InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Anxiety ❯ Shoozen ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author's note:
Just want to say that the chapter where Kyasha's `real' parents come into the picture; it'll be pretty soon, but I can't tell you exactly when….lol and Kyasha's life gets a little more chaotic in the next two chapters…keep readin'! (Oh, and if you're wondering about the name of this chapter it's Japanese for `sadly or sorrow' I thought it would match this chapter pretty good.)
 
+++Chapter 10+++
++Shoozen++
 
“Kyasha, it's time to get up.” She heard a voice coming from outside the room. Kyasha slowly opened her eyes and sat up on her elbows. She had gotten back late last night; she needed her time to think and was grateful no one, like Inuyasha, followed her.
 
Before she could get up herself, she felt a couple of strong arms grab her waist, pulled up, and over someone's shoulder. Kyasha looked down and realized Inuyasha had come in and grabbed her and threw her over his shoulders and was now carrying her out of the room.
 
“Let me go, I'm awake.” She screeched to Inuyasha and he ignored her.
 
“Good morning Kyasha.” Kagome said, ignoring the fact that her mate had her on his shoulders.
 
“Let me go Inuyasha, I can get walk by myself.” She demanded.
 
“Well, if you would have woken up sooner I would have been able to do that. Eat breakfast, we have to get going, you have school and I have to be there to teach your gym class.” Inuyasha explained.
 
“What time is it?” Kyasha asked as she picked her chop sticks up and began to eat her omelet.
 
“Oh, it's now eight in the morning. You better hurry or you'll be late.” Kagome instructed as she sat down and ate as well.
 
“I forgot it was Monday….oh god, I have another dress rehearsal today, damn.” Kyasha grumbled again.
 
“Oh you're in a play? What's it about?” Kagome asked.
 
“It's about the old legend of the hanyou and priestess back in the feudal era, like five hundred years ago.” Kyasha said in between bites.
 
“Oh, that's…interesting…what part do you play?” Kagome asked, she was astonished that they would be having a play about that story, Inuyasha and her story.
 
“Oh, I ended up getting the part of the hanyou, my friend, Kana, signed me up for the play.” Kagome almost spat her food out all over the table at that comment. Kyasha didn't even notice. “Oh, I gotta stop at home and grab my school uniform if you don't mind Inuyasha?”
 
“No, not at all…it's on our way anyway.” He said as he stared at Kagome's reaction of knowing Kyasha was playing `Inuyasha' in their play. He smirked. “Let's get going then.”
 
“Oh, Inuyasha don't forget Daitan…” Kagome added.
 
“He goes to school?” Kyasha asked.
 
“Oh yeah, he loves it…he's just starting grade three.” Kagome giggled. Daitan came running around the corner in his small school uniform. It was a simple white dress shirt with black dress pants.
 
“Wait for me Papa!” He screamed as he crashed into Kyasha, making them both fall over onto the ground. Inuyasha made a small sound that sounded like `kids' and grabbed both of them under his arms.
 
Ignoring their pleads to let them go, he gave Kagome a chaste kiss on the lips and walked out the door.
 
88888888888888888
 
“I'll be right out, I have to go get changed, you can wait in here if you want, Inuyasha.” Kyasha said as she ran out of the kitchen and ran up stairs to her room to get changed into her school uniform.
 
“So, you're the one who she's been staying with?” Her mother asked as she took a sip from her coffee.
 
“Yeah, do you have a problem with that woman?” Inuyasha grumbled. He could tell Kyasha wasn't to close to this woman, but he would resist arguing with her. “She needed some care and a `family', knowing you couldn't give it to her, she stayed with us.”
 
“You know, I don't even know your name?” The woman asked. “You can't say a damn thing to me until I get a name from you, man.”
 
“My name is none of your concern….” Inuyasha pointed out. He almost laughed at how much he was starting to sound like his brother, almost.
 
“I could call social security right now; tell me your name now.” She demanded.
 
“Inuyasha.” He grumbled, he wasn't pushing her, he wasn't in the mood. The woman dropped her cup, it shattered on the ground, and her drink was oozing on the floor. “What's your problem lady?” Inuyasha shouted as he jumped from his chair at the sound.
 
“Inu…yasha? Is that what you said?” She asked, ignoring the cup at the moment.
 
“Yeah, what? You don't like my name or something?” He grumbled.
 
“It's you…your…oh god.” She stuttered. She knelt down and began cleaning up the mess she made. Kyasha came running in and stopped when she saw the scene in front of her.
 
“What the hell happened here?” She asked.
 
