InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Anxiety ❯ Encounter ( Chapter 23 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

++Chapter 22++
++Encounter++
 
“I can walk you know?” Kyasha growled, Kooketsu and she had been walking all day now, or more to say, he had been walking the whole day. Kooketsu refused every time Kyasha asked if she could walk. They had been arguing all day now.
 
“I know, I just want to carry you, is that a problem? You're a weak human now, and I want to take care of you.” Kooketsu could just picture the pout on the hanyou-now-human's face. He smiled.
 
`He wants to take care of me? Why?' Kyasha thought.
 
“Let me down now! I'm human not disabled.” She demanded.
 
“What are you going to do about it?” He smirked. She hit him across the head making him lose his balance as they both came crashing down on the ground. Kooketsu opened his eyes and saw Kyasha's face in front of his. She was lying on top of him; he couldn't help the blush the crept up his face. She still had her eyes closed, thank Kami.
 
“Kyasha?” He asked.
 
“Yeah?”
 
“You can, get off of…me now.” He knew that's why she wasn't opening her eyes; she had a huge blush on her face.
 
“Oh, right…sorry.” Kyasha mumbled as she helped him up and sat up herself. There hands lingered before they finally let go.
 
“Why'd you do that anyway?”
 
“I had to; it was the only thing I could do to get you to let me walk.” She grumbled.
 
“Whatever, let's just get going.” He picked her up and ignored her cussing as he started to run into the forest more.
 
88888888888888888
 
“Inuyasha, can you still smell her?” Miroku asked.
 
“What am I your dog now?” He grumbled.
 
“You know I don't think of you like that friend.” He said in a huge smile on his face.
 
“Feh, whatever. Kyasha's moving a lot faster, but…how? She doesn't have her youkai, she's a human…” It was his worst nightmare, he had smelled another youkai with her, and now that scent was all over his daughter. `Kyasha…please be safe.' He grabbed the monk and ran after Kyasha.
 
88888888888888888
 
“Come on, it's been like…four hours.” Kyasha grumbled. Kooketsu hadn't put her down and her butt was getting soar.
 
“Were almost there.”
 
“What? Almost where? Where are we going?”
 
“Could you just stop with the questions and trust me.” Kyasha blushed, of course she trusted him, he had been protecting her for the past few days.
 
“Okay…” She mumbled. Kooketsu pushed through a bush and Kyasha looked around the clearing. It was amazing, a small lake/beach setting with the sunset in the background.
 
“It's beautiful…but why did you bring me here?” Kyasha asked.
 
“I…I come here to think…it was like my own personal spot where I could relax.” Kooketsu had no clue why he was blushing, but he was.
 
“It's so--” Just then a loud growl that even her human ears could here was coming from behind them. Turning around her eyes widened. “Papa!” She called as she ran to him, but his growling caught her off guard, looking to where he was growling she saw Kooketsu.
 
“What did I say about staying away from my daughter?” Inuyasha managed to get out of his growling.
 
“Papa, he saved me several times, he was the one who brought me here, he protected me being human and all, don't hurt him please.” Kyasha cried.
 
“Inuyasha, you're being a baka again, aren't you even listening to your daughter?” Miroku came up and hit the hanyou over the head with his staff.
 
“Fuck off Monk.” Inuyasha grumbled.
 
“Miroku, where's Sango?” Kyasha asked. She walked up and stood in front of Kooketsu so her father wouldn't have the urge to attack him.
 
“She's back with the Daitan, Hanna, and Chansu.” He said.
 
“Come on Kyasha; let's go get your mother.” Kyasha sighed, that was why she was out here in the middle of the woods anyway.
 
“I…I…can't go with you.” Kyasha whimpered.
 
“You what?” Inuyasha looked at her.
 
“It's my fault, I…I can't…Mama wouldn't be gone if it wasn't for me.” Kyasha mumbled, surprisingly, Kooketsu put his hand on her shoulder. But Inuyasha growled, making Kooketsu take it off again, but it was enough, she smiled back at him before looking back at her father.
 
“Kyasha, you know that's not true…what exactly happened that night?” Miroku asked.
 
“I…I was in the woods…I heard Mama scream, I ran to her but when I got there a youkai was about to fly away with her…I was about to go get her but then this other youkai came up from behind me and grabbed my shoulders…I slowly felt weaker and weaker, I thought it was just my imagination but my senses dulled as well…the youkai left me and flew after the youkai with Mama then everything went black…that's all I remember.” Kyasha mumbled. Kooketsu sighed.
 
“It seems that what attacked you two were two moth youkai. They have the abilities to steal and copy abilities…I'm guessing that that is what they did to Kyasha.” Miroku stated.
 
“But why would they need my abilities?” Kyasha asked.
 
“That's what I want to know, hanyou abilities are great, but not as powerful as full youkai power would be…they must be up to something.”
 
“Well, let's stop yapping and get Kagome back and Kyasha's powers.” Inuyasha grumbled, he started walking away, but then turned around to see Kyasha. “Kyasha, come on.”
 
She sighed, looking at Kooketsu, he nodded, understanding that he couldn't come.
 
