InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Anxiety ❯ Show&tell ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author's note:
I have gotten tons of reviews, and I just want to say that I love you guys, lol…you are all awesome fans, lol!
 
+++Chapter 7+++
++Show&tell++
 
“Inuyasha…” Kagome asked as she returned from putting Daitan down for his nap.
 
“Yeah, what is it?” Inuyasha asked as he pulled out of his thoughts. He had been so worried for Kyasha, there was a slight pull from his heart, he could not explain, yeah he wanted her to be okay, but he had just met the girl.
 
“I just wanted to ask you if you knew anything about that girl. There's just something about her. She is a hanyou, there aren't many of them anymore, and the same goes for youkai in general. They've almost become extinct in my time.” Kagome reasoned, but more to herself.
 
“Well, she's in my gym class that I teach now, I met her a few days ago when we played a game of baseball, I guess I kind of already knew she was a hanyou, she was really good at the game. I had a feeling that she was a hanyou, I just never knew was an Inu-hanyou as--” Inuyasha stopped talking as he slapped his neck.
 
“Nice to taste you again Lord Inuyasha.” Myouga, the flea, announced.
 
“Cut the crap Myouga, what do you want?” He grumbled. Kagome walked over and sat by her mate.
 
“I was just passing by, thought it would be a good moment to visit my old friends.” He explained. It was true he had been passing by, but he had a reason for stopping by that he couldn't say as of yet.
 
“Well hello Myouga, we haven't seen you for while, any kind of specific `hello' you would like to say.” Kagome asked.
 
“No, just wanted…to stop by…well, better get going…” Myouga said but was interrupted by a door opening. All three of them looked up to see a still injured Kyasha in the door way.
 
“Kyasha, what are you doing up? Your injuries haven't had a chance to heal yet, get back to bed before you reopened them.” Kagome stated as she stood up to help Kyasha back to her room.
 
“No, I smelled….Myouga?” Kyasha stuttered.
 
“You...know him?” Inuyasha asked as he made a face.
 
“Oh….uhhh…lady Kyasha, what brings you here.” Myouga asked; he didn't want a certain secret to get out.
 
“You know her? What gives, who do you not know?” Inuyasha grumbled as he wiped his hand over his face in exhaustion.
 
“Myouga what the hell are you doing here? You know Mr. Izayoi?” Kyasha asked as Kagome helped her over to the hammock that was placed on their balcony.
 
“Let me explain…” Myouga began, trying to find out what exactly to say to the two irritated hanyous and a curious human. “I know Lord Inuyasha for a very, very long time now; I have stood beside him almost his whole life…”
 
“Why didn't you tell me?” Kyasha interrupted.
 
“Just let me finish the `explaining' first.” Myouga demanded. “I have also known you, Kyasha, for quite a few years now, your whole life as well, but not as long as Lord Inuyasha.”
 
“How did you meet Kyasha?” Kagome asked, wanting to be in this interesting conversation.
 
“Well…uhh…” Myouga tried to find an explanation.
 
“He said I reminded him of someone he knew, that he wanted to serve me for this relation. I don't know, he made it sound like I was some kind of royalty.” Kyasha put in with a laugh. Kagome gathered the clues up in her own head as the light bulbs slowly went off.
 
“Oh…that's very interesting.” Kagome answered as she stared at Myouga who was growing very hot at the attention. “Who did she remind you of, if you don't mind me asking?”
 
“Just an old friend…is all.” Myouga stated. “I best be off, tons of things to do.”
 
“Keh, whatever…” Inuyasha said as he got up and returned to the house.
 
“Good bye Myouga, see you soon.” Kyasha addressed as she too got up and limped inside.
 
“Myouga…I know your up to something, and I'm going to find out.” Kagome left before he could comment. He gulped, knowing full well, she would.
 
88888888888888888
 
The birds were singing, the sun was shining, and it was the start to a beautiful day; a beautiful day that was starting to imitate hell for Kyasha. She had returned home after she had convinced Kagome that she was perfectly fine, that was before she fell to the ground in pain from standing to long, which made Inuyasha laugh at her and made her grumble.
 
When she had returned home, she found that her brother was making a stop here to say `hello' before leaving again to Venezuela for some more schooling. She sighed, why her mother couldn't do something like that for her, pay for her schooling, or at least pay for something, Kyasha, from day one, always had to fend for herself. She had a job from the age of 6, being her paper route that she had to get herself. She sighed again, her mother never really treated her as a daughter, being the one other person who knew Kyasha's deep dark secret of being a hanyou, she made it extra worse, since she despised youkai altogether.
 
