InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Anxiety ❯ Miko ( Chapter 21 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

++Chapter 20++
++Miko++
 
`I've gotta make my choice…come on Kyasha, get it over with…' She shook her head thinking that would help with her decision. No such luck. `Maybe I should just flip a coin…'
 
“I knew you'd be here.” A voice stated. Kyasha looked back and saw Kagome standing there with her hands on her hips. “Are you going to come down and get me?” She giggled. Kyasha sighed and jumped down. Picking up her mother, she hopped up back to where she was in the tree she had been sitting in for hours now. “So, what are you thinking about?”
 
“I'm not thinking about anything…what makes you think that?” Kyasha stuttered.
 
“Don't lie to me, you're too much like your father to just come and sit in a tree and not think about something, so fess up.”
 
“Fine…I was…I was just thinking about becoming the Lady of the Western lands and my big decision…that's all.” Kyasha sighed. They both sat there in silence.
 
“So, you heard us last night?” Kyasha was caught off by her question, but sighed again and nodded.
 
“Just to let you know, we're all behind you in this choice, your father is, Daitan, and me also…we believe you can make the right decision, choose what you want to do.” Kagome whispered. Kyasha nodded, but stopped as her ears perked up. “Kyasha, what's wrong?” Kagome asked.
 
“That's exactly what Papa said…” Kyasha mumbled.
 
“Well, your father is right.” Kagome grinned.
 
“We better get back…” Was all she said as she grabbed Kagome and jumped off the tree. She did not waste anytime as she ran back to the hut.
 
“Kyasha, what did you hear?” Kagome didn't have to finish, she sensed it, an evil youkai coming in their direction.
 
“Mama, you need to run back to the village and get Sango.” Kyasha said as she put Kagome down.
 
“No, I am not leaving you here, you're my daughter.” Kagome stated. But before Kyasha could say anything, the youkai appeared.
 
“Mama, please, get out of here.” Kyasha demanded, as she got ready to take on the youkai.
 
“N--” Kagome was cut off when something cold and wet grabbed her from behind her. “Kyasha!” Kyasha looked back and saw another youkai grabbing on to her. How come she didn't smell him? Then Kyasha got a look at how wet he was, the water would do it.
 
“Mama!” Kyasha began to run after the youkai who had a good gripped on Kagome.
 
“Come one step closer and I ring her neck.” The youkai said as he held a clawed hand up to her neck. Before Kyasha could do anything about it, she was knocked out by a giant tail.
 
“Stand down hanyou…you cannot defeat us.” Said the first youkai.
 
“Yeah right, like I'd surrender to you.” Kyasha grumbled as she stood up.
 
“Ha, you make me laugh…” The youkai chuckled. Kyasha started to growl. Kagome was watching her daughter, but then something got her attention, her sword…it was gone, and she didn't have it.
 
“Kyasha, get back to the village!” Kagome cried, but she was too late, the youkai had cornered her and was about to kick her when Kagome heard her scream.
 
“The little hanyou doesn't like losing…Ha.” The youkai stated.
 
Kagome's eyes grew wide as she watched Kyasha hunch over and begin to growl.
 
“Kyasha!” Kagome couldn't help the tears the racked up. Her daughter needed help, and fast. Kyasha's growls became louder as her claws and teeth grew. Her aura was sparking everywhere, Kagome noticed.
 
`Why would it do that?' She asked herself. `Why is it taking so long? Is…is she fighting it?' Kagome could only hope.
 
“Kyasha, fight it! You've gotta make it, please!” Kagome cried out over and over again. The youkai was about to grab her, but just as his hand made it to the small barrier Kyasha had created he jumped back in pain.
 
“You damn hanyou, you will pay for that.” It screamed. `Inuyasha was never able to create barriers…why can his daughter?' Kagome was completely confused at this. Just then Kyasha let out another scream as she finally finished her transformation.
 
“Die hanyou!” The youkai cried out but was surprised when Kyasha jumped up and, with her claws, cut off the youkai's head, killing it instantly. Kagome gasped as she watched Kyasha move closer to her and the other youkai, and she was…laughing?
 
“Get…get away from me!” The youkai stuttered as he watched the hanyou walked closer and closer. Kyasha reached the youkai and rose up her claws. Kagome flinched, awaiting the attack coming from her own daughter, knowing that nothing was going to stop her from attacking her own flesh and blood, but the attack never came. Kagome looked up and saw her daughter fighting it, fighting her youkai blood.
 
“Kyasha…” Kagome whispered. By this time the youkai was long gone, leaving Kagome on the ground at mercy to her youkai daughter.
 
“Kyasha!” A voice called. Kagome looked up and saw Inuyasha and Miroku coming.
 
“Inuyasha!” Kagome cried. Kyasha was slowly raising her hand further, obviously losing the battle within her.
 
“Kyasha stop!” Inuyasha cried out again as he made his way to his daughter. Knowing what was going on, he grabbed her hand just before she brought it down. This making the youkai Kyasha very angry.
 
“Inuyasha, she's fighting it…she fighting her youkai blood.” Kagome said as Miroku came and grabbed her to bring her back to the village.
 
