InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Anxiety ❯ Life’s like a Horror film… ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author's note:
This chapter is going to be like the one that just makes you want to think…ya know? Well, it adds on a whole ton of more questions for poor Kyasha, and some for Inuyasha and Kagome too. Just read and you'll realize what I'm talking about.
 
Disclaimer: I DO NOT OWN INUYASHA…but I will someday!
 
+++Chapter 6+++
++Life's like a Horror film…++
 
“Daitan…” Kyasha asked. “Are you there?” After the flash of lightening everything went black…the sky, everything, she couldn't see a thing. Not even her own hand that was not even a few inches from her face.
 
`I have to…' She thought as she pulled off her necklace. With that off, she could at least see the ground in front of her. Her hair turned to its regular silver and her eyes turned gold. Kyasha's senses grew, her sight cleared up, her hearing kicked in too, and she could have sworn she heard whispering. She looked around again to see if she could spot anything this time.
 
“Daitan? Are you there?” She cried out. `Where'd he get to?'
 
“Kyasha, I'm right here.” He said as he tugged on her jacket to get her attention.
 
“There you are…I'm glad you're okay…” Kyasha stated as she looked up to see where Kagome and Inuyasha went.
 
“Kyasha…are you a hanyou like me and Daddy?” He asked as he got a good look at her hair. “You look like Daddy now, how did you do that?”
 
“Uhhh.” Kyasha didn't know what to say, she never had many people see her in her true form, but since he was also a hanyou, she felt it was safe. “Yeah…well, I'm a hanyou, this necklace keeps it hidden and makes it look like I'm a human, and I guess you didn't see me when I got you out of the shrine, you were unconscious. I was a hanyou there too”
 
“Oh, but why do you want to hide it?” He asked. It was innocent enough, but being so young, he didn't realize that there were more problems when you were a hanyou. Humans were scared of you and other youkai and tried to kill you for being part youkai. Kyasha guessed that was because of his parents.
 
“It's just, I live with a human family, and I mostly do it to feel belonged, like I'm the same as my family, that's all.” Kyasha said, it was true, one of the reasons she kept her necklace on was to feel belonged, there weren't very much hanyous out there nowadays. But there were other reasons she could never say.
 
“Oh, well, I like you as a hanyou, you look like my Mommy.” Daitan said. Kyasha smiled, but that was changed when there was a big blast of wind blowing at them with amazing speed that almost blew them up into the air.
 
“Daitan, hold on to my hand, stay close.” Kyasha demanded. Daitan quickly grabbed onto her hand and held for dear life. Kyasha looked up to where his mother and father were. Her jaw dropped. Yeah, Inuyasha and Kagome were there, and they looked safe enough, but there was another there, his hair was silver like hers, he had cold golden eyes, and from what she could tell, he was a youkai.
 
“Daitan, do you know that man?” She asked.
 
“That's my….uncle….Sesshoumaru; he's a bad man…” Daitan explained.
 
`You mean that man is Mr. Izayoi's brother? Then why is he attacking him? Aren't they family?' Kyasha thought as she stared at the quarreling men.
 
“What are they doing?” Kyasha asked Daitan.
 
“Uncle usually comes around when there's something important he needs to tell Daddy.” Daitan explained.
 
“Oh, but why did you say that he's a bad man?” She asked.
 
“Well, my Mommy told me stories of before I was born, when Daddy and Uncle Sesshoumaru used to fight, sometimes they were both really hurt after.” He stated.
 
“Oh, so I'm guessing there not that close? That's rough…” Kyasha said. Kyasha looked at Inuyasha and his brother, Sesshoumaru. She could barely hear what they were saying, she had to get closer. “Daitan, stay here, I'll be right back.” She made sure the boy had a good grip with the tree and left for another tree that was much closer to the action.
 
“I still can't hear anything…” She mumbled to herself, but realized that it was loud enough for a youkai to hear. Sesshoumaru glanced at Kyasha and began to laugh. Kyasha gulped but then got frustrated. `Why is this guy laughing, do I look funny or something?'
 
“What the hell is your problem?” She screamed at the youkai. In a matter of seconds he was dead in front of her. She gulped loudly and took a step back. “I said…what's your….problem?”
 
“I wouldn't be talking half-breed…what makes you think that you are my equal?” He stated as he pulled out a…sword. Kyasha began to freak.
 
