InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Anxiety ❯ Life goes on... ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

++Chapter 2++
++Life goes on…++
 
“Mama, I gotta get going, I'm gonna be late!” A girl shouted back over her shoulder as she ran out the door. She slapped her head as she realized she left something behind, turning around she saw her mother in the doorway holding her backpack out. She grabbed it and continued her run to school.
 
“Okay, don't learn too much.” Her mother called out. She sighed; her mother always had to add in the `don't learn too much' line, her mother was funny that way, so traditional, always doing things the same way all of her life. It was okay, but to the young eyes of Kyasha, it was boring her too death.
 
It had been fourteen whole years since she was taken from her real family. Kyasha, being so young, didn't remember the tragedy and lived her life as if she lived with the right family. She was adopted at a young age, and never knew her real family. Kyasha was a bit slow like her blood father so she never put two and two together, she was a hanyou by blood, and her family members were all humans.
 
Kyasha, now a young woman at fourteen years of age, was in high school, slowly nearing her fifteenth birthday in a few weeks. She wasn't too bright, just skimming along in her grades, very athletic, and had an overall good life in school.
 
Kyasha never had that close of a family, but it never really bugged her, she was used to it by now. Kyasha had plenty of friends, and had a few guys crushing on her.
 
She had long black hair and beautiful violet eyes. She had a secret though, that she kept from everyone but her family who already knew, Kyasha wore a special necklace around her neck that hid something…her true form, her hanyou form. In that form she had long, silver hair, golden eyes, and an attitude nobody dared to mess with, a lot like her real father, Inuyasha's.
 
Kyasha was a lot like her blood parents. She had her father's attitude, ambition, determination, stamina, hanyou blood, and his rather large temper. Kyasha was also like her mother, she had her kind heart, her eyes, she was gentle, sympathetic, and very loyal to the people she cared about. With that personality, she was an all around friendly person, but if you ever got on her bad side, you would never again.
 
“Hey Kyasha, over here!” A girl called across the street. Kyasha looked up and found where the voice was coming from; it was her best friend Kana. She had been her friend since like, grade three. Kana was always there for her and vice-versa. They met when Kyasha had gotten hurt after one of her many fights with one of the boys from class. Kana was there to help her and called a teacher over. They were really tight after that.
 
“Oh, hi Kana!” Kyasha called out as she met her at the crosswalk.
 
“Guess what? You'll never believe this.” Kana stated as they made there way across the road. Kyasha gave her friend a glare, she always hated when her friend had shared one of her `bright ideas'. The last time Kana told her one of her grand plans, Kyasha ended up scrubbing the floor of the girls' washroom; long story.
 
Kana was one of Kyasha greatest friends; she had short black hair that was always tied up in a ponytail. She was a straight `A' student and wasn't too athletic like Kyasha, even though that was the only class Kyasha got an `A' in. Kana had a good spirit, always giving her all in everything she did. Kyasha always found that inspiring, that's what made them so tight and close.
 
“I just signed us up for the upcoming play! Isn't that awesome?” Kana screamed. Kyasha froze in her step as her heart skipped a beat.
 
“What!?!” Kyasha screeched. Everyone on their side of the street had all eyes on Kyasha as she blushed and ran up to catch her friend who didn't even stop to wait.
 
“Yeah, and guess what the play's about? That old legend you and I know so well, about the Hanyou and the Priestess and their adventures back in the feudal era of Japan!” Kana explained.
 
Kyasha was still shocked at the news of her in a play; she couldn't act to save her life. Kana, last year, had signed them up for the play `Romeo and Juliet'. Due to Kyasha's amazing luck, she had ended up playing the role of Juliet. The drama teacher had a mild obsession of placing the poor hanyou girl in the leading female role. She was more of a tom boy and never really fancied dresses, but in that play, she had grown to hate them and wished they would burn in hell.
 
Kyasha was mortified when she found out about her `kiss' in the play; but, ended up making a fool of herself in the presentation when she made her way to the boy, `Romeo', and ended up tripping over her gown and falling off the stage, pulling the boy with her. The school had never left her alone about that and it still haunted her to this day.
 
“Uhhh…I'm afraid to ask, but…what parts are we playing?” Kyasha stammered.
 
“That's another awesome part, I play a young youkai exterminator, and you…you play the part of the…hanyou.” Kana stopped there, to let her friend get the gist of what she had just said. Kyasha's eyes widened, she was playing the infamous hanyou, and the main role again….wait, and she played a…guy?
 
“Kyasha….are you okay with that? Because if you don't want to be that part, then you could quit, I'd understand.” Kana explained as she waved her hand in front of her dazed friend.
 
“What are you talking about?” Kyasha said in an overly cheerful, but still creepy way. “I'll still be in the play; at least I get to be the hero.” She started to laugh.
 
Kana giggled as well, but still kept her eye on her nearly insane friend as they neared their school.
 