Inuyasha heard her before she and Miroku were gone.
 
“You're fighting it huh? Do it. Show me you can do it, Kyasha…” Inuyasha mumbled. Kyasha let out a yell of pain and she fell to the ground and grabbed her head in agony, fighting the pain and battle against her youkai blood. Inuyasha stood there, watching his daughter fight it, knowing he couldn't help her.
 
`How can she fight it? I didn't even know what was happening…' Inuyasha was puzzled. But was shaken from his thoughts as he saw Kyasha stand and growl, he realized she hadn't won the battle. Stepping back he watched her turn around to him.
 
“Kyasha…” He whispered.
 
She growled again and jumped at him. Inuyasha dodged it and began to run in the opposite direction of the village.
 
88888888888888888
 
“Miroku…she…it was different.” Kagome said as they made their way back to the village to safety.
 
“What was different?” Miroku asked.
 
“Her transformation, it took a lot longer than usual…it seemed she had been fighting her youkai blood the whole time.” Kagome whispered, she needed to know why she was still able to fight it, in the past, Inuyasha was never actually capable to fight it, and it was with the help of Kagome's assistance that brought him back to his senses. How could Kyasha do that by herself?
 
“I believe she has you to thank for that.” Miroku smiled. Kagome gave him a `please explain' kind of look. “Okay, remember how you brought Inuyasha brought…you used your Miko powers, and since Kyasha is your daughter, she must have inherited enough of that power, but obviously not enough for her to not change completely.”
 
“Wow, I never thought about that…I just hope she's safe.” She whispered the last part to herself. She glanced back at the forest, hoping her daughter and mate were alright.
 
88888888888888888
 
“Kyasha! Snap out of it!” Inuyasha called back as he ran above the trees, just above Kyasha. She had been going non stop, never quitting, she actually got Inuyasha a few times, one time in the chest where he was losing quite a bit of blood. She just kept at it, and if Inuyasha didn't think of something fast, he wasn't going to make it.
 
He thought back to the times when he was brought back, it was either Kagome's miko powers or the rosary, but he had neither of those at the moment. He just had to keep going until she got tired or he did, he was hoping for the latter one.
 
`I've gotta think of something, or I'm toast…damn, where is that hell necklace when you need it.' He growled. But then, the idea came to him. He stopped running and hopped behind Kyasha. Just as she was turning around he whacked her across her neck, knocking her into a temporary unconscious state. `Now why didn't I think of that earlier?' Just then, the loss of blood got to him and Inuyasha fell to his knees becoming weaker by the second. They were too far from the village to make it there by foot.
 
“Inuyasha!” He looked up and saw Sango riding Kirara coming to them.
 
“Sango, down here.” He shouted back.
 
“Inuyasha, are you all right?” She asked, spotting the blood covered haori.
 
“Don't worry about…me; just get her out of here.” Inuyasha grumbled as he stood up. Sango nodded and picked the girl up and heaved her up onto Kirara.
 
“Come on, get on.” Sango instructed. She helped him get up and then sat in between the weak hanyou and the unconscious one. “What happened?” She asked as Kirara took off.
 
“I'll tell you…when we get back to the hut, I just need to rest.” Inuyasha mumbled.
 
`It must be bad if he tells me he needs rest…' Sango told herself.
 
“Okay, but you're expected to give a full explanation when we get back.” He felt him nod.
 
88888888888888888
 
“So, what you're saying is that it's possible for Daitan to have more miko powers than Kyasha?” Kagome asked Miroku as they sat in the hut. They had reached the hut and told Sango everything, Miroku then told her to get Kirara and go to get Inuyasha and Kyasha. She left roughly ten minutes ago, Miroku was using all the tricks in the book to get Kagome to relax, talking about something always worked, right?
 
“Yes, Daitan has never come close to transforming, even in tight situations. I believe Daitan is more like you, Kagome, and Kyasha is more like her father.” Miroku explained.
 
“That does explain a lot, Daitan hasn't transformed, but he is young.”
 
“Yes, but he has come in to some pretty close situations that even Inuyasha would have transformed into his youkai if he were in.” Miroku commented. Kagome nodded.
 
“Kagome, Miroku!” Sango called from outside. They both ran out and were surprised to see Inuyasha and Kyasha sleeping on Kirara's back. “It was the most uncomfortable ride I have ever experienced on Kirara; I never want to be near another sleeping hanyou again.” Sango grumbled. Kagome let out a gasp as she saw how much blood Inuyasha had lost.
 
“Sango, get Kyasha into the hut, Kagome and I'll check on Inuyasha, make sure she has no injuries.” Sango nodded as she piggy-backed the girl into the hut.
 
“Miroku, get me my first-aid kit.” Kagome asked Miroku. He ran back into the hut and grabbed it. Bringing it back to Kagome, he got a good look at Inuyasha's chest wound. It was pretty deep, but not as bad as some of his other wounds he had received in plenty of his other battles.
 
“How does it look?” He asked.
 
“It's pretty deep…she got him pretty good.” Kagome said. Miroku nodded, even though she couldn't see him.
 
