InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Anxiety ❯ Heir ( Chapter 16 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

++Chapter 15++
++Heir++
 
“Mama?” Kagome heard a voice call to her. It was very faint, almost a whisper. “Mama, are you awake?” Kagome recognized the voice and woke up instantly. She looked around and there was Kyasha, sitting there at the edge of the bed, scared at how fast her mother sat up.
 
“Kyasha….when did you get back?” She asked, wanting some answers.
 
“Just a few minutes ago, Dad's out in the kitchen if you want me to go get him…” Kyasha started to get up, but Kagome grabbed her hand to stop her.
 
“I want to hear what happened, I want you to tell me…” Kagome asked. Kyasha nodded silently, and sat back down. Kyasha looked at her hands in her lap.
 
“Well, you already know me and Papa went to Uncle Sesshoumaru's, right?” Kagome nodded. “Myouga was there also.
 
“Oh, why did you guys head over there anyway?” Kagome asked.
 
“Actually, we went over there because Uncle and Myouga had gotten me a present.” Kyasha smiled and lifted up her new toy.
 
“Why would they get you a sword?” Kagome gasped. She wasn't too impressed.
 
“Well maybe you should talk with Papa on that one; I'm still not a hundred percent on how it all worked out…” Kagome got up and followed Kyasha out into the kitchen.
 
88888888888888888
 
“So that's where you went? To your brother's?” Souta asked Inuyasha.
 
“Yeah, he had a present for Kyasha.” He responded.
 
“Why couldn't Kagome come, if it's just an innocent present?” Souta asked.
 
“Inuyasha…” Everyone glanced up to see Kagome standing there.
 
“You're awake dear.” Mrs. Higurashi said.
 
“Yeah, Kyasha came to wake me.” She said, without removing her eyes from her mate. “Inuyasha, I need to talk to you.” Kyasha gulped and gave a look to Souta, they both left the room, pushing Mrs. Higurashi out on the way.
 
“What are you two up to?” Mrs. Higurashi asked.
 
“Mama and Papa need to talk, it might get ugly, that's all.” Kyasha explained.
 
They all nodded in agreement.
 
88888888888888888
 
“You mean…” Kagome trailed off. Inuyasha nodded. “So the sword she has, she can't be away from it, like you had to…?” Inuyasha nodded again then looked away.
 
“Akari no Kurai…” Inuyasha mumbled.
 
“What?” Kagome asked.
 
“Akari no Kurai…the name of her sword.” He informed. Kagome made an `o' shape with her mouth and nodded in understanding.
 
“I see.” Kagome added. “I'm guessing she already knows all this…” Kagome trailed off as she turned into the house. She felt a hand on her shoulder; she turned around to see a very worried Inuyasha.
 
“We should head back now. I told Miroku and Sango we wouldn't be too long this time.” Kagome nodded.
 
“Alright, let's get the kids and head out.
 
“Mama?!” Kagome and Inuyasha turned to see Kyasha standing at the door, her shirt in tatters.
 
“Oh kami, what happened?” Kagome asked as they both ran over to the girl.
 
“Daitan thought it would be funny if I have an orange juice bath.” Kyasha growled. “I need to stop at…home, for some clothes, can we?”
 
“Yeah, let's hurry. Your father wants to leave right away.” Kagome giggled.
 
88888888888888888
 
“Hello?” Kyasha asked as she slowly opened the door. “Anybody home?” No sound was made; she heard nothing. She walked inside, she didn't have to ask to come in, and this was still her house, right? But why was she feeling like she was intruding, or out of place in this home. The one she used to call home.
 
“Kyasha, what are you doing here?” She heard a voice come from the kitchen. She turned around and faced a woman; she let her eyes adjust to the light then let out a gasp. It was her adopted mother, sitting at the table, but what shocked Kyasha more was it looked like she had never really left that room or did anything of any kind. Her eyes were groggy from a lack of sleep, her mouth was set in a frown, and her clothes were dingy, looking like she never changed her clothes anymore.
 
“Ma—I mean Susan?” She didn't know what to call her, she ended up calling her by her real name, though it felt odd and she definitely didn't miss the slight pained look in the woman's eyes.
 
“What are you doing here?” She asked again with more anger in her voice.
 
“I was just coming to pick up some of my stuff, that's all. Are you feeling okay? Do you want anything before I leave?” She asked. Susan looked horrible, her eyes were baggy, she hadn't had a bath ever since she came back from the hospital a few days ago, Kyasha had come to visit and tell her she would be moving in with her new parents. That conversation was the most uncomfortable one she had ever been through.
 
“Mama…I…my parents…” Kyasha stumbled with words; she didn't know how to say this. Inuyasha and Kagome sat in the living room, waiting for her to come get them, they knew she needed time with her adopted mother to set things right.
 
“Kyasha, you don't have to say anything, I know you want to move in with them, I just want to let you know that the family you're now leaving has given you everything you ever needed, and now your real parents come into the picture and you're head over heals into moving in with them.” She stated. Kyasha was shocked that those words had come out of her mouth, this woman used to be so kind, she had been there for her so many times. Even if she hated youkai and despised Kyasha for it, she was never this cruel to her before.
 
“Excuse me, but you and Rien were never there, Papa was out on business trips so he has a bad excuse. You wouldn't come up to my room and wake me up if I slept in, you'd let me fall behind in school, even if you got a call saying I have slipped, when Papa's here he only sleeps, Rien, nice brother he is, doesn't even add my name in his letter saying a nice `hi'. None of you have ever truly cared for me, so why should I stay, these parents of mine actually wake me up, even in the weekend, they play games with me, my new father understands me for being a hanyou because he is on. You people were jumping for joy when I received that concealment necklace to hide my form, thinking I would be an embarrassment to the family. In my words you were never there for me, so don't even say it.” Kyasha explained as she stormed out the of the room and packed some of her things grabbed her parents and was out the door without as much as a `goodbye'.
 
