InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Anxiety ❯ Powerless ( Chapter 22 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Last episode:
It was already getting late, Kyasha watched the sun go down, it calmed her in a way she never knew it could. He turned around and tried to find the moon, but…there was no moon.
 
++Chapter 21++
++Powerless++
 
Kagome and Inuyasha sat inside the hut, waiting for Kyasha to get back. Many hours passed and they becoming worried. Just then, Inuyasha heard a pulse.
 
`Not now…' He growled. His hair turned from silver to a coal black. Glancing at his nails as they retracted, all of his senses dulled to human.
 
“Fuck.” He said out loud, gaining Kagome's attention; she had just been looking outside the hut for any signs of their daughter. Everyone else had packed up earlier and were all sleeping.
 
“I forgot the new moon….” Kagome whispered.
 
“Why tonight?” He grumbled.
 
“I'll go look for Kyasha, you wait right here.” Kagome sighed. Getting up she felt a hand on hers.
 
“Be careful, I…I can't…I can't protect you on these nights.” Kagome gave him a smile and hugged him to let him know she understood. He hugged back; pulling away she left after their daughter.
 
88888888888888888
 
`Damn, I can't believe…why? I thought I wouldn't do that again…' Kyasha had been depressed all day, nothing could make it worse.
 
`You didn't hurt Mama, and that's all that matters right now, you have to cut yourself some slack, you can't force yourself not to get cornered and scared…'
 
`Come on, if Papa didn't come in at that moment I could've….I could have…' Kyasha couldn't finish her thought.
 
“Kyasha!” She jumped down from the tree, recognizing who was calling her. `Mama.' She started walking over to her, but stopped when she heard a scream. She ran for her life, she just hoped she'd get to her Mother before she was hurt.
 
88888888888888888
 
“Kyasha!” Kagome called out, she had left the hut, and was now in the middle of the forest looking for her daughter. `Where is she?' She asked herself, but just then, something grabbed on to her. She screamed like there was no tomorrow.
 
“I'd advise you to be quiet…we wouldn't want to hurt you now, would we?” The youkai asked her as he pulled her into his arms. `What's happening, someone….please, save me.' Just then Kyasha cam running through the forest.
 
“Let go of her!” She shouted.
 
“You again…I've got something just for you, now!” He shouted. Kyasha didn't have enough time, she was pulled into someone's arms and slowly she felt overwhelmed with a heat, coursing through her body. She began to feel light headed and was about to nod off.
 
“Kyasha…let go of her!” Kagome screamed. Kyasha looked up and saw her mother flying off with the youkai.
 
“Mother!” Kyasha cried, feeling too weak to do anything.
 
“There, all done…see ya!” The youkai called, he started to follow the other youkai. `He thinks he can just get away.' Kyasha thought. She took a leap, but something was different. Taking another leap, she began to feel light headed again, slowly falling to the ground.
 
“Mama…” She mumbled as she fell under the spell.
 
88888888888888888
 
“Kyasha…god, Kyasha wake up!” She was slowly coming to. Slowly.
 
“Sango?” She asked.
 
“Thanks god, you're awake…” She mumbled. “Kyasha…are you okay?” Her voice was kind of stuttering, but why?
 
“I'm fine…why? Where am I?” Kyasha opened her eyes; it was still dark out.
 
“Well, you're…human.” She stated. Kyasha's eyes doubled in size, she was what?
 
“But it isn't…the quarter moon… what the hell?” Kyasha was freaking out.
 
“I don't know, but you're a human, I found you unconscious in the forest.” Sango paused. “You…you were mumbling about something…I couldn't quite get it, but…Kagome…your mother…she's...she's gone.” Kyasha felt like dieing there, her mother was gone. Then memories of last night came back to her. The two youkai from before, feeling light headed, and then black.
 
“Where's Papa?” Kyasha whispered.
 
“Miroku has him, he's still human tonight, so he had to tie him down to make him stay and keep from going.” Sango mumbled; she wanted her friend back.
 
“Oh…it's my entire fault!” Kyasha cried.
 
“It's not your fault.” Sango didn't know what to do, she had never dealt with a crying hanyou before, Daitan was a different story, Inuyasha never cried, only once, but that only lasted for two seconds, this was going to be harder then it looked.
 