Kyasha never understood why she was a hanyou and no one else in her family was. It made her sometimes joke around and ask `Am I adopted?' to herself, sometimes, she thought she actually was; she was nothing like her parents or anyone in her family for that matter.
 
“Who cares anyway…?” Kyasha mumbled to herself as she walked to the grocery store her mother commanded her to go to, to pick up some milk and eggs.
 
“Hey Kyasha, oh my god, I haven't seen you for while.” A friendly voice was heard, Kyasha smiled for the first time that day, she recognized to be none other then her dear, old friend Taji.
 
“Taji, time hasn't been bad to you, how have you been, how long has it been since we saw each other last?” Kyasha started.
 
“Far too long Kyasha, same to you; I've been great, just down in Tokyo visiting some family, I'm so happy I ran into you.” Taji added. She and Taji had been the best of friends in elementary school; Myouga had convinced her to stay around him, being as he was a youkai. Taji would understand her more. However, he ended up having to move to Kyoto because his father had been assigned to a new job.
 
Taji was different from her other friends, he was a youkai. He was a wolf-youkai to be more exact, though she had told him that she was a hanyou, he never treated her any less or more.
 
“I'm glad you're doing well, I was just on my way to the grocery store to pick up a few things, do you mind coming or are you too busy?” Kyasha insisted.
 
“That would be wonderful; I'd love to…so, what's new in the interesting life of Kyasha?” He asked. Kyasha laughed.
 
“Oh, not much, Kana has, once again, found a way to sign us both up for the upcoming play about the tale of the hanyou and priestess.” They both giggled, him knowing what she meant. Taji knew Kana, they were never great of friends, but they got along enough.
 
“Let me guess…you ended up getting a really important part like last time?” He asked. She nodded which added to his laughter.
 
“I don't find it all that funny.” She exclaimed.
 
“I'm…sorry, it's just you never change, it's cute.” He stated and made her blush.
 
“Keh, whatever.” She giggled. They entered the store and Kyasha walked over to the `dairy' isle.
 
“So, what are you picking up?” He asked, to begin minimal conversation once again.
 
“Oh, just some eggs and milk for mother, she wanted to make a cake of some sort for my brother when he returns for a short visit from his school.” Kyasha explained as she picked up the eggs and placed them in the basket as to not break any.
 
“I never knew he was still in school, how many more years until he officially graduates?” He asked as he handed her the milk carton he grabbed.
 
“I'm not sure, I think my mother wants to keep buying his way through school so he can live there forever.” They both laughed at her attempt of a joke. She smiled; she really missed Taji's friendliness, and caring personality. He was the only one who understood her fully. She remembered all the times she stayed or went to his house to get away from her `family'. They were inseparable, until he moved of course.
 
“Well, I'm fine with that; I never liked him all that much anyway.” They both giggled.
 
“I wish, but you know my mother, she has always chosen him to be her favorite child.” She moaned at her statement as they both walked up to the cashier.
 
“I don't believe that, you're an amazing person, Kyasha, who couldn't love and like you?” He asked as he nudged her arm to cheer her up.
 
“That's nice and all, but you know my mother as well as I do, she hates me, she wouldn't even notice if I just got up and left one day, it's the truth, and I know you know it is too.” Kyasha stated as she piled the groceries on the cashier belt. They were silent as they were both in deep thought. No one said anything until they had reached Kyasha's house, and said there good byes then parted.
 
88888888888888888
 
Kagome had been in a tired mood all day long. Inuyasha and Daitan bugged her to death about returning to the feudal era, where she was at the moment. She also felt it was time to visit old friends and such. Kagome loved to return to her old home, but it also brought back memories she'd rather forget.
 
“Auntie Kagome, will you tell Daitan that he has to play with me?” A voice broke her thoughts as she looked down to find a very cute, young girl looking up to her. She had her mother's thick hair, her father's innocent eyes, and her very own smile that made you feel warm inside. She was nearing her seventh birthday. Sango and Miroku's only daughter, she was Sango's treasure; she had always talked about wanting to have a girl. Kagome smiled knowing she had gotten her wish.
 
Kagome was sitting just outside Sango and Miroku's hut thinking about life, Inuyasha had taken Miroku on a youkai hunt, there was one attacking a nearby village, Sango had been busy with daily chores for getting ready to take there monthly visit to her home village, leaving Kagome to baby sit Daitan, Hanna, and Sango and Miroku's other child, Chansu, there twelve year old son.
 
