InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Anxiety ❯ First quarter moon ( Chapter 17 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

++Chapter 16++
++First quarter moon++
 
“Kyasha!” Daitan cried. Today him and his sister were playing hide and seek, Youkai style. The rules were, they were no rules, you could hide where ever, or even when ever, if you wanted to go through the well and hide there.
 
Daitan was now looking for his sister. It didn't usually take him that long, but she had always hid easy for him, knowing he was only eight years old. “Kyasha, where are you?” Knowing she wouldn't answer, but he was bored out of his mind trying to find her.
 
“Here I am!” Kyasha said as she hopped out of a tree a few feet in front of Daitan, as he let out a scream. Kyasha started to laugh. “How come you didn't smell me?” She asked as she lifted the little hanyou up. “Anyway, let's get back, it's getting late.”
 
Daitan nodded as he took his sister's hand and was tossed up and over to her back. She ran back to the village at amazing speeds. Daitan loved riding on his sister's back, unlike Inuyasha, she didn't slow down when they came to a cliff, and she would just jump over it. Daitan loved it, being at the brink of death, or danger, what ever you wanted to call it.
 
“Daitan, hold on…” Kyasha said as Daitan grabbed onto her as she leapt into the air over a few trees, then landed on the ground then continued to jump up into the sky. Kyasha smiled as she heard Daitan laugh so hard she thought he would die from a lack of air.
 
“Faster, faster, Kyasha…” Daitan screamed as she darted through the forest.
 
“Kyasha, slow down, you could get yourself hurt!” Kagome called out as she saw her children near the village.
 
“I know Mama, don't worry, we're fine…” Kyasha said as she slowed down in front of the hut Kagome came out of. “Hey, where's Papa?”
 
“He's off with Miroku, there was a youkai sighting in some village a little ways…he should be back tonight.” Kagome said. Kyasha glanced up at the sky, but her eyes widened when she glanced at the moon. The first quarter moon? Tonight? She must have lost track of time.
 
“Kyasha what's wrong?” Sango asked as she neared the hut with some washed laundry in her hands. Kyasha shook her head; she didn't need to tell them till tonight.
 
“Oh, nothing just thought I saw something…that's all.” She gave them a fake smile, and to her surprise they seemed to buy it. She sighed; she was going to have to tell them sooner or later.
 
88888888888888888
 
“Inuyasha, would you wait up…” Miroku grumbled as he began to run after the hanyou again.
 
“Hurry it up monk; you need to get your fat ass out more often.” Inuyasha growled as he waited for Miroku to catch up. `We have to hurry; tonight's the first quarter…Kyasha, you better not do anything stupid.' He thought to himself as he began to run again, ignoring the irritated sigh he got from Miroku.
 
8888888888888888
 
“Sango, could you get more wood for the fire, Daitan's already asleep, or I would do it myself?” Kagome asked. Hanna was sitting next to Kyasha talking to her about everyday stuff. Kagome glanced at her daughter, she had been acting weird the whole day, and she needed to know why. “Hanna, it's getting late, how about you head to bed, we'll be following you shortly.”
 
“Okay, goodnight Kyasha, night Auntie Kagome.” Hanna said as she ran into the hut.
 
“I'm gonna go for a walk, be back in a bit.” Kyasha said as she sat up and began to walk into the forest.
 
“Kyasha, wait, it's getting late…” Kagome said as she ran after her daughter. Kyasha heard her coming and ran into the forest; she didn't want her to catch up.
 
`What's her problem, she's almost worse then her father.' Kagome thought as she saw Kyasha run into the forest. Kagome's legs gave way and she tripped on a rock and was plummeting to the ground. She closed her eyes and expected to hit the ground, when it never came. Kagome opened her eyes and looked up. She gasped. She expected to see a silver haired hero, but instead saw a black-haired stranger. At first she thought it was Inuyasha, but wait…it wasn't the new moon, then who was this stranger?
 
“Who are you?” She asked, as her helper stood her back up.
 
“You mean, you don't even recognize me?” The stranger asked. Kagome squinted her eyes; it was dark so she couldn't make out the fine details. She saw violet eyes, like Inuyasha's and long black hair. Kagome gasped.
 
“Kyasha?” Kagome asked. Kyasha nodded.
 
“Tonight's the first quarter moon, my vulnerable night, I know I had to tell you sooner or later, but I didn't want it to be in front of everyone, I'd like to take it one at a time.” Kyasha asked. Kagome nodded. She never actually saw Kyasha as a human; it always seemed to be that she took off her concealment necklace off everytime she was with Kagome.
 
“So, tonight's the night…” A voice called out. Kagome and Kyasha glanced around and came into view with a smirking Inuyasha. “What are you two doing here in the middle of the forest…it's dangerous, you're both weak humans….” Inuyasha added. Miroku came running up from behind Inuyasha and then looked up but couldn't hold back his gasp.
 
“Kyasha?” Miroku asked. “Tonight's your night of vulnerability?”
 
“Yeah, can I explain when we get back to the village; I don't want to explain this any more.” She grumbled as everybody walked back to the hut.
 