88888888888888888
 
Kyasha and Kana reached school. Kana looked excited for a new day, but Kyasha on the other hand, was terrified since practice for her knew part in the play started today after school. She couldn't believe that the story she had been told about so many times, was now playing at her school, and she had the leading role, the Hanyou.
 
“Hey, Kyasha!” A young man called as he neared Kyasha and Kana. Kyasha looked up and saw Atama, the most popular guy in school. He had short black hair, deep blue eyes, and a never ending self-esteem. The guy had the most biggest and known crush on Kyasha. He had been trying for years to get a date in with Kyasha, but he didn't have a clue that Kyasha didn't like him in that way. She thought of him as a friend, and since Kyasha was naïve in the `love' department, she had no clue that he liked her, liked her and that she was, in fact, leading him on.
 
“Oh, hey Atama!” Kyasha said as she closed her locker and had her gym clothes in hand.
 
“Hi, uhhh….I was wondering….are you busy Friday night?” Atama asked as he brought a hand to his head and scratched it and looked at the ground.
 
“Ummm….” Kyasha started as she was interrupted by a push from Kana and thrown into the girls' washroom.
 
“Be a sec'” Kana called out to Atama as she followed Kyasha through the door. She looked at Kyasha. “What are you thinking, you have stood him up way too many times, and you have to go out with him.”
 
“But Kana…” Kyasha said. “I'm the worst with guys, and I don't need another thing happening in my life right now, exams are coming up and now you just happen to join me into a play that I have to stay after school for until June and that cuts off another hour or so off of studying, so yeah, how am I going to have a chance at making plans?”
 
“Okay, but why don't you plan a study group with him at the library after the play practice, I heard that he plays a part in the performance as well.” Kana explained.
 
“Really? Well, I guess that would be okay…sure, I'll go tell him the news then, and we better get to gym class, or we're going to be late.” Kyasha said as she ran out the room.
 
“Oh, Yash!” Kana started. “I heard we have a new gym teacher for the rest of the year, he's covering for Mrs. Takahashi, she was in a pretty bad boating accident last week.”
 
“Oh, really? I hope he's nice.” She added as she was out the door. “Hey, Atama…”
 
“Yeah?” He asked hesitantly, hoping she was about to say `yes'.
 
“I'll go on a date with you, what do you want to do? Movies? Pizza? I was thinking about having a study group after play practice, I heard you have a part too?” Kyasha asked.
 
“Yeah, that sounds great, you have a part too, that's great. I play the young monk.” Atama stated.
 
“Cool, I play the Hanyou, ummm, I better get going, don't want to be late for gym class, see ya Friday!” Kyasha said as she took a run down the hall way to the change rooms.
 
88888888888888888
 
Kyasha waited patiently outside with the rest of her class. Everyone was talking about the new teacher taking over for Mrs. Takahashi. Kyasha had heard that the teacher was a guy, not too old, and was very good looking. Kyasha didn't really care, she didn't need a guy in her life right now; she couldn't care less about guys at the moment.
 
Footsteps got Kyasha's attention; she looked up to see their new teacher. He had long, white hair that reached his knees; it was tied back and he had golden eyes that added to his figure. The man had a dark blue cap on his head that didn't seem to match the whole ensemble, but Kyasha didn't care, she believed he was hiding something.
 
What scared her the most was that he looked really familiar. His coloring was similar to hers. But that didn't mean anything right?
 
“Hello class, my name is Mr. Izayoi, and I will be your teacher for the rest of the year, I will now take attendance.” He started naming off the names as Kana pulled Kyasha over to where she was standing.
 
“Oh my god, he's so hot.” She stated as her face was blushing all over. It made Kyasha sick to her stomach that a smart girl like Kana could be thrown off balance to a guy that she just met, and was a tad out of her range in age.
 
“He's not that special.” Kyasha mumbled. She took another glance back at the teacher as he neared her name on the list. To her surprise he paused right before it, he was probably doing a double take on it from what it looked like.
 
“Tanaka, Kyasha?” He said and looked up to find who the name belonged to.
 
“I'm here.” She said as she raised her hand up to get his attention. Mr. Izayoi froze and stared at her. Kyasha was getting a little creped out so she stood up and started to walk away and sit down at a bench. Today, they would play baseball, one of the many sports Kyasha mastered at the age of four.
 
Kyasha sighed in relief as the teacher began to continue with the names. When he was finished, he brought the class to the baseball field and began to explain how to play it.
 
Kyasha had grown bored of listening to his instructions so started she to whistle quite loudly, that made the whole class, including the teacher look at her.
 
“What?” Kyasha asked innocently.
 
“Shhh!” Kana said and turned back to the teacher and gave him a smile. Mr. Izayoi gave a sheepish smile and continued to explain the game of `baseball' to the class. Then, knowing the class was back up again, Kana turned around and hissed at Kyasha. “What are you trying to do, get on the teacher's bad side?”
 