“Kyasha, watch your mouth, you better leave now, or you'll be late for school.” Her mother said as she dumped the broken glass pieces into the garbage can.
 
“Let's go Kyasha.” Inuyasha said as he grabbed her arm and pulled her out of the house.
 
“Let go. What's your problem?” She asked.
 
“I just don't like that woman.” He said, he pulled her onto his back and they were on their way. Kyasha's mother walked out of the house and watched the two disappear into the streets of Tokyo.
 
“She found him…but…she doesn't even know.” She mumbled to herself as she shook her head and walked back inside.
 
88888888888888888
 
“My mother…she was acting strange when I came back into the kitchen. Did you do something that made her that way, Inuyasha?” Kyasha asked as he hopped from building to building.
 
“No...She's a strange woman; she dropped her cup on the floor…” Inuyasha shook his head, she dropped the cup of coffee on the floor after he told her his name, but that couldn't have been why. Why would his name bring such a shock to the woman?
 
“Whatever, me and my mother…we were never all that close anyway, she'll get over me living with you and Kagome.” Kyasha said. “Thanks for that…” They reached the school and Inuyasha landed on the roof.
 
“No problem, Daitan loves you anyway…” Inuyasha smirked. “I guess I'll see you in gym class, I'll pick you up after your rehearsal?”
 
“Yeah, see ya then.” Kyasha said as she hopped off the school and quickly slipped on her necklace. She glanced up and saw Inuyasha watching her, he nodded and she smiled back. The school bell rang and that pulled her out of her gaze as she darted into the school.
 
“Kyasha!” Kana said as she ran up to her friend. “How are you? I haven't heard from you for awhile, what's up?”
 
“Oh, not much just had another lazy weekend.” She lied, but seriously, she would have to do some explaining if she told her that, she was staying at Mr. Izayoi's place for crying out loud.
 
“Oh, well, we have another rehearsal today, the play has been moved to this Friday, and I can't wait!” Kana screeched.
 
“I'm...me too.” Kyasha said, she was not looking forward to this, but maybe she could invite Inuyasha and his family, that would make it a bit better. Kyasha walked into the school then walked to her locker on the second floor.
 
“Kyasha, wait up! I need to ask you something.” She heard a voice behind her, and right away knew who it was. She turned around and was correct.
 
“Hey, Atama. What's up?” She asked.
 
“Oh, not much, I didn't see you this weekend, you weren't at home.” He added.
 
“Yeah, Kyasha. I called there a few times and your mother said you were visiting a relative, you never told me you were going to your aunt's?” Kana said.
 
“Well, uhhh…” Just has she was about to make up an excuse Inuyasha, or `Mr. Izayoi' walked up.
 
“Let's go kids; we don't want to be late for class now do we?” Inuyasha asked. Her friends nodded and Kana waved bye to Kyasha and they left her standing there with Inuyasha. She mouthed a `Thank you' and he nodded in acknowledgment and let Kyasha run to class.
 
“Kyasha, hi.” She was stopped before her English class door by another voice.
 
“Oh, hi Mrs.…Takahashi? I thought you wouldn't be back for the whole year? I'm guessing your visiting?” Kyasha asked.
 
“Oh no, my injury is all better, I'll be coming back today actually.” She said. Kyasha was glad about the information but then another thought came to mind.
 
“You mean Mr. Izayoi will be leaving us today as well?” Kyasha asked.
 
“Yes, he's on his way out as we speak…” And before her teacher could finish Kyasha was darting out of the school to catch up to Inuyasha.
 
“Inuyasha!” She screamed. He stopped and looked back.
 
“Kyasha…what are you doing out here? I thought you had class?” He said.
 
“You can't…you're leaving?” She asked.
 
“Yeah, it sucks but I have to; Mrs. Takahashi came back and now there's nothing keeping me here. I'm not a regular teacher.” Inuyasha said.
 
“Well, that's stupid…can I still come by and visit?” She asked.
 
“Of course, Daitan would love to see you, it's not like we have to never see you again, and you're welcome to come over anytime.” Inuyasha explained. “I better get going, you're gonna be late if you don't hurry. See ya after school, Kyasha.”
 
“Bye!” Kyasha said as she darted into the school and ran into her English class.
 
88888888888888888
 
Kagome was cleaning up after lunch, she. She had to finish, Daitan had to be picked up from school soon, and Inuyasha said he had `business' to take care of so it was all up to her. She had been sweeping the floor when she felt a pinch of some sort on her neck, she slapped it and there came Myouga falling on the counter.
 
