InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Anxiety ❯ Cries in the night ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

+++Chapter 9+++
++Cries in the night++
 
Inuyasha and Kyasha had left a few minutes ago from the house, he thought Kagome had meant they could leave right after Kyasha was done supper, but no-o-o, they had to help clean up after supper, and then Kyasha decided to be the `good girl' and help Kagome with the dishes.
 
Kyasha was now asleep on Inuyasha's back; he smiled. She was different. So passionate, kind, Daitan loved her; he couldn't stop talking about her, she had a temper, she was athletic, and well, was just overall different from any other teenager he'd met, other then when he had met Kagome, already eighteen or so years ago.
 
“Are we there yet?” Kyasha mumbled. She was slowly coming back to consciousness from her nap.
 
“Yeah, just a few more minutes…did you have a good sleep?” he asked. He felt her nod and sigh.
 
“My head still hurts and more and more lately my vision stinks…even when I'm human.” Kyasha explained.
 
“Let's just hope Sesshoumaru has some answers about that…” Inuyasha just hoped he was right about this, Sesshoumaru wasn't always the easiest to get answers out of, but Inuyasha thought `Tetsusaiga hasn't been used for a while, maybe I can change that…' He smirked.
 
“Let's cross our fingers.” Kyasha said as they reached the mansion's gates. “Wow, he's sure loaded.”
 
“Yup, and he likes to show it off just a tad.” Inuyasha said as he let Kyasha down and went over to the intercom. “I need to speak to my damn brother….let us in.” He demanded as the gates opened. “Come on, let's get this over with.”
 
Kyasha nodded, guessing the two brothers weren't all that close, remembering the battle a few days ago already. She walked right behind him, not knowing what to expect. They walked through the great doors of Lord Sesshoumaru's house and ended up in an enormous lobby that made Kyasha's mouth drop, but she fixed that when a young boy about her age walked in.
 
“What can I do for you Uncle Inuyasha?” The boy asked. Kyasha was stunned; this boy was Inuyasha's nephew? The boy was very noble looking, he had long silver hair that reached the end of his back, but what amazed Kyasha the most was his cold, calm, golden eyes that sent shivers down Kyasha's back. He looked a bit older then her, but he almost held a maturity of an adult.
 
“Yeah runt, and what have I said about calling me uncle, Takaromaru?” Inuyasha grumbled.
 
“Sorry Un- I mean Inuyasha.” He said, but glanced back at Kyasha. “And who might this be…your daughter?”
 
“No, I'm…Kyasha…Kyasha Tanaka.” She said as she was weirded out of being called her gym teacher's daughter.
 
“Oh, my mistake, nice to meet you Kyasha.” He said, as he held out a hand for her. “I see you're a hanyou.”
 
“Yeah, do you have a problem with that?” She asked in an innocent voice as she shook his hand.
 
“No, not at all.” He said with a smile over her spunkiness. “I'm sure you are here to speak with my father?”
 
“Yeah, where's that mutt of a brother of mine?” Inuyasha demanded.
 
“Oh, he's in his lobby as usual.” Takaromaru stated. “He's actually expecting you, go right in.”
 
“Come on, Kyasha.” Inuyasha said as he walked into the room, Takaromaru showed them, Kyasha was amazed at the size of this place, it was huge! She looked around the rather large lobby and spotted Sesshoumaru sitting in his black, leather chair. Sesshoumaru looked up and smiled.
 
“What is it this time Inuyasha, I see you have company.” He stated.
 
“I want to know what you did to Kyasha. She hasn't been herself lately.” Inuyasha demanded.
 
“Why I didn't do a thing, she has done this to herself.” Sesshoumaru looked at her and then back at Inuyasha.
 
“Are you saying that Kyasha made herself faint on the street? Do you seriously expect me to believe that?” Inuyasha growled.
 
“What I mean, is that she did do this to herself, but not on purpose, it is because of her mixture of both, youkai and human, blood. This mixture, like yours, is different from many; this is what caused my claws to harm her in this way.” Sesshoumaru explained.
 
“Well, can we fix it? She's getting worse and worse by the day.” Inuyasha yelled, becoming more and more irritated by his half brother's presence.
 
“This will never go away, it is permanent…” Sesshoumaru started. “But there is a way to protect her from it.”
 
“Then tell us already!” Inuyasha yelled.
 
“No need to get testy baka, I will tell you.” The older brother explained. “The poison that came from my hands, and the mixture of her blood, are causing her to become more and more vulnerable to her youkai blood.”
 
“What the hell is that supposed to mean…would you just cut the crap and tell us what's going on with her?” Inuyasha grumbled as he stepped in front of Kyasha protectively. Kyasha was so glued on to Sesshoumaru, his cold demeanor and his stoic personality made her wonder if he purposely made it that way, or if he was like the twenty four-seven.
 