`Oh god, today's your day…your going to DIE!' She screamed in her mind. He pulled up his arm and was about to seeing down and split Kyasha in two, but something stopped him. Kyasha opened her eyes, which she didn't even know she had closed, and glanced up at what made the youkai falter.
 
“Inuyasha?” She asked as she saw him grab Sesshoumaru's arm to stop his attack.
 
“Leave her out of this…damnit!” Inuyasha grumbled. “Get out of here, kid.” Annoyed that she had been called a `kid', she decided to talk about that later. Kyasha stood up and ran out of the way to Kagome.
 
“Are you okay?” Kagome asked. Kyasha glanced up at her, and felt warm, like she was at home in her Mother's arms…..“Wait…`Mothers' arms? Where the hell did that come from?'
 
“Yeah, I'm fine…but, why did he just try to kill me?” Kyasha stammered.
 
“Well, he's not a very big fan of hanyou's….by the way…why did you never tell us?” Kagome asked. Kyasha completely forgot that she never had her necklace on. `Damn!'
 
“Well…I'll explain later…Watch out!” She screamed as she grabbed Kagome and leapt out of the way as a hanyou and youkai came crashing in from battle.
 
“Thanks…I owe you.” Kagome said with a smile.
 
“Don't worry about it…we need to help him…” Kyasha stated. “But how?”
 
“Where's Daitan?” Kagome yelled.
 
“He's behind that tree, he's safe for now; I'll go get him, wait here.” Kyasha ran back to the tree, on her way she stopped just in time before she ran into Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha. Inuyasha leapt out of the way of the sword but looked back to see Kyasha in target of Sesshoumaru's claw.
 
“Kyasha!” He screamed, but it was too late.
 
“Awww!” She bellowed and fell to the ground in agony. Sesshoumaru's claws had gone in deep, almost through the side of her neck and shoulder bone. Inuyasha rushed to her side, but not before he punched Sesshoumaru to the ground.
 
“Kyasha? Kyasha are you alright?” Inuyasha asked. She was out cold and losing blood fast. “Kagome, get her out of here, now!” Kagome came running up and grabbed the young girl in her arms.
 
“I'll be at Mama's….Daitan is over behind that tree, I can't bring both of them so you'll have to get him.” Kagome said as she took off in a run to her mother's apartment. “Kyasha, wake up!”
 
Kyasha mumbled. She couldn't move. The poison from Sesshoumaru's claws almost ran through her whole body. She felt numb, she couldn't move to save her life, and that's exactly what she needed to do. Kyasha's senses started to blur, she couldn't hear Kagome's words, she couldn't smell her, not even touch her now. Everything became black. Everything and everyone.
 
88888888888888888
 
`Am I dead?' Were the only words she heard as she drifted through an unconscious state. Kyasha couldn't move, her muscles ached, her breath was slow, and at times, she had stopped breathing completely.
 
A cold feeling on her head slowly brought her back to reality. Then she heard a voice, she recognized it, but couldn't put a face or name to it.
 
“Kyasha, wake up…please get up, please…” The voice pleaded as a warm feeling erupted inside Kyasha. `Whose voice is that? Where am I?'
 
“Come on, your strong, you can make it.” Another voice came, more gruff then the first, but still made her feel loved, belonged. Kyasha tried again, slowly opening her eyes, but closed them when a bright light hit her. She moaned and pulled her arm up to block it. Then she realized that she was in terrible pain and hissed as she brought her arm back down.
 
“Oh, Kyasha, are you okay?” A soft, soothing voice asked as the cold feeling came to her forehead again. Kyasha attempted to open her eyes and success; she focused her eyes on a bright object, not really bright, but shiny and reflected off the light from the light somewhere.
 
“What…happened….?” Kyasha mumbled as she tried to sit up. She hissed in pain and fell on the soft bed she had been lying on.
 
“Kyasha, don't try to get up, your wound still hasn't healed fully….” She recognized the voice.
 
“Kagome?” Kyasha asked as she rubbed her head to calm her massive headache. “Wound? How'd I get that?”
 
“Yeah, it's me, Kagome….your wound came from the attack you took from Sesshoumaru, the youkai from before, and you'll be back to normal in no time.” Kagome said with a smile. She was a professional at attending wounds, it might have had something to do with all the experience she's had with another, certain hanyou.
 