“Sango…I'll be right back.” She whispered. Kyasha walked out of the hut, Sango did as she wished and didn't follow. `I have to go save her; this is all my fault…'
 
`But you are human...you can't do anything even if you wanted to…' Kyasha sighed, she had to anyway, and it was her fault her mother wasn't there with her. It was always her fault, and she wanted to fix it this time.
 
88888888888888888
 
“Inuyasha you need to stay calm, it's almost morning, and you need to be patient.” Miroku stated.
 
“Shut up, monk…get me out of this thing…fuck, Kagome's probably getting farther away and all you can do is watch me struggle and wait till morning...Let me out!” Inuyasha growled.
 
“Be--” Miroku was cut off when Sango came running in panting. “Sango what's wrong?”
 
“Kyasha…she's…gone!” Sango shouted. “I left her to think, she was blubbering about it all being her fault and when I went to find her, I couldn't, I think…I think she went to get Kagome.”
 
“She can take care of--” Miroku tried to calm her down.
 
“That's the problem; she won't be able to…”
 
“Why?” Both men asked.
 
“Somehow, one of the youkai that attacked her and Kagome sucked out her youkai, she's completely human just like you and me, no traces of being a hanyou…that's why!” Both men showed different amounts of shock.
 
“How? When? You mean you didn't tell me my own daughter was there when Kagome was kidnapped…I…get me out now!” Inuyasha growled, he was beyond pissed right now.
 
“Inuyasha, please, just wait till the sun rises, and then we can go after both, Kyasha and Kagome. They couldn't have gotten far…” They decided to leave, not wanting to deal with an overly pissed hanyou.
 
“Kagome…Kyasha….please…stay safe….” Inuyasha whispered as he began to try and get out of the numerous amounts of ropes.
 
88888888888888888
 
`Bored as hell here…' A young wolf youkai thought. Kooketsu was on another round around the, soon-to-be his, lands. He was getting rather bored so he decided to daydream while he looked out for any youkai in the neighborhood.
 
`So…what to think about…'
 
`How about that hanyou you met the other day?' He asked himself.
 
`Wait…why? She was annoying…and don't forget to add rude to the list of compliments while were at it…'
 
`Come on, she was cute…don't tell me you didn't think so, it was written all over your face…'
 
`She was….a tiny bit, but why do I wanna think about that…that…mutt?'
 
`Don't call her a mutt…find a better name for her if you're not going to call her by her real name…'
 
`What is her real name?'
 
`You are hopeless…you're thinking about her and you don't know her name…'
 
`What!? I am not thinking about her…'
 
`Yes…you are, right as we speak.' Kooketsu sighed. He couldn't get his mind off that nameless hanyou.
 
“Come out, I know you're there!” Kyasha demanded, she didn't expect for the thing to come out, but a tall, young man walked out.
 
“You don't need to do anything; I'm not here to beat you up…” The boy calmly stated with his hands up in a jokingly state of defense.
 
“Keh, whatever, what do you want anyway?” Kyasha grumbled.
 
“You're that dog's daughter, are you not?” He asked.
 
“Yeah, who wants to know?”
 
“Me, my name is Kooketsu…” The boy said.
 
“Noble? You've got to be kidding me?” Kyasha giggled.
 
“Shove it; I don't want to here to from a wimpy inu-hanyou like yourself.” Kooketsu growled.
 
“You think you could take me?” She asked.
 
“I could, and I could wipe the floor with you…” Kooketsu declared.
 
“What makes you think you could beat me?”
 
“You haven't met my father then, have you?” He asked. She gave him a confused look.
 
“Who, your fighting skills have nothing to do with your father…only if he taught you, of course.” Kyasha asked.
 
There meeting wasn't the best, but she put up a fight. If only he could see her again. Kooketsu was pulled out of his thoughts when he smelled a human. Looking to his left he got a glimpse of a human alright. Something about her seemed so familiar. He walked over to get a better look. It was a girl, a girl with long black hair and deep violet eyes. Her scent was familiar too.
 
`It can't be…but, I thought she was a hanyou….she's a human' He shook his head, it was her. But how? `Where's she going?'
 
`Follow her…if she's a human, she won't smell you, she can't even hear you, and you're making some racket.'
 
`Shut up.' He huffed. But, he didn't notice that he had been following her, and wasn't about to leave her side.
 