“Oh, well…are your `parents' here?” She asked in a disgusted tone. Kyasha snorted.
 
“No, they're outside waiting for me though.” She stated acting like it was a threat to make sure her mother didn't do anything stupid.
 
“So, that's it, your just going to leave us….? Seeing as you're here to get your things.” She asked.
 
“I said before that I'm not leaving, I'm just going to live with my real parents, and I never said I wouldn't visit if you wanted me to.” She explained.
 
“That's just a nice way of putting it.” Susan said blankly as she took a sip of coffee.
 
“Whatever.” She said as she left the room for her own room.
 
“Kyasha, you can't push us away, you've lived under this roof for your whole life…” She had caught up to Kyasha. Kyasha turned around to let the woman finish but was surprised to feel a palm slap across her face. Kyasha was in awe, did this woman dare to slap her, when she was a hanyou, of remarkable strength, this woman was already ticked her off.
 
“How dare you…” Kyasha said as she pulled her hand back only to have someone grab if from behind her. She turned around to see Inuyasha standing there with her hand in his. “Let me go, I'm teaching this bitch a lesson.” She grumbled.
 
“Let me handle this.” He answered. He let her hand go and she nodded and walked upstairs. He had seen the whole thing; from the point when that woman had caught up to, Kyasha until Kyasha had her fist raised to pound the living hell out of her, which he would have let her do if Kagome wasn't still sitting outside. “Since when do you think you have the right to hit my daughter, bitch?” He asked.
 
“Don't you dare talk to me that way, you hanyou, you're just like her, and your dirty blood. Get out of my house now!” She demanded. It took every bone in Inuyasha's body to keep from letting this woman see the light of a new day.
 
“You have no right to talk to me that way, or anyone, you have nothing against me, I haven't done a single thing to you, but that could change, I'd shut your trap if you know what's good for ya, woman.” Inuyasha said bluntly. He turned around and walked up to Kyasha's bedroom. As he reached the top of the stairs, he smelt the salt of tears. He reached her room and realized she was crying. “Kyasha, what's wrong?” He hated when someone he loved cried.
 
“She…she called you…worthless…I'm so, so sorry….so sorry.” Kyasha said, she had heard what Susan had said about her and Inuyasha, but it hurt more to hear it said to his face, he was her father, just like her, whatever he was called, it hurt her as well. He wrapped his arms around her.
 
“Kyasha, she's just a lonely woman, scared of losing something else, just ignore her, I have. She can't hurt you, your stronger then that.” Inuyasha explained.
 
“It's still hurts though….”She said as her sobs and hiccups slowed down. “Can we leave now?” She asked. Inuyasha nodded.
 
“Your mother and Daitan are still outside, let's get going.” He answered her. He picked up her backpack and they walked down the stairs and out the door, not saying anything to the woman they knew to be in the kitchen.
 
88888888888888888
 
“Awww, the air smells great!” Kagome called out as Inuyasha hopped out with her in his arms. Kyasha and Daitan were already playing of `tag', Daitan's request. Kagome smiled, her family was now complete. She had her husband and mate, her son, and now her daughter. Life was sweet at that moment.
 
“Kagome…get back.” Inuyasha said. He pushed Kagome back. Kyasha and Daitan stopped playing, as they smelt the stench also. “Come out…I know your there.”
 
“Hey, Dog shit. You better be taking care of my woman.” He said as he ran up to them.
 
“Kouga, nice to see you again.” Kagome said as she smiled sheepishly. Inuyasha growled.
 
“Get lost ass wipe or I'll have to reacquaint you with an old friend of mine.” He said as he reached his hand to his sheath on his waist.
 
“I haven't come to fight mutt face; I'm here to ask if you have made your decision yet?” He asked, holding his hands up in defense.
 
“Decision for what?” Inuyasha said.
 
“You mean you haven't told him?” He asked Kagome. Inuyasha glanced at Kagome, she was confused at first, but then it dawned on her.
 
“Well, a little while back, Kouga came and told me some interesting information….” She started as she was interrupted by Inuyasha.
 
“What? He was here with you, where the hell was I?” He yelled.
 
“Inuyasha! Listen, he told me that the western lands, the lands your father ruled are falling, they're going down hill…and what he told me was…” She tried to find the words for it.
 
“You're the heir to the throne Dog shit; your father left the power in your hands, though I have no clue why he would leave it in a coward's hands.” Kouga said bluntly, as he shrugged.
 
“He what? My father…left what?” He asked.
 
“He's telling the truth Inuyasha, you can take it or leave it, but the western lands are falling under.” Kagome added.
 
“I need to think about this…” Inuyasha said as he ran off to think, ran off to Goshinboku.
 
“He is a coward…” Kouga said to no one in particular.
 
“Kouga, I think you should go, we'll come to you when he has made his decision, till then, just leave, and thank you….” Kagome said as she walked off towards her mate.
 
Kyasha and Daitan watched in confusion the scene taking place in front of them. Kouga was leaving, their mother was walking off after there father, which was now, to their knowledge, a lord, or could be if he chose. The question was, what would he choose? The kingdom and all it's power, or to stay at home with his family, and watch as the western lands fell.
 
 
_________________________________________________________________ _______
 
 
 
A/N: There another chapter edited, I'm getting this done before school starts, I have to…ugh!
 
 
 
Disclaimer: do not own any of the Inuyasha characters, Anime or Manga. The only one who can say that they do is Rumiko Takahashi, being that she created them for the amazing pleasure of putting them through hell in the stories we create.