InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Antagonists Unite ❯ Chapter Eighteen ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Antagonists Unite
By: DarkCrystalis and edited by Jon04CTSV
XxXx
Chapter Eighteen
Rin's P.O.V.
“So, I thought we'd rent Saw II and scare ourselves shitless tonight,” Kagome grinned as she spoke, showing her straight, white teeth. I was still in the process of bringing in my stuff from her car that I'd got from Sesshoumaru's earlier, but she knew I'd be happy with just about any movie. After all, it was a sleep-over at her house—how much cooler could it get?
Oh no, I don't handle scary well,” Ayame confessed as she shivered, already imagining what it would be like.
“Bring it on!” Sango cheered, patting a friendly hand on poor Ayame's shoulder. “I'll be around to comfort you during the scary parts, so don't worry! Besides, it's not too bad… it just has lots of blood, people stepping on glass, death due to gasses The fright in her eyes widened by a fraction, but it was entertaining to watch.
“Hey Kagome, where will we be sleeping?” I wasn't really sure where to put my things; I doubted that the front hallway would be a good spot for them.
“Well, let's head upstairs and I'll show you my room; it was redecorated over the summer!” As we walked in, my jaw dropped in surprise. It was beautiful; stained pine wood bureaus and a vanity set stood near the corner of her room, her walls painted a pretty cream colour to offset the objects there. Kagome's headboard was the same colour as the wood; white down comforters and pillows adorned her king-sized bed. Posters of her favourite bands hung on the walls, along with billboards full of pictures of her friends pinned onto them. A picture of the four of us from the summer was there; we were eating ice cream treats at Dairy Queen. I entered the adjoining bathroom to put away my tooth and hair brush, which was also done-up nicely; she was lucky to have such a great room.
“Why the big bed, anyway?” I couldn't help wondering aloud to her as I made my way over to them.
“Well, when I was younger, I had a lot of friends sleep-over on the weekends. Buying a king bed set was cheaper than buying a bunch of double beds. Besides, that meant we were able to talk late at night and more quietly, so we wouldn't get caught. The parents of my friends often had to work late, so my mom always let them stay here; she didn't mind one bit. Our favourite thing to do was snuggle under the covers and watch movies.” Kagome giggled at the memory and I smiled, wishing I'd had a childhood that rivaled hers.
“Okay, now that we're all settled, let's go rent that movie and grab some pizza on the way back! Nothing like a good movie and pizza.”
XxXx
Sesshoumaru's P.O.V.
Loud talking could be heard from the hallway that leads to the living room of the Taishou mansion. Four young teens sat and wolfed down pizza while watching a hockey game on TV; Shippou, Miroku, Inuyasha and Inuyasha.
“This sucks,” Miroku whined, pouting like a spoiled brat. “We should go rent a movie or do something; I can't stand hockey.”
“That's because you were forced to play in gym class back in grades 7 and 8. It wasn't that bad—I mean, you only fell on your face during a championship game in front of half the girls watching you play,” Inuyasha quipped, snickering behind his hand while he fought off Miroku's aggressive punches. “Which might explain why you don't have a girlfriend; most of the grade 8 girls from our old school came here.” At this, Miroku rolled his eyes and stopped his assault on his friend. Instead, he chose to cross his arms over his chest.
Enough,” I ground out; I became more frustrated with each passing moment. “I don't have time to listen to your shit!”
Raised eyebrows were sent over in my direction in response, but they kept their mouths shut. “I'm going out to rent a movie, I need something to keep me occupied,” I muttered as I went to get my car keys. “Who's coming?”
XxXx
Rin's P.O.V.
When we got to the video store, the four of us walked to the horror section. Lots of other horror movies were on the shelves, some old, while some were newer.
“Even the front cover looks scary!” Ayame cried as they stared at the Saw II movie preface case. “Guys, this is totally a bad idea!” In response, everyone rolled their eyes.
Sango picked up the video while patting Ayame's shoulder once more.
What's a bad idea?” A familiar voice asked as the four of them turned around.
“Inuyasha, what are you doing here?!” Kagome demanded, trying to withhold a blush.