88888888888888888
 
`I have no clue where I'm going…let's just face it, I'm lost.' Kyasha sighed, she had been traveling forever, and she had no clue where to go now. `Without my youkai powers I'm a walking target, but what next?' She looked around and saw a good place to camp, she sighed again and began to get some wood for the fire.
 
`This is weird, there haven't been any youkai around here, or they would've attacked me…I'm just glad, but why wouldn't they attack?' She shook her head as she saw a spark for the fire, sitting back she gaze into the blaze as she tried to figure out what to do next.
 
She felt alone. This was the longest time she had ever actually been away from people she knew and loved. She missed her mother, father, and even Daitan. She just hoped she didn't have to go through this anymore. But she had to fix her own problem, she had to. Kyasha sighed; she had been doing that all day. Glancing at the sun set, she slowly fell asleep.
 
88888888888888888
 
`Why?' Was all Kooketsu kept asking himself as he would kill the youkai that came after Kyasha. He had no clue what the answer was but it kept him thinking while he protectively watched over the hanyou-now-human. `I can't keep doing this, I should've been back at the cave already…' He sighed as he watched the girl make camp.
 
He settled down in a tree over her head. Taking a deep breath, her scent intoxicated him, soothed him and removed his stress. What was it about this girl that made him….care?
 
Kooketsu was really questioning this girl, but stayed and watched over her while she fell asleep. In his opinion, she was just a walking jigsaw puzzle.
 
“Good night…mutt.” He whispered as he too, fell asleep. He still didn't know her name.
 
88888888888888888
 
“Inuyasha, where exactly are we going?” Miroku asked as he ran with Inuyasha.
 
“Where do you think, we're finding Kyasha first then going after Kagome.” He growled. Inuyasha wasn't very happy about this whole thing. Miroku and Sango had taken the ropes off just before the sun came up. Sango decided to stay back and watch Hanna, Chansu, and Daitan while Miroku tagged along with Inuyasha.
 
“I can still smell her, she didn't get too far, but if we slow down her scent will vanish, it's going to start raining soon.” Inuyasha stated as he got a good look at the dark clouds coming over head.
 
“Do you think that spell Sango was talking about is gone yet?” Miroku asked.
 
“No, her scent, it's human alright…” Inuyasha added. `But there's another scent with hers…another youkai…Kyasha, be safe.' They continued running as the sun set.
 
88888888888888888
 
`I got no sleep last night….so cold.' Kyasha thought as she started to leave the camp. She had realized that she should've made a stop at Grandma's. Now that she was a human, she felt every temperature drop, and it was getting closer to December, and winter.
 
`I just want to get this over with!' Her mind screamed as she sneezed again. She wasn't too fond of getting colds, mostly because she never got them in the first place, being a hanyou, normally.
 
`I hear…water?' She asked as she neared a small clearing. She was right, there was a small hot spring just sitting there. `Oh my god, kami has answered my prayers.' She giggled.
 
She started to strip and dipped in the water. `Ah, this is the life.' Kyasha sighed as the warm water hit her body, steaming and relaxing her aching muscles. The warmth was making her nose run, and after a long walk like she had done, it felt ten times better then it was supposed to. Her muscles ached, and not having her hanyou abilities was really affecting her.
 
`Life doesn't get any better then this….' She sighed again. Her smile turned into a frown. `I shouldn't be doing this…Mama's kidnapped, Papa's probably pissed at me, and I'm human, I'm not even sure if I'm ever going to be a hanyou ever again…' She sighed, deciding to finish her relaxing bath; she dived under the water and washed all the dirt and grime from the past few days.
 
88888888888888888
 
`I had the best sleep of my whole life…Ahh.' Kooketsu sighed. He did, he had been sleeping like a baby, until he didn't smell Kyasha's scent. Her scent alone had the power to intoxicate him, and lull him into a sense of peace. He sighed again. Trailing a little bit behind Kyasha, he followed her scent and waited to watch for any youkai ready to attack.
 
He reared up next to Kyasha and watched as she walked into a small clearing. He didn't know where she was headed so he hopped into the trees, following her until she reached a small spring.
 
