InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Anyone can love ❯ confession ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*Disclaimer, I don't own Inuyasha or its characters, I do own Tsuyara. I made this chapter longer then the last, its one of my favorite chapters. That last one was a hard one, the next few should be better. Hope you like it so far!*
 
Chapter 8
Confession
 
Tensions were high, Tsuyara wanted to be with Kagome and Sango; Rin also agreed to this…somehow… she talked Sesshoumaru into staying with them as well. The two dog brothers hated every minute of it. Fights were frequent, and just as often Kagome and Tsuyara were forced to calm the storms. One night though… things got out of hand.
 
The full moon was only a day away, Tsuyara was obviously anxious as usual. Inuyasha was the only one who knew still, to Tsuyara's relief. He would continually give her quick looks as if to tell her things would be fine. They didn't help much, what she couldn't do was come up with another excuse for her absence during that night. She knew things would get more suspicious and Sesshoumaru would put two and two together soon… it nagged at her.
 
Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha sat apart from each other, a fire separating them. it wasn't enough to keep their tempers apart.
 
“You know Sesshoumaru, if you hate being here so much why don't you just leave?” Inuyasha growled moodily.
 
“I promised Tsuyara I'd stay.” Sesshoumaru replied calmly.
 
“I thought you didn't like her much.”
 
Sesshoumaru paused for a second “I'm only keeping her around till she can take care of her self” he lied.
 
“Feh…” Inuyasha rolled his eyes.
 
“Are you looking for a fight?” Sesshoumaru challenged.
 
“Do you want one, basterd?”
 
“Sesshoumaru no…” Tsuyara tried, Sesshoumaru sighed deeply, half growling.
 
“Since when do you take orders from anyone?” Inuyasha mocked.
 
“Inuyasha!” both Tsuyara and Kagome yelled.
 
“I refuse to let a filthy Hanyou to get on my nerves!” Sesshoumaru countered. Tsuyara flinched.
 
“Never stopped you before” Inuyasha challenged, now standing up. Sesshoumaru stood up too, eyes turning red.
 
“Damn half-breed! You don't know when to shut up,” he flashed his claws at Inuyasha, a green glow about them. Tsuyara stood to pull him back, he didn't move “I should kill you now, get rid of one more disgrace”
 
Tsuyara's claws her ripped away from Sesshoumaru, leaving tears in his kimono, blood on his arm.
 
“Then why don't you kill me?” she whispered, he eyes shadowed by her golden white hair. Sesshoumaru turned, his eyes returned to their golden hue, he lowered his claws.
 
“What?”
 
“Tsuyara don't…” Inuyasha warned, now backing off, but getting ready to pull Sesshoumaru away if needs be.
 
“If you what to kill a Hanyou then kill me!” she yelled, then with a glare and a tear, she ran off into the darkness.
~
Sesshoumaru stood there not sure what had just happened. All those around him, except for Inuyasha, looked just as dumbfounded.
 
“What did she just say?” Kagome asked.
 
“Didn't she tell you? At the spring she whispered to you and Sango about this.”
 
“We probably didn't hear it; it was when you three made all that noise.” Sango said, remembering.
 
“Inuyasha… what is this about?” Sesshoumaru said finally, turning to his half brother.
 
“Sesshoumaru, Tsuyara is a Hanyou. A half-breed just like I am.” Inuyasha explained slowly. The dog lord looked furious.
 
“I don't believe you. I would have sensed it if she was.” He denied. “I should kill you for lying.
 
“I aint lying baka! She told me that no Youkai has ever been able to sense it for some reason.” Inuyasha tried. Sesshoumaru turned toward the direction that Tsuyara ran, panic took over Inuyasha. “What are you going to do?”
 
“Grant her wish.” Sesshoumaru growled eyes returning to red.
 
“No!” Kagome yelled
 
“Sesshoumaru you can't!” Inuyasha roared. “She never told you because she knew you would react this way!”
 
Sesshoumaru stopped, but didn't say anything. His eyes told Inuyasha that he was still going to find her. A long silence fell for some time, then Sesshoumaru lashed at Inuyasha with his venom whip, catching his brother in the chest. Then before any of Inuyashas companions could react. Sesshoumaru was gone in the trees.
~
Tsuyara never stopped; she kept running and wouldn't stop till her legs couldn't carry her any more. She'd done it, either Sesshoumaru would choose to forget her and they'd never meet again…or
 
`He'll kill me for sure if we ever meet each others eyes again...' she shuttered at the thought.
 
`Just keep running'
~
`She betrayed me, lied.' Sesshoumaru thought bitterly. He didn't care what Inuyasha told him. So what if she was afraid of him? She should have never come to him that night, this was her doing, she might as well pay the price.
 
`What are you saying?' a voice in the back of his mind told him. Sesshoumaru ignored. He found the snake-Youkais sent and followed it.
 
`Humph… snake…'
 
Soon he could hear her foot steps ahead, running faster her saw her…
~
Tsuyara kept running, the dog lords sent reached her nose too late. He grabbed her arm and twisted her around. She expected to have been dead right then but instead angry eyes stared into hers.
 
“You're a Hanyou?” he growled.
 
“Let me go!” Tsuyara yelled. His grip tightened as she struggled to free her self from him.
 
“Tell me the truth!”
 
Tsuyara stopped moving and glared at him, her eyes rimmed with tears.
 
“Yes”
 
Sesshoumaru gripped tighter, his claws now on the verge of breaking flesh. Tsuyara winced.
 
“S-ess… you're… hurting me”
 
He didn't let go, how could she do that to him? How?
 
“You really are a snake. Lying to me like that from the beginning!”
 
“Whose the snake!?” Tsuyara yelled her voice broken and teary. “You promised!”
 