“We're renting a movie and heading back to my brother's place… looks like you're doing the same.”
Feeling perverted, Miroku grinned devilishly. “Maybe we should all head back to Sesshoumaru's and watch a movie together. After, we could hang out and do something…” Sango scowled at him in response, although a slight pink tint on her face softened her glare.
Shippo spoke up from behind them. “I don't think I've met any of you before, my name's Shippo.” His eyes locked with Ayame's, which made her suddenly forget her fears of the movie.
We like to call him runt though, `cuz he's so short,” Inuyasha added ruefully, and grinned when Shippo sent him a cold stare.
“It's nice to meet you,” Ayame whispered and avoided looking at him as she spoke.
I noticed that Sesshoumaru was missing and couldn't help but wonder where he was. “I don't see Sesshoumaru anywhere—is he back at home?” All eyes landed on me, and suddenly I felt as though I should've just kept my mouth shut.
“No, he's waiting in the car for us, so if we don't hurry he'll have another hissy-fit,” Miroku muttered, remembering his anger from earlier.
“If you want to see him, feel free to come over to his house; in fact, all of you should. This way, only one movie has to be rented,” Shippo stated as he tried to be economical and logical.
We looked at one another, wondering if we should take their offer. It'd be nice to have a group hangout, wouldn't it?
“Well, we'll have to ask our parents first, but it should be okay, as long as we're not out too late,” Kagome said wearily, already imagining what being close to Inuyasha in his brother's house might be like.
Minutes later, they were walking out to their cars. Sesshoumaru stepped out once he spotted Rin and waved.
“Renting a movie? What a coincidence,” he purred, staring at me intently. I ignored him.
“So, are we going yet?”
XxXx
Rin's P.O.V.
Ten minutes or so later, we arrived at Sesshoumaru's mansion. I maneuvered my way into the living room, not remembering that I was supposed to pretend that I'd never been there before.
“You sure know your way around—have you been here before, little vixen?” Miroku said, being perverted as usual.
“Oh, uh, it's basic logic that…” I stuttered, but thanked god when I was saved by Zell.
Good evening, ladies, what a pleasant surprise! Welcome to the Taishou home; please make yourselves comfortable in the living room as I prepare some food for all of you. Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha, come to the kitchen and help.”
As the two of them disappeared, we wandered into the living room, admiring the huge plasma TV. There were two couches and chairs; enough room to sit about ten people. Everything was black and white—the couches were black, thick leather while the couches were white. Even the DVD player, video games consoles and other electronics were black. The walls were black, except for the wall with the TV, which was painted white. The glass coffee table was gorgeous as it sat in the middle of the room between the couches and the TV.
“Tasteful,” Miroku said as he inspected the room.
“What would you know about things being tasteful?” Sango spat, scowling at him for the second time of the night. “You're too perverted to know anything decent.”
Before he could respond, Ayame plopped down on the couch and motioned for them to sit down. “Make yourselves comfortable,” she mimicked Zell and smiled brightly. “I like what I see of this house so far; I wish mine was so nice!”
Shippo tentatively took a seat beside her while Sango sat near her on the right. Miroku then squeezed between Sango's armrest and her, then smirked when she made a sour face. “See what I mean? Pervert!”
Kagome then sat on the other couch, and I joined her. Shippo fiddled with the TV remote and tried to find a decent channel while the rest of us chatted quietly. Seconds later, our `maids' came over, bearing food and drinks on platters.
I could get used to this,” I said gleefully and watched Sesshoumaru for his reaction. He scowled at me and whispered “Don't count on it,” only for my ears. I laughed and helped myself to a piece of pizza.
“A horror movie probably isn't a good idea to watch while we're eating,” Shippo mumbled through a mouthful of pepperoni pizza. “Let's see what's on TV.” Luckily, a program called “How It's Made” was on, which showed how products, foods and other materials were put together or made. At the time, they showed how to make crayons.
“I don't know why they bother telling us they're non-toxic,” Inuyasha spoke aloud and rolled his eyes. “It's not like we're going to eat them or anything.”
Zell walked in at just that moment and grinned. “Actually, when you were little, Inuyasha, you used to try and eat them all the time, so Anya had to watch you like a hawk whenever you were colouring.”
