InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Anxiety ❯ Akari no Kurai ( Chapter 15 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

+++Chapter 15+++
++Akari no Kurai++
 
“A sword?” Inuyasha asked. Then memories played back from the night when he found out Kyasha was his daughter.
 
“Sesshoumaru, what do you want?” Inuyasha growled.
 
“I'm here to see my niece.” Sesshoumaru said with a smirk. Inuyasha mumbled something but he didn't hear it. “By the way…I'm guessing she tried transforming?”
 
“What's it to you?” Inuyasha said.
 
“Well, I'm here to explain why that it is…that her blood is stronger, more specifically her youkai blood.” Sesshoumaru stated calmly.
 
“Well, what is it? What do you know?” Inuyasha yelled.
 
“Patience Inuyasha, what I want to say is important, I'm having Myouga do something about this, but nothing has happened yet.” Sesshoumaru glanced up at the moon that was just coming up, but then something caught his nose. He looked down, and so did Inuyasha. They both were shocked to see Kyasha changing, her hair turned black, her claws and fangs vanished and her scent changed, Inuyasha's doubts about being related to the girl were changed, her scent changed to be identical to Kagome's as her human form showed.
 
“So, her night of vulnerability…is on the night of the first quarter moon.” Sesshoumaru stated.
 
“What were you going to say…about Kyasha's blood?” Inuyasha said, changing the subject.
 
“Yes, what I was going to say was, when I attacked Kyasha instead of you, by accident, I transferred some of my blood into hers. Therefore, mixing our blood.” He added. “Her youkai blood is now stronger because of it, and now that it is, she is more vulnerable to her own youkai blood.”
 
“So, is there anything we can do to reverse it?” Inuyasha asked, obviously in deep thought.
 
“No, it's irreversible, but that's what Myouga's trying to do, he's talking to Totosai and try to make another sword, like yours, that will protect her from this.” He informed. Sesshoumaru stood up and got ready to go. “I need you to bring me the girl after she's been told who exactly she is; you need to tell her who you really are.” And then with that, he was gone, leaving a bored hanyou sitting there waiting for his daughter to wake up.
 
Was this the sword Sesshoumaru was talking about?
 
“Why did you guys get me a sword?” Kyasha asked.
 
“Well, it's a very complicated story, but all you need to know is never let go of that sword. Keep it with you wherever you go.” Myouga informed.
 
“Why though?” Kyasha was a bit scared. “What about if I go to school?”
 
“There shouldn't be anything there that will…oh never mind, yes school is fine to not bring there.”
 
“Okay?” She didn't get this, but who cares, she had a very real sword at her disposal now.
 
“Akari no Kurai.” Sesshoumaru stated.
 
“What?” Inuyasha and Kyasha asked in unison.
 
“Akari no Kurai. The name of the sword.”
 
“Light and dark? Cool.” Kyasha mumbled.
 
Inuyasha still didn't understand this, something wasn't adding up in his mind.
 
“Is this sword like mine? Transforming and shit like that?” He asked.
 
“Good question, yes. Kyasha if you could please stand over here.” Myouga instructed. Kyasha walked over and stood in front of a large target, maybe for archery. “Now, Kyasha…”
 
“Yeah?”
 
“I need you to think of the happiest thing you can think of, maybe even `someone' but think of the happiest thing you can, something that made you feel loved and cared for.”
 
“I hate going down memory lane….” She mumbled as she closed her eyes and started to sift through all her memories and experiences that she had gone through. She found it, the happiest thing she could think of,
 
It had been one of those days. Inuyasha was adding things to the growing list of her training tasks, Kagome went back home, Daitan stayed and played with Chansu and Hanna. It was a basic day in the eyes of Kyasha.
 
That didn't make it a happy day though. This was one of her hardest training days in a while. Kyasha was now hacking down trees for firewood. Her back was killing her, and the wood seemed to be getting thicker and thicker the more she chopped it.
 
“Kyasha!” The hanyou looked up and saw Chansu running towards her.
 
“Yeah, what is it?” She asked as she brushed off the growing sweat off her brow.
 
“I…I found this…I thought you…might like it.” He mumbled. Kyasha was about to ask what he was talking about but stopped when she saw him pull out a small flower. Looking up at Chansu, she saw the blush rising on his face.
 
“You don't have to use me as practice…” Kyasha stated with a smile.
 
“What?”
 
“I said you don't have to use me, a girl, as practice. I know you have another girl on your mind…I mean, come on! We're practically cousins…” Kyasha laughed.
 
“But…how'd you know?” He asked.
 
“I know these things…I may be dense sometimes, but I'm a girl, we girls know these kind of things…” Kyasha giggled.
 
“Umm…could…could you help me?”
 
`He is nothing like his father…' Kyasha thought. “Sure, I'll help, just as soon as you start helping me bring this firewood back to the hut.” In addition, with a giggle, Chansu helped her carry the logs back.
 
The rest of the day, Kyasha followed the boy and taught him the way of `women'.
 
“Got it.” She mumbled to herself as she started actually feeling happier. Her smile flinched when she felt a pulse come from…somewhere.
 
She opened her eyes to find that she wasn't holding her sword anymore. Another, larger sword now occupied Kyasha's hands.
 
“How?” She asked.
 
“You have activated your sword, practice and it will come to you sooner.” Myouga smiled. Kyasha stared, wide eyed, at the sword. Akari no Kurai.
 
“What do you mean activate it? You're acting as if this isn't any ordinary sword…obviously it isn't, explain.” Kyasha demanded.
 
“Well, like your father, your body is filled with half human, and half youkai blood,” Myouga started. “This sword helps keep your youkai blood at bay, preventing you from transforming.”
 
“Wow…really?” Kyasha felt like this was now her happiest moment. “Thank you…thank you so much.” Then she started running and jumping for joy, no doubt, throwing her sword around like nothing was around her to be broken.
 
“At least she has matters, Myouga has taught her well, for a flea.” Sesshoumaru stated.
 
“What the hell is that supposed to mean?” Inuyasha growled.
 
88888888888888888
 
“So you mean your dad and…my dad, used to `hate' each other back in the day?” Kyasha asked again.
 
“Yes, but obviously they've come up with some sort of alliance.” Takaromaru stated.
 
Kyasha had been put to training with her new birthday present. She was already tired, but she kept going. Sesshoumaru, Inuyasha, and even Myouga all helped her. Now she could finally transform it under twenty seconds. They Inuyasha ended up leaving, saying something about staying around a bastard too long can't be good for your health, and then he was off.
 
Now she was drinking tea and talking about the past and other odd memories with her, now official, cousin, Takaromaru.
 
“Well, I better get going; Papa didn't want me to stay too long.” She smiled.
 
“Okay, we should do this more often.” He stated. “I'll see you soon.”
 
Kyasha smiled again and grabbed her sheath. Waving goodbye, she ran out the doors and hopped from rooftop to rooftop, heading for the Higurashi shrine.
 
_________________________________________________________________ _______
 
Hi again, I am finally back and eager to get back to work on this story. You've probably noticed that you seen me taking down stories and such. Well, it is going to be a surprised, I will be editing those too, but not until this is done. Oh, and while I was gone, I planned the rest of the story, so now there is going to be no such thing as `writer's block'. LoL
 
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Inuyasha characters.