InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Anxiety ❯ Epilogue ( Epilogue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

++Epilogue++
 
Kyasha ran through the forest, she was late, and she was going to be dead if she didn't make it home in time.
 
Today was Daitan's graduation, a very important date to her mother's eyes. It seemed Kami was against her that day as she finally reached the well and hopped through, hoping her family hadn't left yet.
 
She pushed open the shrine doors and made her way to the Higurashi temple to see her family.
 
“Kyasha, nice to see you.” The hanyou smiled at the warm smile her grandmother gave her with a quick hug.
 
“Same to you.” Kyasha returned with a quick kiss as she walked around. “Where's everyone?”
 
“Actually, you're not late, if you're wondering.” Kyasha smiled, sometimes her grandmother knew too much.
 
“Where are Papa and Mama?” Kyasha asked.
 
“They ran into town for me, they'll be back shortly.” Kyasha smiled, but frowned when she heard Daitan walk in.
 
“Kyasha took you long enough, how's Kooketsu?.” Then the hanyou stopped as Kyasha predicted. “Kyasha….you're…”
 
“Shut it boy, or I won't be coming at all.” Kyasha gave her brother a warning glance. “Kooketsu, he's fine.”
 
“Kyasha, don't be rude to your brother.” Kyasha sighed, so much for keeping it a surprise, knowing her grandmother knew already.
 
“Just please, don't tell Mama or Papa, I want to let everyone know after the grad party.” Kyasha sighed.
 
“Papa's gonna be pissed.” Daitan smiled in a singsong tune.
 
“Keep your mout--”Kyasha was interrupted when the front door opened.
 
“Kyasha, good you here. We have to leave now, Daitan, you don't have you robes on yet.” Kagome groaned. “You're going to be late for your own graduation ceremony.”
 
“Mama, I don't even want to go.” Daitan sighed.
 
“Dai, your mother wants to go, so you go.” Inuyasha winced when he felt Kagome punch him in the arm, warning him.
 
Inuyasha caught a smell in the room; he glanced at Kyasha then stifled a gasp.
 
“Kyasha?” he asked.
 
“Papa, so nice to see you again.” Kyasha ignored the fact that he knew already about her little `surprise' but hugged him to change the subject. “Let's get going.”
 
Kagome smiled in agreement, as she pushed Daitan down the hall to his room so he could change.
 
Kyasha gulped when she noticed her father growling just loud enough for her to hear.
 
`Just a little longer…remember, this is Daitan's day…' Kyasha thought to herself as she bounced from foot to foot as she waited impatiently for her younger brother to dress in his graduation robes and be ready to go.
 
She glanced at her father and noticed his flexing fists in aggravation, she sighed.
 
This was going to be a long day.
 
88888888888888888
 
Daitan watched his sister in her chair; she was jumpy, almost constantly moving.
 
`Kyasha's nuts…' Daitan thought as they waited for the ceremony that he was dreading to begin.
 
Eighteen years of age didn't mean he was mature enough to sit in one spot for more then two hours as they called each name up to present them with a slip of paper telling everyone in the world that they had completed high school like the other half of the working force had.
 
“Daitan, are you ready?” He sighed, his mother was the only reason she was here for this stupid thing anyway.
 
He noticed how tense his father was getting, possibly because of his sister and her new awaited drama and angst that she would be announcing as soon as this nightmare was over with Daitan.
 
`Then Papa will yell, and then Mama will calm him or be happy for Kyasha…' Daitan smiled. His family was always so interesting.
 
“Hello and welcome to the grad of 2023.” A woman said through an overly static microphone. “We're here today to celebrate the remembrance of so many years in school for the graduates here today.”
 
Daitan really hated this woman; she never liked him anyway, throughout high school.
 
“I'd like to start with calling up the valedictorian for this wonderful year, Izayoi Daitan.” Everyone started to clap, and Daitan sighed in embarrassment when his mother started to cry.
 
Daitan took a deep breath and pulled out his speech,
 
“Hello everyone, and welcome to freedom!” Everyone laughed a bit before he continued. “Thank you, I'd like to say a thank you, and instead of making it ten hours long, I'd just like to say a big thank you to everyone who's even said `hi' to me in my life…”
 
88888888888888888
 
“Oh Daitan, that was awesome.” Kyasha laughed.
 
“Yeah, yeah, it wasn't that great.” Daitan brushed off his sister's comment.
 
“Ha, it was better then my grad, everyone was drunk in less than twenty minutes.” She grumbled.
 
“Oh, I think you have something to tell us.” Daitan smiled knowingly at his sister as Kyasha felt stares from everyone in the room.
 
`Just get it over with…' she told herself.
 
“Okay…uhh…” Kyasha gulped.
 
Kagome walked in and felt the tension in the room, sitting down she realized everyone was looking at Kyasha.
 
“What's wrong?” Kyasha looked over seeing her mother walk in to join them.
 
“Mama…”
 
“Yeah?”
 
“I'm pregnant.”
 
 
There, my story is done, the first one done and I still have tons of other ideas to get out on paper. Look forward to writing the sequel, just be patient, I'd like to get at least one story finished before I start that project.