“I'll go check on Kyasha.” Kagome nodded as she started to bandage Inuyasha.
 
“Sango? How does she look?” Miroku asked.
 
“She doesn't have any wounds, just a few bruises where Inuyasha obviously hit her to knock her out.” They both sat there and stared at the young hanyou.
 
“I was talking to Kagome, she said that Kyasha looked like she was putting up a very good fight against her youkai blood, she didn't transform as fast as Inuyasha has in the past. We were talking and we both believe it's because she has inherited enough miko blood to put up a fight against transforming, though not enough to stop it.” Sango was staring at Miroku the nodded.
 
“It explains some of what Kagome was going on about.” They both sat there in silence. Kagome walked in.
 
“How is he?” Miroku asked.
 
“He's fine, still sleeping…how's Kyasha?” he hesitated.
 
“Oh she's fine, no wounds, just bumps and bruises, they'll be gone before tomorrow morning.” Sango added. Kagome sighed in relief. “She put up a pretty good fight with Inuyasha, when I got there, he looked exhausted.”
 
They all nodded, everyone was silent. Two hanyous down, and so many questions to ask them, time would only tell.
 
88888888888888888
 
`Oh god…what happened to me?' A voice came through the blackness. It felt like hell. Nothing. That's all she could see. Kyasha tried to pull herself out of her unconscious state. Her senses came back to her, one at a time. Finally, she had the energy to open her eyelids and look at her surroundings.
 
`Where am I?' She asked herself as she looked around the small hut she was now in. `How long have I been out?' She caught a glimpse of the door, it was light out, looked like the middle of the afternoon.
 
“Kyasha?” A low voice asked before a figure came in the door way. The curtain swung open to show a worried looking hanyou. “You're awake…” Inuyasha whispered. Kyasha nodded, but stopped when she felt a head ache coming on. She moaned in pain and her father was by her side in an instant. The problem was he reopened some of his wounds to get to her so fast. Inuyasha had been nagged by everyone that day to keep it easy, he ignored them as usual.
 
“I smell….blood? Are you alright Papa?” Kyasha hesitantly asked.
 
“It's nothing…how are your wounds?” He tired to change the subject, knowing it was useless when she got her stubborn gene from her Mother and her hanyou sense of smell from him.
 
“No, I smell a lot, it's not okay, let me look at it.” Kyasha stubbornly pushed. Trying to sit up she was pushed down by a pair of strong arms.
 
“No, you're my priority now, lie down and get some shut eye.” Inuyasha demanded. `Why was Inuyasha being all protective, and what did he say earlier about wounds?' The words he had said hit her like a ton of bricks.
 
“Papa, what happened? Why am I lying in bed while you have a deep gash in your chest?” She didn't miss the fleeting glimpse of fear in his eyes, but that was replaced by sympathy.
 
“Kyasha…I…you…” He couldn't bring himself to say it. He already knew how much it hurt coming that close to killing the ones you loved, he never wanted anyone, especially his family, to live through it.
 
“What?” Kyasha was getting impatient. Something happened and she wanted to know.
 
“You transformed, Okay? You were attacked by two youkai with your mother and you transformed.” Inuyasha winced when he looked into her eyes. Slowly they turned from confusion to sadness and into a state of loneliness. “Ky--”
 
“I gotta go for a…sec'.” Kyasha stood up and walked outside to think. But a thought came to mind. “Did I…did I hurt….Mama?”
 
“No…” Inuyasha whispered. Then she was gone. At first he wanted to go after her, but then he remembered back when he changed, he felt so alone in the world, afraid that you could kill someone that you loved. She just needed sometime.
 
“Inuyasha, where's Kyasha?” Kagome asked.
 
“She's out in the forest…thinking. She needs some time to herself.” Kagome nodded.
 
“I hope she's okay.” They both nodded.
 
88888888888888888
 
Kyasha ran into the woods, ignoring the pain coming from her wounds, hoping she could get some distance between her and her family and friends; the people she would die, if she hurt or injured.
 
`Why? Why would I change now?' Kyasha asked herself when she jumped into a nearby tree to think. `How did it happen?' It was already getting late, Kyasha watched the sun go down, it calmed her in a way she never knew it could. She turned around and tried to find the moon, but…there was no moon.
 
 
 
Hi there, I decided to go all out and edit so I got them all done in one night. I hope you like the newly updated version of my story. Tomorrow I'll begin to write more onto the story, it shouldn't be too much longer but there are a few things that still need to be written so be patient.
 
~*~
 
Thanks for the reviews:
ErinPoncho
jay2005
Inulvr
Kuramas gurl
Ehu
tail_concerto  
butterfli_kissez  
NyteAngelOfDarkness7
lynnie1_23 
Going-SuperNova 
Inu-geri
 Reke 
EquineBabe
prinsess_serenity59
Lackofname  
Jason C
Sesshomarus_girl
 
In addition, if I have forgotten anyone, please tell me and I will add you on the list if you want to be special as well…
 
~*~
 
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Inuyasha characters, anime of manga. Rumiko Takahashi does and I'm glad she had the imagination to create such amazing characters to play with.