“Good morning, lady Kagome.” Myouga said as he popped back into normal size.
 
“Hello Myouga, what brings you here?” She asked as she put away the broom and put away a few magazines on the table.
 
“Nothing…actually, I have something very important to tell you.” He stated, Kagome began to worry, what could have happened that could make Myouga so worried.
 
“Okay, please tell.” Kagome said as she sat down.
 
“Well, you know Kyasha…correct? You have become rather close to her.” He stated.
 
“Yes, she's a nice girl, very helpful, why do you ask, something didn't happen to her? I thought Inuyasha was supposed to watch her.” She began to freak out, but was calmed down by Myouga.
 
“No, no, no…nothing…'physical' happened to Kyasha, but it has to do with her and you and Inuyasha.” He began.
 
“Well, then tell me…Daitan's off of school soon and I've gotta be there.” She said.
 
“Okay, you…might not believe me, but Kyasha….she's….” Myouga said as he was interrupted by Inuyasha hopping into the balcony.
 
“Inuyasha, I thought you were at the school today? Why are you back so early?” She asked.
 
“The teacher I was subbing for came back today…what? You want to get rid of me that easily wench?” He said as he gave her a kiss and walked into the kitchen to grab some food, or being specific, ramen.
 
“No, I didn't mean it like that, I thought she was supposed to be back his summer, and miss all the rest of the year?” She stated. “Whatever…oh, Myouga what were you saying?” But when Kagome turned around, Myouga wasn't there. “Well, I guess it wasn't important as he said.”
 
“Myouga was here?” Inuyasha asked as the microwave began to heat up his meal. Kagome nodded.
 
“Yeah, he stopped by, said he had something to tell me, but when you got here he left, maybe he's getting sick of you.” She teased. “Well, I've got to go and pick up Daitan, want to come with me?”
 
“Yeah, oh and Kyasha said she's stop by here after her rehearsal, ain't no problem with you is it?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“Oh no, I love having her around, she can help me make dinner tonight if she feels up to it.” Kagome giggled.
 
“Yeah, she's a good kid. You better not pressure her into too many chores; she might not want to visit us as often.” Inuyasha smirked.
 
“Ha Yeah, Well let's get going.” Kagome said as she set grabbed her shoes and opened the door. “Are you coming?”
 
“Yeah, don't rush me.” Inuyasha said as he grabbed his mate and walked out of the apartment to pick up their son. 
 
88888888888888888
 
`What do I do…?' Kyasha thought for the one-millionth time that day. She was still confused about this whole thing about being more and more vulnerable to her youkai blood. `Maybe Myouga will have something wise to say, I need to stop at home anyway.' The sound of ambulance alarms brought Kyasha out of her thoughts as she watched them pass her by. Kyasha had a feeling in the pit of her stomach that something was telling her that something was wrong. She began to run home, hoping her intuition was wrong.
 
88888888888888888
 
Inuyasha was now on his way to meet up with Kyasha, he'd been thinking all day about nothing in particular, but he was pulled out of his thoughts when he picked up on Kyasha's scent. What got him was that he smelled fear, her fear. He began going faster and faster, he had to find out what would scare her that much. He finally caught up with her and saw her running for her life toward her home.
 
“What the hell is she doing?” he asked himself, he hopped down and landed in front of her. “What are you do--?” But he was cut off by Kyasha crashing.
 
“Watch where you're going mister…” Kyasha grunted but looked up at the person she ran into. “Inuyasha? What are you doing here?”
 
“That's what I was about to ask you…I thought you were stopping by?” He asked as he helped her up and dusted himself off.
 
“Sorry, but we've got to hurry to my house, I think something's wrong.” She said as she jumped onto Inuyasha's back and they rushed off to her home.
 
 
  ***It's a long chapter, but I had to write all this in there…and I've been getting e-mails asking why Kyasha and her `parents' aren't figuring out that they're related…well, for one, it's fun, and two I haven't found the right time for them to figure it out….it's all about timing…I've also got comments about Kyasha and her going back through the well, I can't really say but what I can say is that Kyasha's life is gonna become extremely stressful, once everything in her life is answered and she finds her real parents everything comes crashing down on her….just wait and find out what stressful decisions Kyasha and co. have to make, can't wait till I get to that part of the story, it's gonna get crazy…oh, another thing I want to say is that I want to see more reviews, I'm not gonna go on strike like some other writers but it really helps me write faster knowing that I'll get a few comments from you people, so if you have time, send me something, my e-mail is Lesa_114@hotmail.com