, let me know and I'll try to incorporate them.
Jonathan: What you should do is incorporate some more alone time between us so we can have a sleep-over too, and then
Angel: Oh dear god, not this again…
Jonathan: What? Can't I want to spend more time with you?
Angel: -blushes- I highly doubt that you meant it innocently! You're such a piiig!
Jonathan: Only for you!
Angel: Please review after reading, and let me know what you think! I hope I can get 20 reviews again for one chapter like I did last time; that was totally awesome! A super special THANK YOU to EVERYONE that reviewed! Those reviews got me so happy when I read them! (And they still make me happy when I read them now!)
I hope to hear from you all soon!
Until Chapter Eighteen!
Sincerely,
Angel
and
Jonathan