“What that means, Inuyasha, is that she will be more vulnerable and it will be more easier for her to change into her youkai state, like yours, her youkai is too much for her to handle, this goes for all vile hanyous.” He added. Kyasha's expression went blank. It would be easier to change into her youkai state? Her nightmares were coming true, every one of them, her bad memories were playing repeatedly in her mind as if they were an old record player playing a broken record. Over and over again.
 
Kyasha lost it; she screamed and fell to the ground crying. Inuyasha fell to her side and lifted her up.
 
“Kyasha…Kyasha, what the hell?” he asked her as she cried and screamed.
 
“No, no, no….No!” Kyasha screamed out before passing out in Inuyasha's arms. Inuyasha was utterly stunned, he was afraid, he didn't want her to get hurt, but what the hell happened to her?
 
“What…the hell?” Inuyasha muttered, not realizing he said it out loud.
 
“It looks to me like she was suffering from some mental breakdown…maybe she should stay with you for a few days; she seems in better care with you than with her family.” Sesshoumaru stated. “I'll be leaving you now, but Inuyasha….watch her, she doesn't seem to be at her peak of health, she needs help.” Inuyasha nodded and picked Kyasha up off the ground. He darted out an open window and ran back home.
 
`Why does that baka never use doors anymore?' Sesshoumaru thought as he stood from his desk.
 
“So is she the one?” Sesshoumaru looked up and saw his son standing at the door.
 
“Yes, but we have to be careful and let the baka and his mate figure this one out on their own.” Takaromaru nodded and left the room.
 
`They better figure it out…and soon.' Takaromaru thought.
 
88888888888888888
 
`Come on Sakura, we're going to be late.' A six-year-old Kyasha called out.
 
Kyasha slowly opened her eyes to find herself in a very familiar area, but she couldn't pin point when she had ever been there.
 
`I'm coming Kyasha, wait up!' Another voice called out. Kyasha just watched the scene play out in front of her, nothing reminding her of where or when she was. The little girl that had called her name seemed so very familiar, but so distant at the same time.
 
`What are you two little girls doing out so late? Aren't your mommies worried about `cha?' That voice, the voice from her dreams…her nightmares. That voice had haunted her nightmares for as long as Kyasha could remember, but this memory or scene wasn't ringing any bells.
 
`Kyasha, who is this man?' The little girl whispered to the younger Kyasha.
 
`I don't know, but I don't think he's friendly, we better get out of here.' Kyasha whispered back to her friend. Kyasha grabbed her friends hand and started to run.
 
`No, why don't you two stay with us?' The man said, as another two men came up from behind the girls and grabbed them both.
 
`Sakura get out of here!' Kyasha screamed, but it was too late, Kyasha was hit across the head with one of the bats and knocked unconscious. When she woke up, her life would be all over in the eyes of a six year old.
 
Kyasha watched as she saw herself open her eyes slowly, and pull herself conscious as she scanned the area. Her jaw dropped. What she saw would be the thing that would shake her world, her simple world. Her friend, the only person who ever actually called Kyasha by her first name at school was sprawled on the ground, even in her human form Kyasha could tell her best friend was in fact…dead.
 
After that day, her `oh, so caring' mother sent her away to therapy, and that was where her memories came back of that day. Through therapy, she had found out that she was the one who had…killed…her friend. After she was knocked out, not even knowing it, she had reawakened in her full youkai state and killed the three men, no sweat, but when it came to her friend, she shuddered at the thought.
 
`No, no…it's not true….I couldn't…wouldn't…not her. Not Sakura.' Kyasha mumbled to herself.
 
“No!” Kyasha screamed as she sat up and was huffing and puffing from exhaustion. She was coated in her sweat her white bangs plastered to her face, and her eyes met a worried pair of chocolate brown.
 
“Kyasha, it's okay, I'm here…don't worry.” Kagome cried as she pulled Kyasha into a tight embrace. At first Kyasha was going to push her away, she never really got hugs anymore, but right when Kagome's arms wrapped around her, she couldn't help it, she held on for dear life, never wanting to let go. Kyasha lost all sense of her situation as tears poured out of her eyes. Kagome felt a warm liquid dampen her blouse, she lifted Kyasha up and saw the girl was in tears and looked terrified.
 
Kyasha didn't know what her tears were coming from. From both her nightmare and the evil thoughts that came with it, or that she had a shoulder to `cry' on now. She had never really felt that before, always holding back her tears that she felt like shedding. Kyasha never really even cried when she heard of her friend's death.
 
“Oh, Kagome, it was…awful, horrible...oh god!” Kyasha found herself saying repeatedly.
 
“It's okay now; everything is going to be fine.” Kagome tried to calm her down; she patted her back and brushed her hand through her hair, slowly but surely, Kyasha began to calm down, all that she let out were hiccups and soft sobs.
 
“Do you want to tell me what happened?” Kagome asked.
 
“I…no…my best friend…I can't, I couldn't have.” Kyasha whispered.
 