Everyone began laughed, but the mention of Anya's name struck a chord in Sesshoumaru. “I'll be back,” he mumbled as he left the room. I sent a quizzical look towards Zell, not knowing what was going on. “Anya is Sesshoumaru's mother; she died a long time ago, but they had a close bond. When she and I went our separate ways before she died, I fell in love with Inuyasha's mother and we married. Mentioning Anya tends to bother him sometimes… He sighed and went back into the kitchen to pull out the second pizza from the oven.
“Uh, I need to go to the bathroom,” I said and excused myself. “It's down the hall and to your right,” Inuyasha called, but he probably highly doubted I was going that way.
“Sesshoumaru,” I called and ran up the stairs after him. I knew where his room was, so finding him was easy. “I didn't know about…” I paused mid-step and saw him shirtless. Words failed me and I struggled to find something to say.
“I, uh, I'm sorry, I thought…” Promptly, I turned around and waited for him to finish changing and hoped my face would cool down.
“I got pizza sauce on my shirt; I hate wearing dirty clothes,” he whispered from behind me, which had me jump a little. His voice was soft and deep and close to my ear, which made me have an unwanted reaction.
“What made you come back here?” he asked, his arms wrapping around my waist. His face was pressed into my shoulder, his hot breath giving me a tingling sensation.
“We should get back downstairs and join the others. Plus, I'm kind of hungry,” I said quickly and ran away; anything to shrug off my feelings from seconds before.
“Well well, looks like someone needed a quickie!” Miroku quipped when he noticed my red face and slightly messy hair from my run. “You wish! God, you're so corrupt! I can't even imagine where you might've gotten that from!” I sat down beside Kagome, indiscreetly watching as Inuyasha's arm went across her shoulders from the other side. He sent me a look, but I couldn't tell what he was trying to say.
Sesshoumaru came back a minute later, fresh shirt and all, but didn't glance my way. Instead, he picked up some pizza and a can of soda from the glass table. Then, he popped Saw II into the DVD player while ignoring Ayame's plead of “Please no!”
Once the movie started, he sat himself in the last free spot—beside me, of course. He took the corner spot and snuggled in to get comfortable. I inwardly sighed and already knew the things he might start to do.
This is a disaster… I couldn't help thinking to myself, but seconds later I was already thinking about the situation differently. Sesshoumaru's right arm was around my shoulders while his left hand was holding the slice of pizza. He looked at me, his golden eyes sparkling in the dim light of the room and I stared back. Neither of us said a word.
No, this is actually sort of… nice.
XxXx
IMPORTANT Author's Note!!!
Angel: Hooray, the chapter is finally done and out! I've been super-busy though, sorry guys for the long wait. I had exam week and a million assignments to do, so I've up to my eyebrows in school work…
Jonathan: Lies; if you were so busy, you wouldn't have had time to see me!
Angel: Of course I would; I always make time for my boy!
Jonathan: You'd better!
Angel: The worst part of all this is that I know the next chapter won't be out for just as long as last time (or longer) because I've got 2 huge research papers and other assignments/tests to do. I'll probably be completely done everything mid-December, but if I have time before then I'll try to update. I love to write, but my college marks are highly dependent on whether I'll get into university in January or not, so wish me luck!
Jonathan: Luck did not save you during your history test that you did so miserably on; shame on youuu!
Angel: I was under so much stress that week with two other exams! BE NICE!
Jonathan: Fine. Congratulations on getting a job -coughFINALLY-cough, you lazy bum.
Angel: Always so mean… But yeah, now that I've got a job, I'll probably be even busier with school, work and my health, which has been pretty crappy over the last 4 or more months. A super huge, MEGA thank you to ALL THE PEOPLE THAT REVIEWED! Wheeee! I got some reviews from chapter 17, and that makes me so thrilled!
Jonathan: They are dedicated to you, even when you're being a terrible author…
Angel: That's enough from you! So, please review, and tell us what you think. As hoped/expected, the fun at Sesshoumaru's will continue in the next chapter!
Thanks again, and until chapter nineteen!
Sincerely,
Angel
and
Jonathan