“Promised what? I never promised anything to a half-breed.” Sesshoumaru spat.
 
“I ran away trying to fix this, but… but you came to find me…” she began. Sesshoumarus grip loosened slightly as the memory came back to him. “All you wanted was for me to be with you. I knew you would try to kill me, all those times you talked about Inuyasha in that murderous way… it scared me.”
 
She tore away from him, now yards from his striking range. She glared at him, fear and anger writing all over her shaking body.
 
“I couldn't get away…” she mumbled shakily. “ I was torn between love and fear…”
 
Sesshoumaru felt numb. He couldn't move or say anything. She, however, stepped backwards from him slowly. Obviously annoyed by his silence, Tsuyara spoke again
 
“So what do you wish of me? To stay or to leave for payment of my deception?” her voice was strangely cold as her red eyes pierced his. Somehow her words tore into him like nothing ever had before. Was he really that heartless?
 
“…I” he couldn't speak every muscle in his body seemed to be pierced with her words as if they were swords. She stepped back once more… he heard stones fall, there was a cliff behind her. He could hear her step again; Tsuyara was too angry, too scared to notice her surroundings. Something made him fly to grab her before she fell; he never felt his feet move. Tsuyara was in his arms now, quivering. He held her tightly in his arms, afraid to let her go again. He too, he noticed, was shaking.
 
“Don't go…”
~
How long they stood their, only the gods knew. By the time Sesshoumaru and Tsuyara let go of one another, the golden sun had barely risen above the horizon. Tsuyara's words had flooded through Sesshoumarus thoughts the entire night, ripping at his heart. What Tsuyara said next hurt him even more.
 
“Will you still want me to stay after you see me as a human?” she asked wearily, her voice tired and harsh from a night of crying. Those tears threatened to fall again when he struggled to reply, but it wasn't what she thought. It still surprised him that she would think he was like that…
 
“Don't cry… don't think of me that way…” he managed to say. “what difference would it make when you're human? You'll still be Tesu, that snake that lets only me near her, that comes to me for comfort and protection.”
 
Tsuyara wiped her eyes with the back of her hand, not once making eye contact with him. She buried her face in his furry pelt “I'm sorry” she mumbled into it.
 
“you should get back… Inuyasha and the others a worried about you” Sesshoumaru said calmly
 
“what about you?”
 
“They won't care if I come back, besides I'd rather not face them after last night.” He explained. “Have Rin and Jaken follow you back here. I'll be waiting.”
 
Tsuyara did what she was asked, wondering all the way if she could really trust his word again. Sesshoumaru seemed truly sincere… she would just have to wait and see.
~
Inuyasha and his companions were both relieved and surprised that Tsuyara was still alive. It was odd though that she was still going to travel with Sesshoumaru. Did that mean that his brother still wanted her around? It seemed impossible, but maybe it wasn't as impossible as they thought.
~
Tsuyara returned, Rins hand in hers, Jaken walking moodily behind them. he was confused about his master's actions these past few weeks. But now that he knew this Youkai, was no Youkai, but a half-breed, and still he wanted her to travel with him, befuddled the toad. But he dared not question his lord.
 
Though Tsuyara was relived that Sesshoumaru was ok with what she was, whether or not he will be that night still lingered in her mind. The Inu-youkai seemed to be aware of this, he was unusually kind to her. More then he normally was he was very careful and gentle with his words. Sesshoumaru never made eye contact with her. He feared it would frighten her.
 
Night grew near, and Tsuyara became fidgety, nervous. She hadn't told him when she was to turn human, but judging by the way she was acting he assumed it was tonight. It bothered him when she stood up and started pacing, as though contemplating if she should leave or not.
 
“Tesu… sit down.” He said trying to be calm.
 
“You try being in my position.” She snapped. She knew that he wouldn't understand the entirety of words but didn't care. She paced a few more times till she broke, leaving through the trees.
 
Sesshoumaru jumped, giving Jaken the order to stay and watch Rin. What was she thinking? He knew that Hanyous were most vulnerable at this time of their lives, so why would she leave the safety of being around another Youkai who could protect her?
 
“Tesu!” he called after her, noticing that her sent changed slightly as the full moon rose into the sky. He followed her sent till he reached a small clearing. Her back was facing him. her tail was gone, her paws now human feet, her ears where no longer pointed like his, and her hair, her hair was as dark as the night around them, but it still seemed to glisten under the moonlight like it did when golden white. She turned slowly to meet him, blue-green eyes looking at him as frightened as a child's. something struck him then. It was like the first time he saw her, but this time it wasn't just her hair the captivated him, it was her eyes… her entire body seemed unrealistically beautiful. No human could look that incredible.
 
Tsuyara waited for him to say something, she grew more nervous as his silence continued. But his expression surprised her, it wasn't angry, but… awed. She looked away from him, blushing now.
 
“What are you staring at me like that for?” she asked nervously. Sesshoumaru blinked.
 
“I've never… never seen anything so perfect.” He said. her blush deepened. Tsuyara looked to the ground hiding her face in her black hair. Sesshoumaru walked forward to the human-girl in front of him. He lifted her chin to look into her blue-green eyes; they seemed to glow with her beauty in the light of the moon and stars in the sky, she stared back into the golden depths of his eyes as he embraced her. it felt so strange, yet so right to be in his arms like this that she didn't fight it. She shook though, would he be able to hold back unlike so many before him?
 
“Sesshoumaru…” she whispered tearfully. He let her go, looking back into her eyes.
 
“I will never hurt you.” He said, knowing what she was thinking. His voice was so sincere, so true; she threw her self back into his arms and smiled.
 
*so that was chapter 8, I hope I'm getting the characters down ok, tell me what you think in your reviews, but be nice! Thanks ^_~*