Kagome shook her head, knowing she was asked a question as she looked into the little girl's bright, violet eyes.
 
“Well, I can't make Daitan do anything, Hanna.” Kagome stated simply, as she kneeled down to be at her level.
 
“But you're his mother, and Chansu and Daitan aren't letting me play with them.” Hanna said as she crossed her arms.
 
“Now why won't they let you play?” Kagome asked, knowing that it was probably because she was a `girl'.
 
“They said it's because girls can't play cowboys and Indians because he thinks girls never existed back then, which I know can't be possible.” She explained. Kagome had taught them all to play a few games from her time that she and Souta used to play quite a few times with their friends.
 
Kagome frowned, she always knew Hanna had a problem with playing with the boys; she never had a girl her age, roughly, to play with. This brought her back to melancholy thoughts about her own lost treasure out there in the world without her to watch her grow.
 
“Well, why don't you and I have some fun, we can play our own game that only girls can play. Is that alright with you?” She asked.
 
Just then a small faint sound came from the forest, Kagome recognized it and sighed, she wasn't in for talking to the man that was coming to see her.
 
Kouga.
 
He had married happily, to Ayame quite a few years ago and had four children, three boys and a young girl, the youngest of the siblings.
 
“Kagome!” She heard him cry out, he sounded stressed.
 
“Kouga, nice to see you again.” She said as she put a fake smile on her face that fooled him every time. “What brings you here?”
 
“I have something very important to discuss with you and mutt face…where is that dumb dog anyway?” Kouga exclaimed.
 
“Well, he's off with Miroku fighting some youkai, but I will be happy to listen to the information you have and tell him about it later, if you don't mind?” Kagome asked. Kagome looked at Hanna, which let her know it was her time to leave.
 
She skipped away heading for her mother, Sango, who was by the river washing some laundry.
 
“Well, it has come to my attention of some disturbance up in the southern mountains. I didn't know much about it, but I wanted to make sure everything around my area was secure from attack. I decided to come and tell you, lovely Kagome, about this information in order for your mutt to protect you where I cannot anymore.” He said sadly, that made Kagome smile a little, knowing he still cared for her as always.
 
“Thank you very much, Kouga, for telling us this, is that all?” Kagome asked, knowing there must have been something else on his mind.
 
“Yes, there is…” He stated.
 
The more silence that dragged on, the more nervous Kagome got about this information he wanted to share with her.
 
“What I want to tell you is that more and more I'm hearing complaints from the western lands…you see, I found out, and believe, that they have no ruler and are dieing for that power and control they most desperately need.” Kouga explained. Kagome raised an eyebrow as to exactly what Kouga was going to say next. “You know that land, correct? The land that was once ruled by the Inu taishou…Inuyasha's father…?” Kagome nodded for him to continue. “Well, Inuyasha…he is…the heir to that thrown…”
 
Kagome's jaw dropped and she felt like she had just been slapped across the face with that information. Did Inuyasha know about this information? Did he know he was the heir to the western lands, the lands that used to be his father's? If he didn't know, was he going to take control of it? Moreover, if he did, what would happen to her and his family?
 
“Kagome, I must leave now, but you must tell mutt about this…” Kouga mumbled. Kagome shook her head.
 
“O...Okay…thank you…Kouga.” Kagome whispered. “Tell Ayame and the kids I said `hi'…”
 
“I will, and you be safe yourself, okay Kagome?” Kagome nodded as she watched the wolf prince leave once again.
 
Kagome sat down and let her hands hold her head up. Did Inuyasha know this? Wasn't Sesshoumaru leader of that land though? Millions of thoughts came to Kagome's mind. How could this be? When everything was finally getting back in order after the disaster fourteen years ago, then this happens.
 
“Why now…?” Kagome whispered as she stood up and went to check on the boys.
 
 
 
 
Hi there, nice to see you…ugh, I've been so busy lately. I'm terribly sorry I haven't gotten the edited chapters up yet, but I actually just got another part time job so that's been keeping me from the computer, but I promise the edited chapters will be up and `edited' by the time school starts again, I'm sorry it's going to be that long, bit I'm leaving this weekend again, then I'm leaving in august and won't be back till the last week…so sorry!!!
 
 
Another thing I wanted to ask you people…would you be happy if I wrote a sequel. I think it'd be more about Daitan, but what do you think? I really like the idea, but I won't post it unless you guys want to read it, I'll be writing one, but if you guys want one then let me know…e-mail me at:
 
Lonely_flutterby@hotmail.com
 
 
 
Thanks for everything and all the reviews so far…
 
Inu-kag15