“What? What do you mean?” Kagome began to worry, when did this happen?
“It was a long time ago….” She started, but Inuyasha interrupted and walked in the room. Kyasha looked up and decided to tell them. This was going to be harder then anything she had ever been put through, but these people deserved to know.
 
“I was about eight years old…me and my best friend, Sakura her name was, were walking to a festival at our school, we met up a few blocks away…when it…happened.” Kyasha stated as another round of tears came. “There…we were…attacked by these…men, I called them beasts. They…I don't know what they wanted but…they had baseball bats, one of the guys hit me over the head with one of them…I thought I went unconscious…or maybe I did I don't even know…”Kyasha shook her head.
 
“But when…when I woke up, the men were all dead…and my friend…as soon as I looked at my friend, the memories…oh god the memories came pouring in…I had transformed…I was youkai…I killed those men, after I went unconscious, but I didn't stop there…..I….I killed…I killed my friend, my best friend!” Kyasha screamed the last part. “She didn't deserve it! I should've been the one to die, not her!”
 
“Oh, Kyasha…” Kagome stated, she was crying with her now. Inuyasha was just frozen, not showing any emotion, he just stared at the floor in front of him.
 
“After…after that I went to the hospital for a month or two, I lost so much blood when I was hit over the head, but…when I transformed, I didn't care about that, I just kept fighting…my mother sent me to therapy after that…that was when the memories came back. I was never really the same, my mother…everyone says I've become closed off from the world, like I didn't share anything, not a single thing to anybody…I just couldn't do it anymore…my friend, she was he only one who cared about me…the only one I actually told bout my true self, my cursed blood, the blood that changed me…but because of that…she paid for it…why?” Kyasha explained, but before anyone could say anything, she ran out of the room crying.
 
“Kyasha wait.” Kagome said, but was held back by a strong arm.
 
“Give her time; she needs to be alone right now.” Inuyasha said as he walked out and found that Kyasha had jumped out of the window and was now out in the town.
 
“We can't just leave her; she needs to know that we're here for her…” Kagome cried.
 
“She already knows, or she wouldn't have told us.” Inuyasha said.
 
“I hope she's alright.” Kagome pleaded.
 
88888888888888888
 
`Someone help me…please, I need help…' Kyasha thought to herself as she hopped from building to building watching the cars drive by at the bottom, she sometimes wished she were human. It would make things that much easier for her, but no, she was stuck being a hanyou for the rest of her life. She needed to get away, but there was never anyone she could turn to, usually Myouga was an okay person to talk to, her mother would just send her to therapy again if she told her that she was thinking about the `accident' again, whom could she turn to?
 
`Maybe, I already have someone to talk to…but don't want to, why do I feel like telling `them' everything, what makes them so special to me…?' Kyasha thought to herself.
 
`It's because they make you feel like your part of their family, you never felt that before, you're just a sucker for the hugs and kisses.' Her head told her. Maybe she was, maybe all it took to get on Kyasha's good side was to give her a hug, and she was all there's. She couldn't be that weak, she had to be alone, because no one ever understood her, no one.
 
`I have to be alone…I have to, even though I don't want to, I have to do it, or else, I'll lose them...I don't want to hurt anymore people that I love…no more.' Kyasha stated. The night was beautiful, the moon was out, she felt drawn to it, and maybe it was because it pretty much what controlled who she was.
 
On the night of the first quarter moon, she was officially human, a full-blooded human. On the third quarter moon, her youkai blood was stronger and harder to control, and she would need to be on the watch, since `something' was in her blood system, making it harder to control and made her more vulnerable for her transformations. She couldn't lose control; she had to be in charge. Or else, she would be the only one paying for it in the end.
 
She would just have to be careful and be aware of where she was, what she was doing, and whom she was with at that moment.
 
Maybe she could talk to Myouga; he always had a knack to know exactly what to do when it came to this kind of thing. It always amazed her at how much he knew about hanyous. Myouga had taught her everything she knew about, well herself. He was always like a father to her, taking care of her, being there to talk to, and just being there when she needed someone to talk to that would actually understand what she was getting at. Yeah, Myouga had to know what she had to do…he just had to.
 
_________________________________________________________________ _______
 
 
 
This chapter is a bit depressing, but you know the saying `It gets worse before it gets better…' and I believe it, my mother used to always say that when we were cleaning up the house and the house became a total disaster as we cleaned. Don't worry, Kyasha will be happy in the end and maybe even find her mate, you never know now a days, But to let you all know, I am a sucker for the happy conclusions…LoL!
 
88888888888888888
 
There, another chapter edited…I'm really working my butt off now, getting down and dirty with the chapters…haha, nice my jokes are becoming lame…ugh!
 
 
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Inuyasha characters; the only person with that title is Rumiko Takahashi. However, I do own Kyasha, Daitan, Hanna, and Chansu; they are my creation and if any of you ever decide to use one of them, I'm the person to talk to, or deal with if you kidnap one of them…but you wouldn't no that now, would you? *Grabs a knife and holds it behind her back*