88888888888888888
 
“There you are, I thought that something happened to you guys…I see Miroku and Inuyasha are ba--” Sango stopped talking when she got a good look at everybody. Kagome looked like Kagome, Inuyasha looked like Inuyasha, Miroku looked like Miroku, and Kyasha looked like…Inuyasha?
 
“Kyasha?”
 
“Everyone sit down and I'll explain it again to everyone…” Kyasha grumbled. Everyone nodded and sat down. Glancing at Kyasha for her explanation.
 
“Okay, just like every hanyou in the whole world, I have a night when I lose my youkai abilities and turn into a human for the night, and you probably already know all this, since you know Papa. Anyway, my night is the night of the first quarter moon, which just happens to be tonight.”
 
“What shocked me was that you looked like your father so much now…” Sango added.
 
“She doesn't look a thing like me.” Inuyasha grumbled.
 
“Actually, when you look at her in the shade, she looks like his twin, only a bit shorted though.” Kagome added.
 
“She doesn't look like me at all!” Inuyasha protested.
 
“What's your problem if I do look like you? Is it a bad thing?” Kyasha asked as she stormed out of the hut.
 
“Look what you did, Inuyasha, we were just saying that she looks like her father and you complained about it, and she probably thinks you don't want her to look like her, or in other words, she thinks you don't want her to be your daughter.” Miroku explained.
 
“Go apologize Inuyasha.” Kagome demanded.
 
“It doesn't matter what I do, I always end up apologizing to somebody.” He stormed out of the hut, looking for his human daughter.
 
88888888888888888
 
`Why do I care anyway…it's not like I do.' She tried to convince herself, but the problem was, she did care. She had always looked up to her father, even back when all he was to her was a gym teacher. There was something about him that made him her role model. She just never knew it till when he said she didn't look a thing like him. Surprisingly to her, that hurt.
 
“Are you the one they call Inuyasha?” A voice called out to her. She spun around and saw a giant spider youkai ready to attack her.
 
`This thing thinks I'm my father? So we do look alike.' She smiled.
 
“What's it to you?” She just had to ask that. But what scared her was that she was still a human, she had no way to fight this thing. She was going to need help, fast.
 
“If you are Inuyasha, then I must kill you!” The youkai screamed as he raised one of his many legs and brought it down on her. Kyasha was waiting; she could easily dodge this attack.
 
“Kyasha!” Kyasha turned her head to see her father, then she felt the ground around her crumble and then black overwhelmed her.
 
88888888888888888
 
Inuyasha made his way into his forest, following Kyasha's scent. He was pissed off that he had to make up with someone again. Did he do something to upset the gods or something?
 
He shook his head when he caught another scent mixed with Kyasha's. Another youkai was with her, she was weak, only a human.
 
`Kyasha, don't do anything I wouldn't do…' He thought as he pushed off the ground and ran into the forest to find her.
 
“If you are Inuyasha, then I must kill you!” Inuyasha heard that and his eyes widened. He flew out of the bushed and saw a giant spider youkai about to pound the young hanyou into the ground. Without his better judgment, he called out her name,
 
“Kyasha!” She turned her head and lost her attention from the youkai in front of her, the youkai pushed his foot into her and she was crushed into the ground. “Kyasha!” He cried again. Inuyasha ran over to the girl. Pulling her into his arms, she was out cold.
 
“So, you are the one called Inuyasha, too bad, this little one was pathetic, you better be a good fighter than that wimp.” The youkai exclaimed. Inuyasha lost it, no one called anyone in his family as wimp.
 
“I'm a way better fighter than you'll ever know.” Inuyasha said as he laid Kyasha down next to a tree and unsheathed Tetsusaiga. He ran up to the youkai and raised his sword. “No mercy…” He mumbled to himself. “Kazu no Kizu!”
 
The youkai slammed into a couple of trees behind him, knocking them out of their roots.
 
“A simple hanyou cannot destroy me…you'll have to do better then that.” He declared.
 
“Ya know? I'm kinda getting bored of hearing that.” He grumbled as he brought Tetsusaiga and gave him a taste of his wind scar. The spider youkai had no chance of beating him. He sheathed his sword and ran back to Kyasha.
 
`This is all my fault….if only I didn't say that…if only I felt I was worthy enough for one of my pups to look like me…it hurts Kyasha, I'm sorry…' He picked her up and carried her home. He was going to be in for a big explanation to give his mate when he returned with their daughter unconscious. Inuyasha sighed. He never won.
 
88888888888888888
 
“Inuyasha! What happened to her?” Kagome screeched as she saw him walking into the hut with their daughter in his arms, unconscious.
 
“She's fine, she took a hit from a spider youkai, don't worry, I got rid of it…she just needs to rest.” Inuyasha said as he lay Kyasha down on a futon.
 
“How did she get hit?” Miroku asked.
 
“I caught up to her, and saw that a youkai thought she was me…she took a hit…I got there to see it, then I finished him off and brought Kyasha here.” Inuyasha explained. He explained the whole situation, purposely leaving out the part that was his fault, he did not need any more bullshit from anyone at that moment, his guilt level was at an all time high as it was.
 