“Bye Kooketsu.” She whispered, following her father and Miroku into the woods. Kooketsu stood there watching the figures leave.
 
“Good bye Kyasha.” He whispered as he decided to go back home.
 
88888888888888888
 
“Papa, why couldn't Kooketsu come with us?” Kyasha grumbled as she rode on her father's back.
 
“I told you already, I want you to stay away from Kouga and his pup, he's nothing but bad news…” Inuyasha was getting ticked off as she pressed the issue. `She's too much like her mother…' He sighed. He missed Kagome; they had to get her back.
 
“Inuyasha, have you picked up on her scent yet?” Miroku asked. He shook his head `no'.
 
“Can we stop for camp, we've been traveling all day and it's dark out now.” Kyasha asked. He sighed. They slowed down and started to set up camp. Miroku left without a word, nodding to Inuyasha to let him know where he was going.
 
“Kyasha…”
 
“Yeah?” She said as she looked at her father.
 
“That night, when your mother was kidnapped, we need all the information you have to get her back….can you tell us?” He asked. Kyasha lowered her head down to her chest; she hated remembering this night, the night she lost her mother and a part of her self, her hanyou self.
 
“Okay…I was in the forest, that night…I heard Mama cry out for help, I ran to her but when I got there a youkai was already holding her…”
 
“What did this youkai look like?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“He had giant black wings, like an eagle….but he had no beak, just a normal human face…oh, and he was about as tall as you…” Inuyasha nodded for her to continue her story. “Anyway…I was about to get Mama when a youkai grabbed me from behind…I felt faint and then I remember seeing Mama fly off with the youkai then just….black.” She sighed. Memories of that night played over and over in her head, she hated this; it was all her fault that her mother was kidnapped, if she hadn't been in the forest in depressed mode then her Mama would be here with her right now.
 
“I'm just going to go take bath if you don't mind…” Inuyasha nodded as he watched Kyasha walked into the forest towards the river not too far away. Miroku came back with a load of wood.
 
“So, did you get anything else out of her?” He asked.
 
“She really feels like this is all her fault…:” He sighed.
 
“She's almost worse then you.” Miroku smirked; his smile was replaced with a frown as he got a look at the sad hanyou sitting across from him. “They'll both be fine, we'll get Kyasha's youkai back and rescue Kagome, don't worry so much.”
 
“But you didn't see her…she's really beating herself up about this, and it's not helping when she lost her youkai.” Inuyasha grumbled as he got up and hopped into a tree. Miroku sighed. `Kyasha's just like him…he needs to talk to her.' He sighed again; chances of that happening were one in a million.
 
88888888888888888
 
Kyasha sat next to the river bank thinking. She decided, when she reached the river, that she wasn't in the mood for a bath, but knowing that no one would bug her, thinking that she was taking a bath, she decided to think about her life now.
 
“Ow!” She slapped her neck as a little parasite fell to the ground.
 
“Kyasha, you are human. Your blood has changed. Why is that?” Myouga said as he recuperated.
 
“I don't want to talk about it.” She mumbled as she lowered her head into her lap.
 
“Kyasha, why are you traveling with your father and Miroku?”
 
“Mama…she's gone…and it's all my fault. Some moth youkai took my youki.” Myouga nodded, that explained it.
 
“Do you know yet, what youkai did this to you?” He asked. She shook her head `yes'.
 
“A moth youkai. But what I don't get is why would they take a hanyou youki…? It's not as powerful as youkai's youki, right?” Kyasha was confused.
 
“Yes, but they must need it specifically for something, or else, your correct if it was just for power they would most certainly go after a fill-fledged youkai.”
 
“Myouga?”
 
“Yes, Kyasha?”
 
“I've always wanted to know…why did you never bring me to Mama and Papa, I mean, I've known you forever and you never once said I was in the wrong family, how come?” Kyasha waited, this had always bothered her.
 
“Let's head back to camp; I think your father needs to hear this as well…” Kyasha nodded, but began to worry a little, what was so important that Inuyasha had to hear as well.
 
88888888888888888
 
“You're back.” Miroku said as he saw Kyasha walk back in. “Myouga too?”
 
“Yeah, where's Papa?” Kyasha asked. Inuyasha hopped down. “Oh there you are.” She sat down and Myouga hopped down.
 
“What's Myouga doing here?” He asked.
 
“I'm here to tell you something.” Inuyasha sat down as waited.
 
“Kyasha has been wondering for awhile about why I never told you or Lady Kagome about where she was or telling her about your whereabouts.”
 
“So why?” Inuyasha wanted to know but was getting aggravated at how long it was taking.
 
“She wasn't able to get through the well either…”
 
“Yes, it all began fifteen years ago, when Kyasha was born…”
 
 
 
Here's another chapter, hope ya like it! R&R tons for more tidbits, etc.
 
~*~
 
Thanks for the reviews from:
Love-a-lot
Virgo
 
~*~
 
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Inuyasha characters, anime of manga. Rumiko Takahashi does and I'm glad she had the imagination to create such amazing characters to play with.