“So, you're finally up? You took a pretty harsh blow to your shoulder.” Inuyasha said as he strolled into the room Kyasha had been staying in at their apartment.
 
“Yeah, I'm feeling a lot better; I have a humongous headache though.” Kyasha explained. “Where's Daitan? Is he alright?”
 
“He's fine he's out in the living room watching TV, he can't stop talking about how you're a hanyou.” Kagome giggled. Kyasha's eyes grew to the size of plates, she hadn't realized she hadn't had her necklace on, and now everyone knew, everyone knew her secret, that she was a hanyou.
 
“You won't tell anyone will you?” Kyasha asked.
 
“What do you mean? Don't tell what?” Kagome and Inuyasha asked, not understanding what she was trying to say.
 
“Promise not to tell anyone that I'm a hanyou, that necklace that I had….actually where is it?” Kyasha asked.
 
“Your necklace? Daitan has it, he found it on the ground by the tree you were at…and thank you for watching our son for us, we really appreciate it.” Kagome stated. “I need to ask you something though, Kyasha, you don't have to answer it, but it would help a lot.” Kyasha began to worry.
 
`How hard can answering a question be? I do it all the time, unless she's asking about….' Kyasha stopped breathing her head and nodded for Kagome to continue to ask the question.
 
“Why do you wear that necklace, I understand that…it has a concealment spell, but why hide who you really are? I mean, I understand if you-.” She was cut off when she looked into Kyasha's eyes. The pained look in them almost made Kagome feel like she needed to hug the poor girl. But the question was what happened to her that made her look that way?
 
“I…I don't think….I can say, I'm sorry, I….don't want to talk about it, that's all.” Kyasha said as she found words that would stop the subject. What kept her from taking off the necklace was a fear beyond compare, a depression and suffering that would never leave her. “I don't want you guys to be offended by me not telling, but I've never really been able to tell anyone. I've never really had a reason to not take the necklace off; I've always had it on unless….I needed to be hanyou, which I haven't.” The last words Kyasha said quietly that Inuyasha could barely hear, but he did.
 
“Well, how long do you think you're going to stay here kid? I mean, you don't look that bad anymore.” Inuyasha changed the subject not wanting it to turn into a sappy moment.
 
“I don't really know, I feel a lot better, maybe tonight?” Kyasha asked. “I don't want to -`have my Mother kill me'- worry my Mother.” Kyasha stated as she thought of the punishment her Mother would give her for coming home late. Her Mother wouldn't even care that she was almost killed, her Mother only worried about the here and now.
 
“I don't think she wants you to come home half dead, why don't you stay for the night, and if you feel better Inuyasha and I will drop you off at home, okay?” Kagome reasoned, as she grabbed the cloth from Kyasha and rinsed it then replaced it on her forehead again to keep her cool. “Your fever has almost broke, you should be thankful that you have youkai blood in you, you'll be better in a few days or so.”
 
“Thank you, I really appreciate it, but I really got to be getting home, my Mother will be….worried about me.” She said as she tried sitting up. “Oh god, my head….” She said as she lay back down on the bed.
 
“You've got to stay down, you can't move unless you want to reopen your wound.” Kagome commanded in her calm tone.
 
“I can't….I have…to get home….” Kyasha said as she took in deep breaths to control the pain shooting up and down her body.
 
`It still hurts…the memory…..' Kyasha thought as the day that changed her life played in her head one more time.
 
“Kyasha!” A voice from the dark called to her. Kyasha wasn't able to call back, nothing worked.
 
`Who is that?' Kyasha wondered as she slowly opened her eyes to see her friend being held at the neck by a monster, a youkai that had attacked them. Kyasha got up and cracked her knuckles loudly to get the youkai's attention, it worked. He turned around and glared at her.
 
“Get your fuckin' hands off her!” Kyasha screamed. That was the last thing Kyasha remembered. She had blocked out everything, it felt like she was just a spectator to what was happening, she couldn't stop herself. She couldn't stop.
 
Kyasha woke up after that battle with a rather large headache. She woke up to the smell of blood, a whole lot of it. Kyasha sat up and glanced at her hands for a second, but it was enough to see what she needed to know; blood, all over her hands, drenched in it.
 
`That day…oh god, I can't tell anyone, it still hurts….' She thought.
 
“Go to sleep, Kyasha….you're safe here.” She heard those words as she dreamt of that day so many years ago. When she lost everything she could ever think of and more.