Not catching on to what she was about to do, he watched her. His jaw dropped, she was taking of her clothes, right there in front of him. `She doesn't know you're watching, so stop watching…' It didn't matter what he said to himself, he just couldn't take his eyes off her.
 
Kyasha tossed her shirt onto the pile of clothes and crawled into the water. Her skin was ivory, smooth, and gentle. Kooketsu fell into a daze watching her bob in an out of the water, finally settling along the side and he didn't miss her small, relaxed, sigh. He sighed as well.
 
`You're a pervert, you know that right?' He asked himself. He shook his head, not wanting to ruin this moment for him. Yeah, he was being a pervert, but if no one knew, it wouldn't hurt anyone, right?
 
As he was about to breath in her aroma she dived into the water. Waiting for her to come up, to see her beauty, but…nothing happened, nothing came up, no Kyasha was reappearing from the surface. Kooketsu was getting worried, thinking of what to do, instinct came, hopping out of the tree he made his way to the hot spring. Kooketsu dived in and saw her, floating around in the water. He reached in and pulled her out, he sighed in relief, she was still breathing.
 
“You pervert!” Kyasha screamed as she slapping Kooketsu across the face.
 
88888888888888888
 
“You didn't have to slap me across the face…” Kooketsu grumbled for the hundredth time. They were both sitting around a small fire Kooketsu had made while he waited for Kyasha to get dressed.
 
“Excuse me, but you're the one who was spying on me while I had my bath.” Kyasha huffed. `I can't believe this guy; he doesn't take the blame for anything, does he? I mean, he saw me naked for crying out loud…' “How long were you watching me for?” Kyasha just had to know.
 
“I just came by…I wasn't even there long…and I already told you, I was trying to save you.” Kooketsu explained.
 
“Oh sure, save me from what? The bubble monster or something?” Kyasha huffed.
 
“No…I…I thought you were drowning…” Kooketsu whispered. Kyasha stared at him for a minute. One minute this guy was a total pain, and the next he was blushing and saving you from, what he thought was, drowning.
 
“I'm….I'm sorry…and thank you for…saving me.” Kyasha stared at the ground; she stole a glance at the youkai across from her. He was blushing and smiling. `I don't get him…' But she couldn't help but smile too.
 
“So…where are you going anyway? You've been heading in this direction for a day or two now.” He mumbled. She gawked, and how did he know that?
 
“I thought you said you weren't following me…” Kyasha said in a matter of fact tone.
 
“I…uhh…err…that is…I…okay, okay, I was following you, but what do you expect, you're a weak human now.” Kooketsu stuttered.
 
“Why?” Kyasha asked. “Why did you follow me? You probably had way better things you could have been doing…” Kyasha mumbled.
 
He shrugged. `You'd be surprised at the other stuff I have to do…I'm the heir to the northern wolf tribe, I have to be prepared, or so my father says. I just thought that…well, you needed…some protection, you're human…and while we're on that subject, why are you human? That last time we met, you were a hanyou.”
 
“Long story…a youkai some how, was able to literally, suck out, my youkai. Only leaving my human, causing me to turn into my human state, I'm after that youkai to get it back, and to get my mother back as well.” She knew she'd regret telling him about her mother, it still hurt to talk about, that it was all her fault, she felt the sting of tears coming.
 
“You mean, the youkai kidnapped your mother?” He smelled her tears. Instinct told him to calm her, make her relax and hold her in his arms, but his mind was telling him other wise.
 
 
`You can't…remember, father said your mate must be youkai…and why does this subject come up, you shouldn't and don't like this girl. Get it together and get out of there.' He couldn't do it, he shook his head and found himself sitting beside the quietly sobbing girl.
 
“Are….are you okay?” Kooketsu asked, but wasn't expecting the warm feeling, looking down; Kyasha was rapped around him and a tight hug. He found himself moving his arms around her and rubbing her back to stop her from crying. “It's okay; I'll help you get your mother back…okay? Please, stop crying.” Her sobs slowly stopped.
 
“Thank you…Kooketsu, I mean, you don't have to help…I'm only in the way, I have to dot his myself, and it was my fault in the first place.” Kyasha whimpered as she wiped her eyes, not letting go of the boy.
_________________________________________________________________ _______
 
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Inuyasha characters, anime of manga. Rumiko Takahashi does and I'm glad she had the imagination to create such amazing characters to play with.