“What are you talking about? I don't even like him, like every other girl in the school does. He's completely out of your league, and besides, there's probably a Mrs. Izayoi waiting for him at home, so I doubt he'd have an affair with her for you.” Kyasha stated coldly as she crossed her arms.
 
“Whatever Kyasha, just don't do it again.” She said as she continued to drool over the teacher, knowing full well that Kyasha was just trying to tick her off, and it was working.
 
88888888888888888
 
“Okay, Kyasha, you can do this, just get a homerun and we'll win, you're like the most athletic person I know, so you can do this.” Kyasha's friend, Ami cheered as Kyasha neared the home plate. Kyasha had decided long ago that her friends would never actually try to win a game on their own, they always dubbed Kyasha for that stupid job, though she didn't mind the glory she got most of the time.
 
“Okay, here we go.” She mumbled to herself as she readied herself for the play. She looked up to the pitcher which just happened to be the teacher. She swung the bat around a couple of times, spit on the ground and leaned on each foot to ready it. She then, glanced up and gave a nod to show she was ready.
 
“Okay, Kyasha, I'm going to give you a personal favorite of mine.” Mr. Izayoi said as he pulled his arm up and threw the ball straight for Kyasha. She took a swing at it and hit it with pure ease, as the ball went flying through the field.
 
Kyasha dropped the bat, with a wide smirk on her face, and ran for her life past first base, then second. As she neared third, someone, though she didn't know who, had finally got the ball and was headed back for the game.
 
Kyasha smiled, she knew she would make it for sure now. She ran past third base and as she was making her way to home plate, a foot landed on the plate before her as she skidded through the dirt and rocks. She looked up and saw a smiling Mr. Izayoi with the ball in his hand and the biggest smirk that reached from one ear to the other. Kyasha's jaw dropped as did everyone else's, they couldn't believe it, for the first time in a while, someone beat Kyasha to home plate.
 
`This sick teacher is probably proud of himself, for one, he beat a kid probably twenty or more years younger then him at a child's game for that matter, and secondly, how could he beat me in the first place?' Kyasha thought to her self as she stood up and looked her teacher in the eye, she would have to keep a good look out on this guy.
 
“You're pretty good, for a girl.” He said as he started to walk off. Kyasha just stood there, jaw hanging to the ground as she saw her friends, Kana and Ami come running up to her.
 
“Kyasha, are you alright? I can't believe he beat you.” They said. Kyasha shook her head, she hated being the loser, and her pride was hurt. Kyasha wasn't paying much attention; accept she heard the odd note from Kana that her gym pants were dirty.
 
“Whatever, it doesn't matter, it was a total fluke.” Kyasha said as she stalked off to the change room.
 
88888888888888888
 
Kyasha was walking out the door of the school, her head hung low. She had a hard day of school; her English teacher had given them a pop quiz that Kyasha failed with flying colors. The whole `losing baseball' hurt her pride for the rest of the day, everyone called her a poor sport, she didn't care, she was the type of girl that worked hard during gym class, though some did too, Kyasha had an amazing sense of grace as she ran, like it didn't take away any strength or energy to run a lap around the field about twenty times.
 
“Hey, Kyasha, we have play practice today, remember? We have to go and get our lines.” Kana cried out after Kyasha as she watched her friend walk out the doors of school.
 
“Oh yeah, where is that anyway?” Kyasha answered as another thing she thought was going to ruin her `oh, so perfect' day.
 
“It's on the stage outside at the back of the school. Hurry, I don't want to be late.” Kana said as she turned around and waited for Kyasha to catch up.
 
88888888888888888
 
Kyasha was walking her way home now, she had gone with Kana and got her lines for the play, Kyasha asked if she could leave home, since she wasn't feeling up to practicing. The teacher was in a good mood, much to Kyasha's relief, and let her leave early after a few speeches about the play and some of the characters. Kyasha has learned that her character had a youkai father and a human mother, making him a hanyou. The teacher had gone on and on about it, but Kyasha had muted her high, squeaky voice from her mind. She hated acting, almost more then losing any sport, maybe even more.
 
She remembered Kana joining them up for the last year's school play `Romeo and Juliet'. Kyasha, as you know, had been asked to play Juliet.
 
Kyasha never understood it at all, she sucked at acting, but the drama teacher insisted on placing her as the leading actor.
 
Kyasha was broken out of her depressing thoughts as she heard a big crash and screams coming from up the stairs she was walking past. Dropped her bag immediately, she ran up the rather large set of stairs with all her might.
 
 
 
 
There, I updated this chapter as well…I hope you like it, and I hate to say it but you guys will probably have to reread the chapters, I'm going to add a few things in each of them as well as take out a few things…
 
I'm sorry for this news but it's true, I was rereading the story myself, and found a few things that didn't go over to well with me, so I hope you guys don't hate me….
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Inuyasha® characters, the only one with that power is Rumiko Takahashi…sometimes I wish I could be her, but that dream…will never come true!!!