“Someone should get some herbs for her, just in case something else happened to her.” Sango instructed.
 
“I'll go check on the kids.” Miroku said.
 
“I'm going to go with him; I'm getting sleepy, see you all in the morning.” Sango said. “And you tell us when she gets back to normal. Good night you guys.”
 
“Goodnight Sango.” Kagome said. She glanced at Inuyasha; he wouldn't let his eyes leave Kyasha's sleeping form. “The sun should be up soon…” She said thinking if that would help him.
 
“Keh.”
 
“So she was hit?” Kagome asked.
 
“Uhh, yeah, I saw it happen…” Inuyasha added. Kagome walked over and placed a hand on Kyasha's forehead.
 
“She's running a bit of a fever, what kind of youkai was it?” Kagome asked.
 
“Spider…nothing poisonous.” He said, knowing she was thinking she had a fever from some sort of poison. “Her human form could have something to do with it…”
 
Kagome glanced at Inuyasha for an explanation. She knew that youkai never got colds or sick from any flu bug known to man, and being hanyou, she still had youkai blood in her.
 
“It is her human night, and humans can get colds…maybe that's what it is.” He added. Kagome was surprised, but made an `o' shape with her mouth in understanding.
 
“I never thought of that before, has it ever happened to you?” Kagome asked.
 
“No, I never was around humans when I was younger…since humans get the colds, when she's human she has to be near them, in contact.” Inuyasha informed.
 
“Well, I'll go get some more herbs for her, she should break her fever soon, but if she doesn't in the morning, we could ask Sango or Miroku for some advice, if you're right Inuyasha, then her youkai blood should cure her in the morning.” Kagome said.
 
“Okay, don't be too long…” He whispered as he watched her leave the hut. `Kyasha, get better…' He thought to himself as he slowly drifted to sleep.
 
8888888888888888
 
“Do you think what he said is true? Do you think Kyasha could have a human flu?” Sango asked Kagome. They had come into their hut earlier that morning. Kyasha had transformed back into her hanyou form, but she still hadn't woken up.
 
“That's what Inuyasha suggested. It could be possible; she has been in contact with quite a bit of humans.” Kagome said.
 
“I never thought a youkai or even a hanyou could get a cold, I guess we just have to wait till she wakes up.” Chansu said.
 
“Are you guys ever going to come out?” Daitan said as he walked inside.
 
“We will…we just want to make sure Kyasha's alright.” Kagome said.
 
“Come on, she's not going anywhere?” He asked.
 
 
“Daitan!” Hanna called to him from outside. “Come on, Come and find me.”
 
“Coming.” He called back to them. “You better get outside soon, it's boring in here.” Then he was gone looking for his friends.
 
“I'll go and check on the little brats.” Sango mumbled as she walked outside.
 
“And I'll go check on my lovely wife.” Miroku followed Sango, with Chansu on his tail.
 
“Perverted monk.” Inuyasha grumbled.
 
“Do you think she's going to be okay?” Kagome asked, ignoring the comment Miroku made.
 
“She'll be fine. Kyasha's a hanyou, she'll heal faster then humans.” He added.
 
“I know, but it's the thought of her being hurt. She's not used to this time.”
 
“I haven't even really started to train her, but most of it comes from instinct and experience anyway.” Inuyasha informed.
 
“I know…I just want her to wake up.”
 
“Getting a little anxious, huh there Mama?” Inuyasha and Kagome glanced to where Kyasha and saw her with her eyes wide open.
 
“You're awake?” Kagome asked.
 
“No, I'm still sleeping…come on; my eyes are open, aren't they?” She said sarcastically.
 
“How ya doing there kid?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“I've been better, my head hurts like there's no tomorrow, but I'm sure it'll pass….”
 
“Oh, I've been so worried about you…has your flu passed?” Kagome asked as she felt her forehead.
 
“I had a flu?” Kyasha asked.
 
“Yeah, you were burning up last night.”
 
“But, I'm hanyou; I don't get colds…isn't that how it is?” Kyasha asked as she sat up.
 
“Yeah, but last night you were a human, there is a slight possibility that you did catch a cold, but it's gone now due to your youkai blood returning.” Inuyasha said.
 
“Wow, I didn't even know that was possible.” Kyasha said.
 
“Well, now that we all know your fine, I'll go tell the others and go catch some food, I'm starving and your mother's all out of ramen.” Inuyasha left them.
 
“I am kinda getting hungry too.” Kagome giggled.
 
“Maybe your father will grab you something if he doesn't pig out on if first.” They both laughed.
 
“Oh, I see she's awake.” Sango and Miroku said.
 
“Yeah, I'm back.” Kyasha said to reassure everyone.
 
“Daitan's been really worried about you.” Sango added.
 
“I can't get rid of that kid, even when I'm out cold.” They all laughed, it was good having her back, even thought she never really went anywhere.
 
 
There, another chapter edited…can't wait till I can start to add on again!
 
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Inuyasha characters, from anime or manga.