InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Anyone can love ❯ shatterd ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*disclaimer, I don't own Inuyasha or its characters. I do own Tsuyara.*
 
Chapter 9
Shattered
 
“Find her. I want what is mine.”
 
“She has proven more difficult to capture then I thought.” Naraku explained. “She has found protection with a Youkai lord.”
 
“This Youkai you speak of shouldn't be so hard to kill.” The slithering voice said casually. Naraku grinned as the Youkai handed him a strange sword, engraved on it were flying serpents, a venomous glow wrapped around its blade. “Nothing can survive this but the strongest of my kind. Kill him first, and then use it to test her. If she lives, bring her to me, if she dose not, bring the necklace she wares to prove that Tsuyara is dead.”
 
Naraku raised a brow. He would not do this killer any favors unless he got something in return. “And what should you give me?”
 
The cobra grinned.
 
“Power as great as mine”
~
Months had passed since that first night Sesshoumaru saw Tsuyara as a human. Each full moon since then, he held her through the night. She either slept without worry, or talked with him till the sun rose and she returned to her normal form. She never feared him once. Often the two of them would walk alone and talk. He never touch her though, only on the nights when she was human would their hands meet. Sesshoumaru still felt that keeping his distance from her was the best thing, and Tsuyara seemed to be grateful for it.
 
Tsuyara felt something suddenly one afternoon while she walked besides Sesshoumaru. A sinister aura surrounded her from somewhere around them. She hadn't noticed that she had stopped when she looked towards Sesshoumaru. He still walked on, soon realizing that Tsuyara wasn't walking by his side.
 
“What's wrong Tesu?” he asked raising an eyebrow.
 
“Something's not right…” she mumbled looking around her. Could he not sense it? It was so plain, so clear to her that Sesshoumaru must be able to sense it too. He was a full Youkai unlike her.
 
“I don't sense anything.” He said emotionlessly. That bothered her, he could not feel what she did and it scared her, what was more disturbing was it felt somehow familiar. It was a feeling she could barely remember from her earliest memories, before her mother died. She willed her demonic powers, the little she knew she had, to rise.
 
Sesshoumaru couldn't understand what was bothering Tsuyara he felt nothing wrong with where they were. All he smelled was those around him and the plants and animals that lived in this area.
 
A gust of wind blew past them suddenly, a disembodied hand grabbed hold of Sesshoumarus Tensiega. What ever it was it threw it at Tsuyara.
 
Tsuyara hadn't noticed the wind, her mind and powers focused on the feeling that she had sensed. When the sword hit her, it took her by surprise. She caught it in her hands and without warning a blue light engulfed her hands. The power of it made Tensiega break…
 
All of it happened so quickly, the wind, the sword, the light, the sound of metal shattering. Just as fast as the feeling came, it left as if it was never there, but now a new aura filled the air, Tsuyara tore her eyes from the broken sword around her to meet the furious red eyes of Sesshoumaru.
 
“I didn't do it.” She said quickly, Sesshoumaru was about to say something, but the gust of wind returned. It was stronger this time and was focused around Tsuyara's feet. The blade shards lifted into the air and the same invisible hands the tore the sword away from Sesshoumaru, threw what remained into the winds… it was gone.
 
“Leave” Sesshoumaru suddenly said, his voice cold, emotionless. Tsuyara couldn't believe her ears.
 
“What?” she asked carefully, her voice shaking.
 
“This is your doing isn't it?” Sesshoumaru hissed.
 
“No! I told you something didn't seem right!” Tsuyara protested in vain
 
“Your hands shattered my sword, my inheritance.” His tone was low and dangerous. Tsuyara stepped back from him. Rin and Jaken stood away from them off the trail on which they were just walking.
 
“I…”
 
“I don't want to see you ever again.” Sesshoumaru growled.
 
“Don't say that! What if I find the shards? It could be fixed.” Tsuyara pleaded. “I've never felt safer around anyone then I do around you…”
 
Sesshoumaru was silent, his red eyes unreadable.
 
“Find them… then we will see.” He hissed. “Now go!”
 
Tsuyara left hurriedly. What had just happened was a mystery to her. For the first real time, she truly feared Sesshoumaru. But how was that possible? He was the only one she trusted, the only one her heart trusted. It didn't matter now though, she forced her self to one task. Find the pieces of Sesshoumarus sword, and then she could return to him… it shouldn't be so hard could it?
~
Kagura laughed. That was so easy, those powers that cobra gave her to get closer to Sesshoumaru worked like a charm. He had said that only strong Edjo's could see through it. He was right. But why did that Tsuyara girl feel it? She was just a Hanyou…
 
Oh well, the stage was set anyway. Naraku told her to kill Sesshoumaru, but even with the powers she had temporarily, she could never be able to kill him, the dog was too strong and cunning. So instead, she made him cast the snake girl away, and knew exactly how to do it. Kagura intended to make it seem like Tsuyara was trying to steal Tensiega, but she didn't expect it to break. That was even better… with a gust of wind the shards would be lost.
 
Kagura would wait though; make sure Sesshoumaru wouldn't change his mind about the girl. After he made sure he left her for good, she would strike.
~
Sesshoumaru said nothing for a long time. Rin and Jaken where afraid to speak at all, Sesshoumaru didn't care. What ever created that wind, he would find and kill, but Tsuyara said that she didn't have many powers, especially nothing like that. Only something extremely powerful could be able to break his sword. Did she lie to him again?
 
`That doesn't matter now; I doubt she'll find each piece.' Sesshoumaru found himself thinking. He forced himself to show no emotion on his face. Since Tsuyara had come into his life, it became harder to do that. Up till now he didn't care, but now it was time to return to the way he once was…
 
Something deep within him sighed in despair; why would that feel so wrong?
 
`Stop it! This Sesshoumaru needs no one to love. She has weakened me!'
 
He told himself this over and over again, willing him self to forget the way Tsuyara made him feel.
 
`A Youkai should never let himself be weakened by anything.' Soon the desperate voice that tried so hopelessly to change his mind began to fade away, still though it remained.
 
Something caught his nose. A familiar, sad sent. A piece of his broken sword, the hilt, was just in front of him, a few yards away. He smiled his old demonic smile.
 
`Now she will never find me.' The voice disappeared, only to be replaced by the one he used to have. As he picked up his sword he became to Youkai that was lost when he met the snake-girl, Tsuyara's face vanished from him, her eyes, her hair… now only a distant, faint dream.
 
*will they ever meet again? Keep reading and find out!!! Araso*